My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 West Coast US and Carribean
- 2 The Club Barbados AI resort & Spa
- 3 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 4 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 5 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 6 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 7 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 8 Resort Recommendations
- 9 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Tour Operator?
- 12 Travel Advice Needed
- 13 Puerto Plata
- 14 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 15 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 16 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 17 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 18 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 19 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 20 Transportation to Exuma
- 21 Nassau temp late Jan
- 22 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 23 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 24 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 25 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?