I would like to take my wife to a Caribbean trip of 7 to 10 days duration in Feb 2015. We are veteran travelers but have never been to the Caribbean. We are looking for a change from our normal Hawaii trips. Our requirements are: nice scenery (not flat), Nice 4 or 5 star hotel on a great beach, prefer adults-only if possible, can be all-inclusive but doesn't have to be, short distance (5 miles or so) to a small town that would have some good dining/nightlife options. We prefer to not eat all of our dinners at our hotel. Would like an island that is fairly easy to get to, maybe a few hours from Houston or the East coast. Our budget is in the $8,000 to $10,000 range depending on whether we can use miles for airfare. What islands and/or hotels would you recommend? I am currently overwhelmed by the many options and would like to narrow my search based on these criteria. Thanks.
Looking for high end first trip to Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 2 things to do in Nassau
- 3 Which Island?
- 4 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 5 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 6 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 7 St. John USVI
- 8 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 9 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 10 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 11 Best island for early to mid November
- 12 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 13 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 16 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 17 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 18 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 21 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 22 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 23 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 24 Cuba in 10 days
- 25 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???