My girlfriend and I are going to be in Martinique for 6 days in December. I was hoping to get recommendations of a town that we should stay in. We plan on exploring the island, hiking, visiting the capital, and relaxing on the beaches during the days. But we would like to stay in a town that has a few things to do in the evening. We would have loved to stay in Fort de France, but the guidebooks all seem to say that it's not a great place to stay given the congestion, crime and noise. However, the guidebooks don't say much about any other towns on the island. Ste. Anne is one that is mentioned, but I worry about the nearby Club Med. We would ideally like to avoid the touristy areas and the crowds. We're just looking for a charming town with a handful of restaurants and bars where we can relax in the evenings. Any advice? Thoughts on Ste. Anne, Le Francois, Trinite, Le Marin, Ste. Marie, Ste. Luce, Le Diament, etc.? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Croix and sea grass
- 2 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES