I'm considering going to Martinique for 2-3 weeks in the first third of 2015. At the moment, there's nobody interested in coming with me, so firstly, I was wondering how it was for lone female travellers?
I'm interested in Martinique because I've never been to the Caribbean and would love to go, and I want to improve my French. I'm on a budget and can't afford expensive hotels, and would much prefer to stay with a family or something like that but don't know where to start. I've looked up a few language schools but don't know if they're any good as I have no personal recommendations.
Can anyone who has been offer any advice about Martinique in general and particularly about studying French/staying with a local family?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 2 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 3 Cuba Help
- 4 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 5 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 6 Living in the Caribbean
- 7 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 8 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 9 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 10 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 11 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 12 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 13 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 14 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 15 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 18 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 19 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 20 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 21 St. Croix
- 22 St Kitts & Irma
- 23 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 24 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 25 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?