We are looking for a last-minute getaway over school spring break and are considering a trip to the islands. I have never been to the Carribean -- my husband has been once or twice. We have a child who is a true nature/animal lover and enjoy moderate hiking, exploring, and searching for wildlife. Not being big beach goers (we enjoy and hour or two here and there but would opt not to spend a day at the beach) I'm wondering if there is a destination that would work well for us. I've always been intrigued by the British VI but many of the resorts are exceptionally pricey (we don't mind paying a bit for nicer hotels but not looking to spend 600 plus a night) and not oriented towards families. Please reply with advice/suggestions. It's much appreciated.
Looking for island vacation -- need hiking & nature activities for family
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica all inclusive
- 2 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Supplement for body building purpose
- 5 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 6 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 7 Cuba Opening Up
- 8 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 9 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 10 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 11 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 12 Just back from The Somerset
- 13 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 14 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 15 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 16 Sandals Resorts
- 17 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 18 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 19 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 20 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 21 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 22 Cuba in 10 days
- 23 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 24 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 25 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?