My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 cialis
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Month travel ideas
- 4 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 5 Cuba weather in March
- 6 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 7 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 8 aruba planning advice
- 9 Move to grand cayman
- 10 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 11 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 12 Malaria Punta Cana
- 13 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 14 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 15 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 16 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 17 New Destination
- 18 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 19 Bahamas help
- 20 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 21 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 22 Vacation suggestion, please
- 23 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?