My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where's the best snorkeling in the Caribbean - 1st time visit
- 2 vacation for summer 2014
- 3 The right adults-only resort
- 4 Coral Villa and Palm Cottage on Turks and Caicos Islands
- 5 Chartering a boat for a week for vacation
- 6 Relocating to Curacao
- 7 Trip Report: Ecocamping on St. John
- 8 Seven Stars Resort
- 9 CUBA: Gifts to the Locals
- 10 San Juan Airport
- 11 Nevis--finding info on a previous resident
- 12 Best island for a villa rental
- 13 Jamaica -- Where to stay
- 14 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 15 San Pedro Ambergris Caye, Belize OR Grand Cayman
- 16 Air Conditioning Needed? - St. John in Jan
- 17 US Citizen flying to Cuba on an Irish Passport
- 18 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 19 Looking for high end first trip to Caribbean
- 20 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 21 Which country?
- 22 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 23 Which island?
- 24 Perfect Caribbean Honeymoon Search
- 25 A Volcanic Paradise