I'm considering going to Martinique for 2-3 weeks in the first third of 2015. At the moment, there's nobody interested in coming with me, so firstly, I was wondering how it was for lone female travellers?
I'm interested in Martinique because I've never been to the Caribbean and would love to go, and I want to improve my French. I'm on a budget and can't afford expensive hotels, and would much prefer to stay with a family or something like that but don't know where to start. I've looked up a few language schools but don't know if they're any good as I have no personal recommendations.
Can anyone who has been offer any advice about Martinique in general and particularly about studying French/staying with a local family?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 2 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 3 BVI trip questions
- 4 Curaçao and girls?
- 5 Small Carribean Hotel
- 6 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 7 Punta Cana Excursions
- 8 customs questions
- 9 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 10 Nassau Bahamas
- 11 Biking in Caribbean
- 12 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 13 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 14 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 15 Help with how long on each island.
- 16 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 17 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 18 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 19 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 20 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 21 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 22 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 23 Hiking in St. John
- 24 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 25 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018