I'll be staying on the island of Aruba for an university research project for several months later this year. During this time I'm looking for a cheap location to stay, ideally just a spare room or apartment. It doesn't have to be near any tourists hotspots and I'm okay with performing small household tasks to accommodate my stay. Optionally I'm more than willing to live in with a family. I'll be going a student budget so I'm not looking for luxury, but at the same time I would like to live with some degree of comfort, since I'll be extremely busy during the months of my stay. The exact dates of my stay are still unknown, but it's safe to say that it will be around late August till late October. Any suggestions are welcome!
I would also love to know whether renting a car will be crucial to my stay, since my research will most likely take me all over the island (I'll be interviewing students at schools). I've got a car license that is restricted to automatic transmission cars only, will this be a problem with renting cars? Can I get around by bike or public transportation? Being Dutch I'm somewhat of a vivid biker, so physically I'm quite up to the task, but will it be safe and practical?
I thank you in advance for your answers,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cottage on the beach
- 2 Island Hopping
- 3 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 4 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 5 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 6 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 7 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 8 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 9 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 10 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 13 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 14 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 15 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 16 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 17 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 18 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 19 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 20 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 21 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 22 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 23 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 24 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 25 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013