My girlfriend and I have been researching some resorts for our 3rd trip down south to the Caribbean. We have been twice now, to Cuba and DR, and usually have travelled alone
This year, we are bringing 2 of my single friends.
We are somewhat picky, and don't want to go back to Cuba or DR, want to try something new.
We have been looking at St Lucia and Antigua, and possibly Jamaica.
Here is what we want the resort to have and maybe you guys might have some suggestions for us :
- Nice beach and water
- Swim-up bar is a must
- On-site bars that are open until at least 1am and preferably once that are outdoors (don't want to be forced to be in the disco every night)
- Good Food/restaurant options
- A resort that offers some excursions - snorkelling, sight seeing etc.
- a resort that isn't flooded with families and little kids
We are currently looking at:
Coconut Bay Resort and Spa - st lucia
Smugglers cove Resort - St lucia
Coconut bay seems pretty good, but the beach looks kind of crappy and have read many reviews stating its not great for swimming
With so many options in Jamaica, we don't even know where to start.
Any help/suggestions/experiences would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Birthday Celebration
- 2 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 3 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 4 Cuba in November
- 5 DR - All inclusive
- 6 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 7 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 8 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 9 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 10 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 11 Late May Trip
- 12 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 13 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Cheers to Beers!
- 16 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 17 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 18 New Years Eve / St John
- 19 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 20 Island Choice
- 21 Aruba Car Rental
- 22 If we loved Cayman...
- 23 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 24 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 25 For the bluest water and whitest sand?