My family and I will be relocating to Cuba for a long term stay in early 2008. We have legal license via US Treasury Dept - Office of Foreign Asset Control to do work that is directly related to our charter. So, we are hoping that on the US side this curtails all legal issues and restrictions. Though we are still checking into it.
If anyone has any information regarding long term stays in Cuba by American's with legal license from the US government I would appreciate it.
At the same time though, we need to find out if we can lease/rent a private apartment/house/condo whatever and if there is a good place to start looking.
We are going to be taking another trip, our third, in a few days and will be speaking with our Cuban friends about places to stay, but we want to make sure we are doing things legally by US standards and by Cuban standards.
We are allowed to live with a Cuban family, however we'd prefer to stay in a private residence. I've heard of foreign journalists having their own apartments and things like this, so I'm assuming it is somewhat common.
We will be based in Havana - and would prefer locations nearer to Marianoa. However, we realize this is not a tourist area and are not sure what is available. If needed, we are prepared to stay somewhere like Vedado, Miramar, Siboney, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you and are excited about the information! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 2 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 3 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 4 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 5 Island advice plz!
- 6 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 7 Cubarinking water?
- 8 First time to PR
- 9 St. John Trip Report
- 10 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 11 Cuba
- 12 Scrub Island Resort
- 13 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 14 St Kitts' Bakery
- 15 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 16 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
- 17 Coral Sands, Exuma
- 18 St. Thomas- place to stay, rental car & night cruise suggestions
- 19 Best Luxury Caribbean Resort
- 20 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 21 July Adventure
- 22 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 23 Help me plan the right island(s)!
- 24 Family vacation for divers
- 25 Sandals Resort Lovers Tell All