I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
May 2013 Honeymoon
- 1 Punta Cana Airport Transfer
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 Bahamas snorkeling
- 4 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 5 Feedback on villa rental location on St. Barths
- 6 Where to stay on Vieques
- 7 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 8 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 9 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 10 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 11 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 12 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 13 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 14 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 15 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 16 Wedding Help!
- 17 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 18 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 19 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 20 Islands with great nightlife
- 21 month stay on a caribbean island
- 22 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 23 Ferry to Rum Point
- 24 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 25 Family with infants/toddlers