My family and I will be relocating to Cuba for a long term stay in early 2008. We have legal license via US Treasury Dept - Office of Foreign Asset Control to do work that is directly related to our charter. So, we are hoping that on the US side this curtails all legal issues and restrictions. Though we are still checking into it.
If anyone has any information regarding long term stays in Cuba by American's with legal license from the US government I would appreciate it.
At the same time though, we need to find out if we can lease/rent a private apartment/house/condo whatever and if there is a good place to start looking.
We are going to be taking another trip, our third, in a few days and will be speaking with our Cuban friends about places to stay, but we want to make sure we are doing things legally by US standards and by Cuban standards.
We are allowed to live with a Cuban family, however we'd prefer to stay in a private residence. I've heard of foreign journalists having their own apartments and things like this, so I'm assuming it is somewhat common.
We will be based in Havana - and would prefer locations nearer to Marianoa. However, we realize this is not a tourist area and are not sure what is available. If needed, we are prepared to stay somewhere like Vedado, Miramar, Siboney, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you and are excited about the information! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Grenada
- 2 Resorts that offer private homes/villa
- 3 Destination Wedding- affordable
- 4 First trip trip Puerto Rico
- 5 aruba planning advice
- 6 New Years Eve / St John
- 7 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 8 Looking for island choice help
- 9 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 10 US Cash in Cuba
- 11 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 12 Need Help picking the right WARM Caribbean Vacation
- 13 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 14 Peterson
- 15 HELP! First-time vacationer to Caribbean in need expertise
- 16 Help with post tour stay Cuba
- 17 St. Croix or St. Thomas
- 18 So very lost trying to plan..please help
- 19 Timothy Beach or Oualie Beach? St.Kitts vs. Nevis
- 20 September Anniversary Trip to Turks & Caicos
- 21 Turning 40 in the Caribbean
- 22 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 23 Dream 50th Anniversary
- 24 Westin or Marriott in Grand Cayman?
- 25 Casa Particular in Trinidad