I would like to take my wife to a Caribbean trip of 7 to 10 days duration in Feb 2015. We are veteran travelers but have never been to the Caribbean. We are looking for a change from our normal Hawaii trips. Our requirements are: nice scenery (not flat), Nice 4 or 5 star hotel on a great beach, prefer adults-only if possible, can be all-inclusive but doesn't have to be, short distance (5 miles or so) to a small town that would have some good dining/nightlife options. We prefer to not eat all of our dinners at our hotel. Would like an island that is fairly easy to get to, maybe a few hours from Houston or the East coast. Our budget is in the $8,000 to $10,000 range depending on whether we can use miles for airfare. What islands and/or hotels would you recommend? I am currently overwhelmed by the many options and would like to narrow my search based on these criteria. Thanks.
Looking for high end first trip to Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 2 Money in Jamaica
- 3 Death in Paradise
- 4 Florida or caribbean
- 5 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 6 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 7 50+ where to dance?
- 8 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 9 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 10 dominican republic
- 11 Summer family vacation
- 12 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 13 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 14 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 15 St Martin
- 16 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 17 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 18 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 19 Resort villa suggestions
- 20 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 21 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 22 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 23 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 24 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 25 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?