I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 2 Americans traveling to Cuba..question
- 2 First Vacation!
- 3 Safe for Family
- 4 Grand Cayman January
- 5 Bahamas girls trip
- 6 Turks & Caicos
- 7 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 8 Restaurant in Aruba
- 9 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 10 Early 20's Couple
- 11 Couple in early 20's
- 12 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 13 Boat Charter in BVI
- 14 Weather in June?
- 15 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?
- 16 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 17 Anniversary Trip Options
- 18 Island with golf
- 19 2 Days in Dominica
- 20 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 21 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 22 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 23 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 24 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 25 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico