My sister and I are starting to brainstorm ideas for our trip next year to the Caribbean (or other island).
It looks like it will be a group of us (mid – lateish 20's). Our main goal is relaxing on a nice beach with good food (which I know is subjective) and good drinks.
We don't want to rent a car, we want a couple excursions/night life opportunities available to us (nothing too crazy – main goal is relaxing and beach) and are on somewhat of a budget.
Since we are on a budget (and may have a big group) we are likely going to opt the vacation rental route so we also want a “safe” island or area.
We've both been to Bermuda numerous times (and have done so on a budget) and I've also been to Barbados and Jamaica. I feel like Barbados would be the perfect island for what we want, but since I've already been there we are looking for other ideas as well.
There is plenty of affordable accommodation in St. Maarten, Curacao, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (although we have heard questionable things) and Tobago.
Puerto Plata (DR) is also an option since we have a family friend with a home there that we could stay at, but we are a bit skeptical for safety reasons.
Can anyone think of an island that would fit our requirements or does anyone have any suggestions? Once again, our main goal is relaxing so nightlife isn't a top requirement. We just want to go to a safe island, with beautiful beaches, and we don't want to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AOL 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 HP printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 3 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 4 1st time to Barbados
- 5 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 6 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 7 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 8 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 9 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 10 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 11 GTC
- 12 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 13 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 14 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 15 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 16 Cayman Islands travel report
- 17 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 18 Curacao times 2
- 19 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 20 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 21 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 22 Bermuda Travel Report
- 23 Cuba Help
- 24 Cuba via cruise
- 25 Aruba villa help desperate!
Loved Barbados and Bermuda...where to next for a group of 25+ somethings?