My girlfriend and I are going to be in Martinique for 6 days in December. I was hoping to get recommendations of a town that we should stay in. We plan on exploring the island, hiking, visiting the capital, and relaxing on the beaches during the days. But we would like to stay in a town that has a few things to do in the evening. We would have loved to stay in Fort de France, but the guidebooks all seem to say that it's not a great place to stay given the congestion, crime and noise. However, the guidebooks don't say much about any other towns on the island. Ste. Anne is one that is mentioned, but I worry about the nearby Club Med. We would ideally like to avoid the touristy areas and the crowds. We're just looking for a charming town with a handful of restaurants and bars where we can relax in the evenings. Any advice? Thoughts on Ste. Anne, Le Francois, Trinite, Le Marin, Ste. Marie, Ste. Luce, Le Diament, etc.? Thank you.
- 1 St.Thomas St. John
- 2 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 3 Which island to visit???
- 4 June vacation trip for guys
- 5 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 6 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 7 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 8 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 9 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 10 Honeymoon Help!
- 11 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 12 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 13 Grand Cayman
- 14 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 15 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 16 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 17 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 18 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 19 quiet and relaxing
- 20 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 21 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!
- 22 Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?
- 23 All Inclusive for small children?
- 24 Private tours in Jamaica
- 25 Harbor Condos from VRBO