I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 릴 온라인 ▼ 접속 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 3 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 4 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 5 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 6 Tortola next week
- 7 Summer trip
- 8 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 9 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 10 DR vs. Mexico
- 11 Surf Fly Fishing
- 12 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 13 Family of 5 undecided island
- 14 Christmas 2017
- 15 Honeymoon Help!!
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 17 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 18 All inclusive
- 19 BVI trip questions
- 20 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 21 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 22 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 23 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 24 family resort ideas?
- 25 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba