I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tour Operator?
- 2 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 3 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 4 Resort Recommendations
- 5 Travel Advice Needed
- 6 Puerto Plata
- 7 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 8 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 9 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 10 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 11 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 12 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 13 Transportation to Exuma
- 14 Nassau temp late Jan
- 15 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 16 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 17 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 18 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 19 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 20 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 21 West Coast US and Carribean
- 22 Hotel Suggestion in Puerto Plata
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Can acouple travel to Havana for 3 or 4 days legally as tourists??
- 25 20 Somethings on a Budget