My wife and I are trying to go on a honeymoon late December for 7 days. we don't know the exact dates because the military doesn't release those dates until the fiscal year ends(hopefully in a week). Regardless, we know it will be late December time frame. We both would like to go snorkeling and enjoy the beaches (living next to Destin, FL, we both appreciate the white sand and clear blue water) We also would like to be able to go hiking to see the island, outside of just the beach. I have been to Puerto Rico once about 15 years ago. We were able to stay with a family friend in a city on the southwest side of the island. We were able to go through the rain forest which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm not sure how the other islands compare. I have looked at St. Thomas and St. Croix. Both look absolutely beautiful but I have heard some negative points to each. Saint Thomas seems to be overflowing with cruise passengers, while St. Croix looks to be very small and not a lot of inner Island adventures. I could be be completely wrong. I apologize if I am naïve. At this point I feel is between Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, or St. Croix. If anyone has any recommendations for either of the three it would be greatly appreciated. If I am missing someplace that is better than all three, please advise. Also, once we figure out where we are going we may be looking for some inside advice i.e. best restaurants, Best charters for snorkeling etc.
Thank you for your time
We can only stay on islands that do not require passports.... (Yay)
Budget is $4000 with airfare ( tickets to St. Thomas were around $1600 for both of us)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://healthonlinereviews.com/beaute-lift-cream/
- 2 Help with small wedding location
- 3 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 4 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 6 Ideal wedding island
- 7 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 8 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 9 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 10 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 11 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 12 St. Croix
- 13 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 14 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 15 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 16 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 17 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion