My sister and I planned a last minute trip, compliments of our Mother, to Cuba for a Mother - daughter(s) getaway. Only after we booked it did we start to research Cuba. Now I'm scared we might have picked the wrong distination at my Mom's expense. This will be my first All-inclusive vacation and that was at the request of my Mom, due to the fact that she stayed at all-inclusive in Dominican and loved it. So we are staying at the Iberostar Barlovento. Any resent visitors to this hotel - please let me know whether or not I screwed this one up! I guess one of my concerns is the fact that we have been dieting our butts off for this vacation to hear nothing but the food is bad. Any comparisons to other contries. I'v been to a few. Mexico, Singapore, Borneo, Jamica, Canary Islands. Is there seafood? Another things that is bugging me, is the money situation. I am from Canada should I really bring US funds? Can I bring Canadian Travels cheques and exchange to Peso. I hate having to exchange to US funds that's why I'm NOT going to the US. And I'v read that you can't bring any Art back, ie. carvings, painting, handmade crafts. Is that true? My sisters and I are huge shoppers and were hoping to bring back a bunch of original home decorating trinkets home! What's the shopping like and can you bring stuff home. Can you barter? Is there vendors on the beaches? Markets? We loved Mexico for this, any comparisons? Sorry if I sound so negative. I was really excited until I starting reading reviews on the internet and now I'm wondering if these people are just complainers or did I make a mistake. I have lived in Borneo, Singapore, Iran and Canary Islands and that brings an appreciation for Markets and Vendors, ethnic foods, meeting the people. I completely understand that these hotels do not hold the same standard as Canadian hotels, however these reviews are horrible. Anyways any comments would be appreciated.
Millions of questions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 3 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 4 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 5 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 6 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 7 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 8 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 9 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 10 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 11 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 16 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 17 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 18 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 19 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 20 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 21 Which island?
- 22 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 23 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 24 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 25 Resort hotels on St Croix