My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 a contact from their finger tip. This development within
- 2 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 3 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 4 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 5 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 6 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 7 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 8 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 9 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 10 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 11 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 12 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 13 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 14 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 15 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 16 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 17 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 18 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 19 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 20 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 21 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 22 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 23 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 24 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 25 all inclusive advice
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?