We are looking for a last-minute getaway over school spring break and are considering a trip to the islands. I have never been to the Carribean -- my husband has been once or twice. We have a child who is a true nature/animal lover and enjoy moderate hiking, exploring, and searching for wildlife. Not being big beach goers (we enjoy and hour or two here and there but would opt not to spend a day at the beach) I'm wondering if there is a destination that would work well for us. I've always been intrigued by the British VI but many of the resorts are exceptionally pricey (we don't mind paying a bit for nicer hotels but not looking to spend 600 plus a night) and not oriented towards families. Please reply with advice/suggestions. It's much appreciated.
Looking for island vacation -- need hiking & nature activities for family
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cast the eyes as far you can
- 2 Honeymoon: Curacao or Barbados?
- 3 Nassau or Bermuda
- 4 Where to celebrate 40 married years!
- 5 Travel warning...mosquito fever on S t. Maarten
- 6 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 7 "The Weather is Here, I Wish It Were Beautiful" - An Anguilla Trip Report
- 8 Which Caribbean island is right for me?
- 9 best choice family luxury stay--StJ, BVI, T&C or Nevis
- 10 Is there a reliable way to predict which beaches will be calm?
- 11 Credit Card Alert
- 12 Help With Selecting The A Honeymoon Location
- 13 August Honeymoon...St. Lucia vs. Jamaica...help!
- 14 Honeymoon Location Suggestions
- 15 Coconut Bay Resort or the Landings in St. Lucia??
- 16 Moments Tobago – VRBO# 328066 – DON’T stay there!
- 17 Grace Bay Club, Regent Palms or Ritz St. Thomas
- 18 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 19 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 20 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 21 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 22 Honeymoon in Aruba, Dominican, or Jamaica late Feb 2014
- 23 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 24 Bahamas snorkeling
- 25 Punta Cana Airport Transfer