I would like to take my wife to a Caribbean trip of 7 to 10 days duration in Feb 2015. We are veteran travelers but have never been to the Caribbean. We are looking for a change from our normal Hawaii trips. Our requirements are: nice scenery (not flat), Nice 4 or 5 star hotel on a great beach, prefer adults-only if possible, can be all-inclusive but doesn't have to be, short distance (5 miles or so) to a small town that would have some good dining/nightlife options. We prefer to not eat all of our dinners at our hotel. Would like an island that is fairly easy to get to, maybe a few hours from Houston or the East coast. Our budget is in the $8,000 to $10,000 range depending on whether we can use miles for airfare. What islands and/or hotels would you recommend? I am currently overwhelmed by the many options and would like to narrow my search based on these criteria. Thanks.
Looking for high end first trip to Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Supplement for body building purpose
- 2 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 3 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 4 Cuba Opening Up
- 5 Jamaica all inclusive
- 6 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 7 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 8 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 9 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 10 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 11 Just back from The Somerset
- 12 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 13 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 14 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 15 Sandals Resorts
- 16 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 17 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 18 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 19 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 20 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 21 Cuba in 10 days
- 22 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 23 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 24 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 25 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin