My sister and I planned a last minute trip, compliments of our Mother, to Cuba for a Mother - daughter(s) getaway. Only after we booked it did we start to research Cuba. Now I'm scared we might have picked the wrong distination at my Mom's expense. This will be my first All-inclusive vacation and that was at the request of my Mom, due to the fact that she stayed at all-inclusive in Dominican and loved it. So we are staying at the Iberostar Barlovento. Any resent visitors to this hotel - please let me know whether or not I screwed this one up! I guess one of my concerns is the fact that we have been dieting our butts off for this vacation to hear nothing but the food is bad. Any comparisons to other contries. I'v been to a few. Mexico, Singapore, Borneo, Jamica, Canary Islands. Is there seafood? Another things that is bugging me, is the money situation. I am from Canada should I really bring US funds? Can I bring Canadian Travels cheques and exchange to Peso. I hate having to exchange to US funds that's why I'm NOT going to the US. And I'v read that you can't bring any Art back, ie. carvings, painting, handmade crafts. Is that true? My sisters and I are huge shoppers and were hoping to bring back a bunch of original home decorating trinkets home! What's the shopping like and can you bring stuff home. Can you barter? Is there vendors on the beaches? Markets? We loved Mexico for this, any comparisons? Sorry if I sound so negative. I was really excited until I starting reading reviews on the internet and now I'm wondering if these people are just complainers or did I make a mistake. I have lived in Borneo, Singapore, Iran and Canary Islands and that brings an appreciation for Markets and Vendors, ethnic foods, meeting the people. I completely understand that these hotels do not hold the same standard as Canadian hotels, however these reviews are horrible. Anyways any comments would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 All inclusive
- 2 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 3 BVI trip questions
- 4 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 5 DR vs. Mexico
- 6 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 7 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 8 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 9 Family of 5 undecided island
- 10 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 11 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 12 family resort ideas?
- 13 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 14 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 15 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 16 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico
- 18 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 19 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 20 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 21 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 22 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 23 Punta Cana
- 24 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?
- 25 US Virgin Isl. first time which resort?