My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 5 just be careful
- 6 Restaurants in Aruba
- 7 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 11 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 shore excursions
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP