My family and I will be relocating to Cuba for a long term stay in early 2008. We have legal license via US Treasury Dept - Office of Foreign Asset Control to do work that is directly related to our charter. So, we are hoping that on the US side this curtails all legal issues and restrictions. Though we are still checking into it.
If anyone has any information regarding long term stays in Cuba by American's with legal license from the US government I would appreciate it.
At the same time though, we need to find out if we can lease/rent a private apartment/house/condo whatever and if there is a good place to start looking.
We are going to be taking another trip, our third, in a few days and will be speaking with our Cuban friends about places to stay, but we want to make sure we are doing things legally by US standards and by Cuban standards.
We are allowed to live with a Cuban family, however we'd prefer to stay in a private residence. I've heard of foreign journalists having their own apartments and things like this, so I'm assuming it is somewhat common.
We will be based in Havana - and would prefer locations nearer to Marianoa. However, we realize this is not a tourist area and are not sure what is available. If needed, we are prepared to stay somewhere like Vedado, Miramar, Siboney, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you and are excited about the information! Thanks!
Long Term Relocation to Cuba...
- 1 Where to go??
- 2 Staying in Aruba for 1 week in December
- 3 where to travel for 50th birthday with family?
- 4 Sightseeing and Lounging Islands
- 5 Curacao vs Puerto Rico
- 6 Sea Castle Villa Renters Beware!!
- 7 Do restaurants in Bermuda allow corkage/BYO
- 8 puerto rico cruise
- 9 Photos from Havana and Vinales May 2013
- 10 Help choosing an all inclusive resort!
- 11 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 12 Active island stay for November solo trip?
- 13 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 14 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 15 Best Quaint All Inclusive Resort
- 16 Kid-Friendly All-Inclusives in Caribbean or Cancun
- 17 Recent St. Martin travelers
- 18 Resort near a town?
- 19 Which hotel should we stay at in Aruba?
- 20 Puerto Rico - too much? a.k.a will I be like a coqui hopping all over?
- 21 Freeport to Abaco, how do you do it?
- 22 Ziplines near Rincon/West Coast of Puerto Rico NOT part of a tour
- 23 Mustique -- not so great
- 24 Best weather in Anguilla?
- 25 25 yr anniversary