My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Do you need a rental in Jamaica?
- 2 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 3 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 4 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 5 Groupon Tours
- 6 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 7 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 8 Location
- 9 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 10 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 11 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 12 turks caicos
- 13 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 14 Private tours in Cuba
- 15 Planning trip to st Lucia
- 16 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 17 Curacao
- 18 Bahamas girls trip
- 19 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 20 Cuba Tour Companies
- 21 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 22 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 23 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 24 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 25 St Croix for mom and teen daughter??
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?