I'll be staying on the island of Aruba for an university research project for several months later this year. During this time I'm looking for a cheap location to stay, ideally just a spare room or apartment. It doesn't have to be near any tourists hotspots and I'm okay with performing small household tasks to accommodate my stay. Optionally I'm more than willing to live in with a family. I'll be going a student budget so I'm not looking for luxury, but at the same time I would like to live with some degree of comfort, since I'll be extremely busy during the months of my stay. The exact dates of my stay are still unknown, but it's safe to say that it will be around late August till late October. Any suggestions are welcome!
I would also love to know whether renting a car will be crucial to my stay, since my research will most likely take me all over the island (I'll be interviewing students at schools). I've got a car license that is restricted to automatic transmission cars only, will this be a problem with renting cars? Can I get around by bike or public transportation? Being Dutch I'm somewhat of a vivid biker, so physically I'm quite up to the task, but will it be safe and practical?
I thank you in advance for your answers,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba Help
- 2 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 3 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 4 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 5 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 6 Living in the Caribbean
- 7 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 8 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 9 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 10 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 11 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 12 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 13 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 14 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 15 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 16 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 17 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 18 St. Croix
- 19 St Kitts & Irma
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 22 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 23 Barbados
- 24 Nassau safety
- 25 Family Vac in March
Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013