My family and I will be relocating to Cuba for a long term stay in early 2008. We have legal license via US Treasury Dept - Office of Foreign Asset Control to do work that is directly related to our charter. So, we are hoping that on the US side this curtails all legal issues and restrictions. Though we are still checking into it.
If anyone has any information regarding long term stays in Cuba by American's with legal license from the US government I would appreciate it.
At the same time though, we need to find out if we can lease/rent a private apartment/house/condo whatever and if there is a good place to start looking.
We are going to be taking another trip, our third, in a few days and will be speaking with our Cuban friends about places to stay, but we want to make sure we are doing things legally by US standards and by Cuban standards.
We are allowed to live with a Cuban family, however we'd prefer to stay in a private residence. I've heard of foreign journalists having their own apartments and things like this, so I'm assuming it is somewhat common.
We will be based in Havana - and would prefer locations nearer to Marianoa. However, we realize this is not a tourist area and are not sure what is available. If needed, we are prepared to stay somewhere like Vedado, Miramar, Siboney, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you and are excited about the information! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 2 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 3 Tortola Where to stay on a Budget?!
- 4 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 5 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 6 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 7 Looking for destination suggestions
- 8 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 9 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 10 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 11 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 12 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 13 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 14 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 15 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 16 Any suggestions??
- 17 Gustavia stay
- 18 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 19 My week in Guadeloupe
- 20 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 21 Which Island?
- 22 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 23 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 24 Freeport, Bahamas
- 25 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)