I'm considering going to Martinique for 2-3 weeks in the first third of 2015. At the moment, there's nobody interested in coming with me, so firstly, I was wondering how it was for lone female travellers?
I'm interested in Martinique because I've never been to the Caribbean and would love to go, and I want to improve my French. I'm on a budget and can't afford expensive hotels, and would much prefer to stay with a family or something like that but don't know where to start. I've looked up a few language schools but don't know if they're any good as I have no personal recommendations.
Can anyone who has been offer any advice about Martinique in general and particularly about studying French/staying with a local family?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 aruba fun!!!
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 5 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 6 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 7 Turks and caicos
- 8 St.Lucia newbie
- 9 Aruba weather
- 10 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 11 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 12 Turks and caicos
- 13 Cruise stop activities
- 14 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 15 Jade Mountain
- 16 Honeymoon Help!!
- 17 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 18 Bermuda
- 19 Restaurant Suggestions
- 20 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 21 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 22 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 23 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 24 Taxi info. Self touring
- 25 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away