My girlfriend and I have been researching some resorts for our 3rd trip down south to the Caribbean. We have been twice now, to Cuba and DR, and usually have travelled alone
This year, we are bringing 2 of my single friends.
We are somewhat picky, and don't want to go back to Cuba or DR, want to try something new.
We have been looking at St Lucia and Antigua, and possibly Jamaica.
Here is what we want the resort to have and maybe you guys might have some suggestions for us :
- Nice beach and water
- Swim-up bar is a must
- On-site bars that are open until at least 1am and preferably once that are outdoors (don't want to be forced to be in the disco every night)
- Good Food/restaurant options
- A resort that offers some excursions - snorkelling, sight seeing etc.
- a resort that isn't flooded with families and little kids
We are currently looking at:
Coconut Bay Resort and Spa - st lucia
Smugglers cove Resort - St lucia
Coconut bay seems pretty good, but the beach looks kind of crappy and have read many reviews stating its not great for swimming
With so many options in Jamaica, we don't even know where to start.
Any help/suggestions/experiences would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First Caribbean Destination
- 2 Royalton Resorts
- 3 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 4 Nassau Bahamas
- 5 Punta Cana Excursions
- 6 Paradise island in Bahama
- 7 Vacation recommendations
- 8 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 9 Help with small wedding location
- 10 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 11 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
- 12 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 13 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 14 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 15 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 16 BVI trip questions
- 17 Curaçao and girls?
- 18 Small Carribean Hotel
- 19 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 20 customs questions
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 Biking in Caribbean
- 23 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 24 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 25 Help with how long on each island.