My sister and I planned a last minute trip, compliments of our Mother, to Cuba for a Mother - daughter(s) getaway. Only after we booked it did we start to research Cuba. Now I'm scared we might have picked the wrong distination at my Mom's expense. This will be my first All-inclusive vacation and that was at the request of my Mom, due to the fact that she stayed at all-inclusive in Dominican and loved it. So we are staying at the Iberostar Barlovento. Any resent visitors to this hotel - please let me know whether or not I screwed this one up! I guess one of my concerns is the fact that we have been dieting our butts off for this vacation to hear nothing but the food is bad. Any comparisons to other contries. I'v been to a few. Mexico, Singapore, Borneo, Jamica, Canary Islands. Is there seafood? Another things that is bugging me, is the money situation. I am from Canada should I really bring US funds? Can I bring Canadian Travels cheques and exchange to Peso. I hate having to exchange to US funds that's why I'm NOT going to the US. And I'v read that you can't bring any Art back, ie. carvings, painting, handmade crafts. Is that true? My sisters and I are huge shoppers and were hoping to bring back a bunch of original home decorating trinkets home! What's the shopping like and can you bring stuff home. Can you barter? Is there vendors on the beaches? Markets? We loved Mexico for this, any comparisons? Sorry if I sound so negative. I was really excited until I starting reading reviews on the internet and now I'm wondering if these people are just complainers or did I make a mistake. I have lived in Borneo, Singapore, Iran and Canary Islands and that brings an appreciation for Markets and Vendors, ethnic foods, meeting the people. I completely understand that these hotels do not hold the same standard as Canadian hotels, however these reviews are horrible. Anyways any comments would be appreciated.
Millions of questions!
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 3 Islands with great nightlife
- 4 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 5 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 6 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 7 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 8 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 9 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 10 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 11 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 12 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 13 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 14 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 15 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 16 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 17 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 18 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 19 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 20 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 21 Beaches Turks question
- 22 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 23 Curacao - where to stay
- 24 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 25 May Honeymoon