My family and I will be relocating to Cuba for a long term stay in early 2008. We have legal license via US Treasury Dept - Office of Foreign Asset Control to do work that is directly related to our charter. So, we are hoping that on the US side this curtails all legal issues and restrictions. Though we are still checking into it.
If anyone has any information regarding long term stays in Cuba by American's with legal license from the US government I would appreciate it.
At the same time though, we need to find out if we can lease/rent a private apartment/house/condo whatever and if there is a good place to start looking.
We are going to be taking another trip, our third, in a few days and will be speaking with our Cuban friends about places to stay, but we want to make sure we are doing things legally by US standards and by Cuban standards.
We are allowed to live with a Cuban family, however we'd prefer to stay in a private residence. I've heard of foreign journalists having their own apartments and things like this, so I'm assuming it is somewhat common.
We will be based in Havana - and would prefer locations nearer to Marianoa. However, we realize this is not a tourist area and are not sure what is available. If needed, we are prepared to stay somewhere like Vedado, Miramar, Siboney, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you and are excited about the information! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Junkanoo Champagne vs Goomba Champagne - what's the difference?
- 2 Jamaica with two 23 yr old young men
- 3 Cuba
- 4 My New Life !
- 5 Accomodation and transport in Eleuthera, Bahamas
- 6 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 7 Jamaica
- 8 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 9 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 10 Help me to pick an island
- 11 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 12 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 13 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 14 When to go to El Yunque
- 15 Honeymoon Advice
- 16 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 17 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 18 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 19 Conference in Cuba in February
- 20 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 21 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 22 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 23 Small boat excursion
- 24 Overwhelmed....
- 25 Can you tell me where?