My family and I will be relocating to Cuba for a long term stay in early 2008. We have legal license via US Treasury Dept - Office of Foreign Asset Control to do work that is directly related to our charter. So, we are hoping that on the US side this curtails all legal issues and restrictions. Though we are still checking into it.
If anyone has any information regarding long term stays in Cuba by American's with legal license from the US government I would appreciate it.
At the same time though, we need to find out if we can lease/rent a private apartment/house/condo whatever and if there is a good place to start looking.
We are going to be taking another trip, our third, in a few days and will be speaking with our Cuban friends about places to stay, but we want to make sure we are doing things legally by US standards and by Cuban standards.
We are allowed to live with a Cuban family, however we'd prefer to stay in a private residence. I've heard of foreign journalists having their own apartments and things like this, so I'm assuming it is somewhat common.
We will be based in Havana - and would prefer locations nearer to Marianoa. However, we realize this is not a tourist area and are not sure what is available. If needed, we are prepared to stay somewhere like Vedado, Miramar, Siboney, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you and are excited about the information! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 2 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 3 Bahamas help
- 4 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 5 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 6 Vacation suggestion, please
- 7 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 8 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 9 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 10 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 11 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 12 New Destination
- 13 aruba planning advice
- 14 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 15 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 16 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 17 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 18 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 19 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 20 Barbados Beaches
- 21 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 22 Peterson
- 23 Cuba weather in March
- 24 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 25 Woman, alone, islandhopping