I'll be staying on the island of Aruba for an university research project for several months later this year. During this time I'm looking for a cheap location to stay, ideally just a spare room or apartment. It doesn't have to be near any tourists hotspots and I'm okay with performing small household tasks to accommodate my stay. Optionally I'm more than willing to live in with a family. I'll be going a student budget so I'm not looking for luxury, but at the same time I would like to live with some degree of comfort, since I'll be extremely busy during the months of my stay. The exact dates of my stay are still unknown, but it's safe to say that it will be around late August till late October. Any suggestions are welcome!
I would also love to know whether renting a car will be crucial to my stay, since my research will most likely take me all over the island (I'll be interviewing students at schools). I've got a car license that is restricted to automatic transmission cars only, will this be a problem with renting cars? Can I get around by bike or public transportation? Being Dutch I'm somewhat of a vivid biker, so physically I'm quite up to the task, but will it be safe and practical?
I thank you in advance for your answers,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 토토 총판 모집 [ kakao: BL45텔레그램 : kor7m]
- 2 Help with small wedding location
- 3 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 4 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
- 5 Vacation recommendations
- 6 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 7 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 8 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 9 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 10 BVI trip questions
- 11 Curaçao and girls?
- 12 Small Carribean Hotel
- 13 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 14 Punta Cana Excursions
- 15 customs questions
- 16 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 17 Nassau Bahamas
- 18 Biking in Caribbean
- 19 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 20 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 21 Help with how long on each island.
- 22 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 23 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 24 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 25 Honeymoon All Inclusive
Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013