I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Techer : SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 PRINTER R*g
- 2 Cuba: 4.5 days,4 nights
- 3 Havana
- 4 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 5 Barbados-how about this place?
- 6 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 9 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 10 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 11 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 12 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 13 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 14 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 17 Family vacation
- 18 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 19 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 20 PR or USVI
- 21 Havana Hotel
- 22 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 23 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 24 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 25 Cayman Islands Currency