I'm considering going to Martinique for 2-3 weeks in the first third of 2015. At the moment, there's nobody interested in coming with me, so firstly, I was wondering how it was for lone female travellers?
I'm interested in Martinique because I've never been to the Caribbean and would love to go, and I want to improve my French. I'm on a budget and can't afford expensive hotels, and would much prefer to stay with a family or something like that but don't know where to start. I've looked up a few language schools but don't know if they're any good as I have no personal recommendations.
Can anyone who has been offer any advice about Martinique in general and particularly about studying French/staying with a local family?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 2 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 3 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations
- 5 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 6 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 7 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 8 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 40 min layover in CLT
- 11 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 12 Atlantis 1 day
- 13 Atlantis on a budget
- 14 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 15 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 16 St. Barts
- 17 Buses in Aruba
- 18 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 19 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 20 Stingray City Tour
- 21 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 22 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 23 Bahama's outer island
- 24 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 25 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring