Hi - we are thinking about a spring break trip, DH, me, and two teenage sons. We chose St Croix for the diving, and it seems that some of the best is on the North shore, over by Cane Bay. So, I have a few questions - do we really need to stay near there? How hard is it to get around? We will be renting a car. I have stayed at dive resorts before, and the convenience is wonderful, but with a captive audience, they can sometimes skimp on food and lodging. Frederiksted also looks nice with good diving round the pier. So, my main question is, any suggestions on moderately priced, < $200 a night, lodgings? Either the Frederiksted area or the north shore?
Moderate lodging St Croix? North Shore?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 2 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 3 Cuba Opening Up
- 4 Jamaica all inclusive
- 5 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 6 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 7 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 8 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 9 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 10 Just back from The Somerset
- 11 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 12 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 13 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 14 Sandals Resorts
- 15 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 16 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 17 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 18 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 19 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 20 Cuba in 10 days
- 21 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 22 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 23 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 24 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin
- 25 Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana