My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 토토총판하는법 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 5 days in Havana
- 3 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 4 PR or USVI
- 5 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 6 Which Caribbean island?
- 7 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 8 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 9 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 10 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 11 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 12 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 13 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 14 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 15 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 16 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 17 Scrub Island Resort
- 18 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 19 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 20 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 21 Wedding Destinations???
- 22 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 23 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 24 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 25 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?