I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 2 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 3 BVI trip questions
- 4 Curaçao and girls?
- 5 Small Carribean Hotel
- 6 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 7 Punta Cana Excursions
- 8 customs questions
- 9 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 10 Nassau Bahamas
- 11 Biking in Caribbean
- 12 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 13 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 14 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 15 Help with how long on each island.
- 16 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 17 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 18 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 19 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 20 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 21 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 22 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 23 Hiking in St. John
- 24 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 25 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018