I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 2 when to visit barbados
- 3 Honeymoon Help!!
- 4 Barbados Beaches
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 7 Punta Cana
- 8 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 9 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 10 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 11 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 12 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 13 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 14 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 15 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 16 Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 Trouble booking hotels!
- 18 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 19 Airport transfer PUJ
- 20 Bahama's outer island
- 21 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 22 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 23 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 24 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 25 40 min layover in CLT