I would like to take my wife to a Caribbean trip of 7 to 10 days duration in Feb 2015. We are veteran travelers but have never been to the Caribbean. We are looking for a change from our normal Hawaii trips. Our requirements are: nice scenery (not flat), Nice 4 or 5 star hotel on a great beach, prefer adults-only if possible, can be all-inclusive but doesn't have to be, short distance (5 miles or so) to a small town that would have some good dining/nightlife options. We prefer to not eat all of our dinners at our hotel. Would like an island that is fairly easy to get to, maybe a few hours from Houston or the East coast. Our budget is in the $8,000 to $10,000 range depending on whether we can use miles for airfare. What islands and/or hotels would you recommend? I am currently overwhelmed by the many options and would like to narrow my search based on these criteria. Thanks.
Looking for high end first trip to Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 2 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 3 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 4 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 5 The best spots in St. Kitts
- 6 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 7 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 8 St. Maartin 5 days safe and easy traveling
- 9 Barbados question where to stay
- 10 Barbados Ferry Service
- 11 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 12 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 13 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 14 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 15 Caribbean with grown kids
- 16 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 17 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 18 Driving in Aurba
- 19 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 20 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 21 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 22 Restaurant in Aruba
- 23 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 24 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 25 Providenciales Airport