My girlfriend and I have been researching some resorts for our 3rd trip down south to the Caribbean. We have been twice now, to Cuba and DR, and usually have travelled alone
This year, we are bringing 2 of my single friends.
We are somewhat picky, and don't want to go back to Cuba or DR, want to try something new.
We have been looking at St Lucia and Antigua, and possibly Jamaica.
Here is what we want the resort to have and maybe you guys might have some suggestions for us :
- Nice beach and water
- Swim-up bar is a must
- On-site bars that are open until at least 1am and preferably once that are outdoors (don't want to be forced to be in the disco every night)
- Good Food/restaurant options
- A resort that offers some excursions - snorkelling, sight seeing etc.
- a resort that isn't flooded with families and little kids
We are currently looking at:
Coconut Bay Resort and Spa - st lucia
Smugglers cove Resort - St lucia
Coconut bay seems pretty good, but the beach looks kind of crappy and have read many reviews stating its not great for swimming
With so many options in Jamaica, we don't even know where to start.
Any help/suggestions/experiences would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Help!!
- 2 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 Bermuda
- 7 Restaurant Suggestions
- 8 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 9 Aruba weather
- 10 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 11 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 12 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 13 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 14 Taxi info. Self touring
- 15 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 16 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 17 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 18 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 19 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 22 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 23 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 24 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 25 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel