My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 could become stressed rather
- 2 A novice on the other
- 3 Cuba by car
- 4 multiple family beach vacation
- 5 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 6 Short trip to St. Martin/Day trip to Anguilla
- 7 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 8 Anguilla Beaches
- 9 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 10 Caribbean with grown kids
- 11 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 12 Need a new vacation spot!
- 13 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 14 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 15 Mid October Honeymoon
- 16 Summer family vacation
- 17 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 18 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 19 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 20 Honeymoon destination?
- 21 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 22 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 23 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 24 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 25 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?