My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 2 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 3 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 4 Any suggestions??
- 5 Gustavia stay
- 6 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 7 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 8 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 9 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 10 My week in Guadeloupe
- 11 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 12 Which Island?
- 13 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 14 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 15 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 16 Freeport, Bahamas
- 17 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 18 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 19 Freeport Hotel
- 20 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone
- 21 Freeport Bahamas, general advice ?
- 22 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 23 First Time in the Caribbean...advise needed!
- 24 US Citizen Traveling to Cuba Independently Via Cancun
- 25 USVI entry/exit requirements
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?