My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 2 Vieques Island
- 3 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 4 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 5 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 6 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 7 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 8 Best island for food and beaches
- 9 Canadian money exchange ??
- 10 Cuba tour companies
- 11 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 12 Resort rent out for wedding
- 13 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 Family trip to Jamaica
- 16 Safe, family friendly Island
- 17 Help choosing an island
- 18 Hotel on Turks
- 19 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Help picking Caribbean honeymoon destination
- 22 December celebration trip
- 23 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 24 St. Bart's, French St. Martin or Turks & Caicos for family?
- 25 San Juan
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?