My wife and I are trying to go on a honeymoon late December for 7 days. we don't know the exact dates because the military doesn't release those dates until the fiscal year ends(hopefully in a week). Regardless, we know it will be late December time frame. We both would like to go snorkeling and enjoy the beaches (living next to Destin, FL, we both appreciate the white sand and clear blue water) We also would like to be able to go hiking to see the island, outside of just the beach. I have been to Puerto Rico once about 15 years ago. We were able to stay with a family friend in a city on the southwest side of the island. We were able to go through the rain forest which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm not sure how the other islands compare. I have looked at St. Thomas and St. Croix. Both look absolutely beautiful but I have heard some negative points to each. Saint Thomas seems to be overflowing with cruise passengers, while St. Croix looks to be very small and not a lot of inner Island adventures. I could be be completely wrong. I apologize if I am naïve. At this point I feel is between Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, or St. Croix. If anyone has any recommendations for either of the three it would be greatly appreciated. If I am missing someplace that is better than all three, please advise. Also, once we figure out where we are going we may be looking for some inside advice i.e. best restaurants, Best charters for snorkeling etc.
Thank you for your time
We can only stay on islands that do not require passports.... (Yay)
Budget is $4000 with airfare ( tickets to St. Thomas were around $1600 for both of us)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Currency Americans Should Bring to Cuba
- 2 Christmas vacation
- 3 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 4 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 5 1st time to Barbados
- 6 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 7 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 8 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 9 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 10 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 11 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 12 GTC
- 13 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 14 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 15 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 16 Cayman Islands travel report
- 17 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 18 Curacao times 2
- 19 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 20 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 21 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 22 Bermuda Travel Report
- 23 Cuba Help
- 24 Cuba via cruise
- 25 Aruba villa help desperate!