We are looking for a last-minute getaway over school spring break and are considering a trip to the islands. I have never been to the Carribean -- my husband has been once or twice. We have a child who is a true nature/animal lover and enjoy moderate hiking, exploring, and searching for wildlife. Not being big beach goers (we enjoy and hour or two here and there but would opt not to spend a day at the beach) I'm wondering if there is a destination that would work well for us. I've always been intrigued by the British VI but many of the resorts are exceptionally pricey (we don't mind paying a bit for nicer hotels but not looking to spend 600 plus a night) and not oriented towards families. Please reply with advice/suggestions. It's much appreciated.
Looking for island vacation -- need hiking & nature activities for family
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 2 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 3 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 4 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 5 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 6 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 7 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 8 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 9 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 10 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 11 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 12 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 13 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 14 Which island?
- 15 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 16 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 17 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 18 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 19 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 20 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 21 Turks and Caicos problems
- 22 Bahama Out Island/Turks /Cozumel
- 23 customs
- 24 Best Carribean Island Vacation for Non-Couples
- 25 Converting USD to EC currency