I would like to take my wife to a Caribbean trip of 7 to 10 days duration in Feb 2015. We are veteran travelers but have never been to the Caribbean. We are looking for a change from our normal Hawaii trips. Our requirements are: nice scenery (not flat), Nice 4 or 5 star hotel on a great beach, prefer adults-only if possible, can be all-inclusive but doesn't have to be, short distance (5 miles or so) to a small town that would have some good dining/nightlife options. We prefer to not eat all of our dinners at our hotel. Would like an island that is fairly easy to get to, maybe a few hours from Houston or the East coast. Our budget is in the $8,000 to $10,000 range depending on whether we can use miles for airfare. What islands and/or hotels would you recommend? I am currently overwhelmed by the many options and would like to narrow my search based on these criteria. Thanks.
Looking for high end first trip to Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Island for Me?
- 2 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 3 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 4 Cuba with Gate 1
- 5 Anguilla stay?
- 6 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 7 Why Barbados?
- 8 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 9 Back from San Juan
- 10 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 11 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 12 San Juan Airport
- 13 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 14 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 15 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 16 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 17 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 18 Storm ?
- 19 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 20 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 21 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 22 Kristen- where are you?????
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 25 The Color of the Water