My husband and I are looking to book another Caribbean trip in mid May. 6-8 nights, approx $5,000 budget, adults only in attendance.
So far the two of us have been to Aruba (Bucuti Resort on Eagle Beach for Honeymoon) and Barbados (The House Resort.) I have also been to Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. We like to try to combine romance, sight seeing, good food (local & high end), deep sea fishing, as well as attain as much of the culture as possible. We have been told we are unique guests at the two resorts listed above by the staff due to our willingness to rent a car and explore the entire island ourselves and go everywhere the locals go. For example, in Barbados we brought our fish that we caught back and held a beach party for the staff members that had that evening off.
With that being said, we want to find a resort that is nice and clean, we have no children so we would like a quiet location as well. Having a nice beach on site is a must, although it doesn't have to be as pristine as Aruba. We definitely want to fish and have read that Dominican Republic has excellent sport fishing in MAY. However, I am nervous about DM from the reviews I've read. I understand that DM isn't the type of area to self discover on your own as well, which would be okay if the resort and fishing is nice.
Thank you all in advance for any suggestions and education.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First trip to St. Martin
- 2 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 3 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 4 Hotel ideas needed
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 Jerk Chicken
- 8 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 9 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 10 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 11 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 12 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 13 aruba fun!!!
- 14 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 15 Peterson
- 16 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 19 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 20 Turks and caicos
- 21 Aruba weather
- 22 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 23 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 24 Turks and caicos
- 25 Cruise stop activities
Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)