My girlfriend and I are going to be in Martinique for 6 days in December. I was hoping to get recommendations of a town that we should stay in. We plan on exploring the island, hiking, visiting the capital, and relaxing on the beaches during the days. But we would like to stay in a town that has a few things to do in the evening. We would have loved to stay in Fort de France, but the guidebooks all seem to say that it's not a great place to stay given the congestion, crime and noise. However, the guidebooks don't say much about any other towns on the island. Ste. Anne is one that is mentioned, but I worry about the nearby Club Med. We would ideally like to avoid the touristy areas and the crowds. We're just looking for a charming town with a handful of restaurants and bars where we can relax in the evenings. Any advice? Thoughts on Ste. Anne, Le Francois, Trinite, Le Marin, Ste. Marie, Ste. Luce, Le Diament, etc.? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 not tell a litigation a which basically ch
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic