My girlfriend and I have been researching some resorts for our 3rd trip down south to the Caribbean. We have been twice now, to Cuba and DR, and usually have travelled alone
This year, we are bringing 2 of my single friends.
We are somewhat picky, and don't want to go back to Cuba or DR, want to try something new.
We have been looking at St Lucia and Antigua, and possibly Jamaica.
Here is what we want the resort to have and maybe you guys might have some suggestions for us :
- Nice beach and water
- Swim-up bar is a must
- On-site bars that are open until at least 1am and preferably once that are outdoors (don't want to be forced to be in the disco every night)
- Good Food/restaurant options
- A resort that offers some excursions - snorkelling, sight seeing etc.
- a resort that isn't flooded with families and little kids
We are currently looking at:
Coconut Bay Resort and Spa - st lucia
Smugglers cove Resort - St lucia
Coconut bay seems pretty good, but the beach looks kind of crappy and have read many reviews stating its not great for swimming
With so many options in Jamaica, we don't even know where to start.
Any help/suggestions/experiences would be greatly appreciated
Looking for a good resort for a Group of friends
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica
- 2 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 5 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 6 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 7 Why Barbados?
- 8 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 9 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 10 Cuba Opening Up
- 11 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 12 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 13 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 14 Just back from The Somerset
- 15 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 16 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 17 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 18 Sandals Resorts
- 19 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 20 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 21 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 22 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 23 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 24 Cuba in 10 days
- 25 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions