I would like to take my wife to a Caribbean trip of 7 to 10 days duration in Feb 2015. We are veteran travelers but have never been to the Caribbean. We are looking for a change from our normal Hawaii trips. Our requirements are: nice scenery (not flat), Nice 4 or 5 star hotel on a great beach, prefer adults-only if possible, can be all-inclusive but doesn't have to be, short distance (5 miles or so) to a small town that would have some good dining/nightlife options. We prefer to not eat all of our dinners at our hotel. Would like an island that is fairly easy to get to, maybe a few hours from Houston or the East coast. Our budget is in the $8,000 to $10,000 range depending on whether we can use miles for airfare. What islands and/or hotels would you recommend? I am currently overwhelmed by the many options and would like to narrow my search based on these criteria. Thanks.
Looking for high end first trip to Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 2 Summer family vacation
- 3 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 4 Caribbean with grown kids
- 5 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 6 Where do we go?!?! help 50+ couple looking for 30 anniversary trip advice
- 7 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 8 Honeymoon destination?
- 9 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 10 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 11 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 12 Mid October Honeymoon
- 13 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 14 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 15 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 16 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 17 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 18 Anguilla Beaches
- 19 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 20 Cuba help!
- 21 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 22 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 23 Rent a car?
- 24 LIAT Air
- 25 Romantic Dinner - special occasion- in Bermuda