We are looking for a last-minute getaway over school spring break and are considering a trip to the islands. I have never been to the Carribean -- my husband has been once or twice. We have a child who is a true nature/animal lover and enjoy moderate hiking, exploring, and searching for wildlife. Not being big beach goers (we enjoy and hour or two here and there but would opt not to spend a day at the beach) I'm wondering if there is a destination that would work well for us. I've always been intrigued by the British VI but many of the resorts are exceptionally pricey (we don't mind paying a bit for nicer hotels but not looking to spend 600 plus a night) and not oriented towards families. Please reply with advice/suggestions. It's much appreciated.
Looking for island vacation -- need hiking & nature activities for family
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 2 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 3 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 4 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 5 Tipping at AI
- 6 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 7 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 8 Traveling Solo
- 9 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 10 A Volcanic Paradise
- 11 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 12 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 13 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 14 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 15 St. Kitts, the details
- 16 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 17 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 18 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 19 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 20 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?