I'm considering going to Martinique for 2-3 weeks in the first third of 2015. At the moment, there's nobody interested in coming with me, so firstly, I was wondering how it was for lone female travellers?
I'm interested in Martinique because I've never been to the Caribbean and would love to go, and I want to improve my French. I'm on a budget and can't afford expensive hotels, and would much prefer to stay with a family or something like that but don't know where to start. I've looked up a few language schools but don't know if they're any good as I have no personal recommendations.
Can anyone who has been offer any advice about Martinique in general and particularly about studying French/staying with a local family?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 3 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 4 aruba planning advice
- 5 Move to grand cayman
- 6 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 7 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 8 Malaria Punta Cana
- 9 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 10 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 11 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 12 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 13 New Destination
- 14 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 15 Bahamas help
- 16 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 17 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 18 Vacation suggestion, please
- 19 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 20 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 21 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 22 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 23 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 24 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 25 Transfer from Havana to Varadero