We are looking for a last-minute getaway over school spring break and are considering a trip to the islands. I have never been to the Carribean -- my husband has been once or twice. We have a child who is a true nature/animal lover and enjoy moderate hiking, exploring, and searching for wildlife. Not being big beach goers (we enjoy and hour or two here and there but would opt not to spend a day at the beach) I'm wondering if there is a destination that would work well for us. I've always been intrigued by the British VI but many of the resorts are exceptionally pricey (we don't mind paying a bit for nicer hotels but not looking to spend 600 plus a night) and not oriented towards families. Please reply with advice/suggestions. It's much appreciated.
Looking for island vacation -- need hiking & nature activities for family
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Chef on Turks and Caicos?
- 2 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 3 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 4 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 5 Solo Female Caribbean - Please Help!
- 6 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 7 Florida or caribbean
- 8 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 9 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 10 Money in Jamaica
- 11 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 12 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 13 Barbado Car rental
- 14 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 15 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 16 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 17 Death in Paradise
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 50+ where to dance?
- 20 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 21 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 22 dominican republic
- 23 Summer family vacation
- 24 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 25 Puerto Rico Hotels