I'll be staying on the island of Aruba for an university research project for several months later this year. During this time I'm looking for a cheap location to stay, ideally just a spare room or apartment. It doesn't have to be near any tourists hotspots and I'm okay with performing small household tasks to accommodate my stay. Optionally I'm more than willing to live in with a family. I'll be going a student budget so I'm not looking for luxury, but at the same time I would like to live with some degree of comfort, since I'll be extremely busy during the months of my stay. The exact dates of my stay are still unknown, but it's safe to say that it will be around late August till late October. Any suggestions are welcome!
I would also love to know whether renting a car will be crucial to my stay, since my research will most likely take me all over the island (I'll be interviewing students at schools). I've got a car license that is restricted to automatic transmission cars only, will this be a problem with renting cars? Can I get around by bike or public transportation? Being Dutch I'm somewhat of a vivid biker, so physically I'm quite up to the task, but will it be safe and practical?
I thank you in advance for your answers,
Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 2 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 3 Solo Female Caribbean - Please Help!
- 4 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 5 Florida or caribbean
- 6 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 7 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 8 Money in Jamaica
- 9 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 10 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 11 Barbado Car rental
- 12 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 13 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 14 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 15 Death in Paradise
- 16 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 17 50+ where to dance?
- 18 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 19 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 20 dominican republic
- 21 Summer family vacation
- 22 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 23 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 24 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 25 St Martin