I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We won a vacation we don't want!
- 2 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 3 To Blanchisseuse Bay. A Beautiful Afternoon Drive
- 4 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 5 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 6 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 7 Canadian money exchange ??
- 8 Help choosing an island
- 9 Safe, family friendly Island
- 10 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 11 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 12 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 13 Family trip to Jamaica
- 14 Vieques Island
- 15 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 16 Best island for food and beaches
- 17 Cuba tour companies
- 18 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 19 Resort rent out for wedding
- 20 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 21 St. Croix
- 22 Hotel on Turks
- 23 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Help picking Caribbean honeymoon destination