My girlfriend and I are going to be in Martinique for 6 days in December. I was hoping to get recommendations of a town that we should stay in. We plan on exploring the island, hiking, visiting the capital, and relaxing on the beaches during the days. But we would like to stay in a town that has a few things to do in the evening. We would have loved to stay in Fort de France, but the guidebooks all seem to say that it's not a great place to stay given the congestion, crime and noise. However, the guidebooks don't say much about any other towns on the island. Ste. Anne is one that is mentioned, but I worry about the nearby Club Med. We would ideally like to avoid the touristy areas and the crowds. We're just looking for a charming town with a handful of restaurants and bars where we can relax in the evenings. Any advice? Thoughts on Ste. Anne, Le Francois, Trinite, Le Marin, Ste. Marie, Ste. Luce, Le Diament, etc.? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 2 St John March, where to stay
- 3 The right adults-only resort
- 4 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 5 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 6 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 7 Cupecoy Beach
- 8 Tips for bahamas
- 9 Vacation Ideas
- 10 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 11 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 12 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 13 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 14 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 15 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 16 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 17 walkable hotels
- 18 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 19 Back from San Juan
- 20 St Thomas
- 21 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 22 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 23 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 24 Aruba Restaurants
- 25 Aruba Restaraunts