I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need 1 room for family of 5 at fun upscale hotel
- 2 Caribbean holiday in December
- 3 Carribean Cruise then immigration
- 4 Barbados vs Grenada
- 5 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 6 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 7 Cuba tour companies
- 8 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 9 Snorkeling Grand Cayman
- 10 last-minute summer beach trip (Aruba?) with kids
- 11 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 12 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 13 Barbados or st Martin that's the dilemma
- 14 The formula effortlessly helps to restore
- 15 CHOOSING BETWEEN 3 RESORTS, HELP!
- 16 Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico or Aruba
- 17 Where to stay in Puerto Rico?
- 18 Weather in Nov
- 19 Virgin Gorda with Kids
- 20 Fishing for ideas
- 21 If you heard about the Weight Loss System
- 22 Spring Break trip to Cuba with our kids
- 23 Travel Insurance
- 24 First time cruiser to USVI
- 25 Cuba