My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 2 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 3 Solo Female Caribbean - Please Help!
- 4 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 5 Florida or caribbean
- 6 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 7 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 8 Money in Jamaica
- 9 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 10 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 11 Barbado Car rental
- 12 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 13 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 14 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 15 Death in Paradise
- 16 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 17 50+ where to dance?
- 18 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 19 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 20 dominican republic
- 21 Summer family vacation
- 22 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 23 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 24 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 25 St Martin