I am looking for an all-inclusive resort where I can celebrate my 40th birthday with my husband and friends. I’ve been reading these forums for weeks, trying to find the best place, but honestly I am having a hard time finding the right location!
Features that I am looking for:
• Adults only all-inclusive.
• Beach with soft sand and gentle waters.
• Ability to walk off the resort for activities, bars, etc.
• Good food and service at the resort.
• Swim-up bar.
• Good nightlife. My friends are drinkers and like to stay out late. We are not dance club people, we love rock music and enjoy seeing live bands and just hanging out at bars with people. A piano bar would also be great for us.
We can spend up to $500 per night per couple.
I originally wanted to do Negril because it has most of the elements I am looking for. The CSA resort looks great (I believe my group would be all couples). But I have read that CSA can be very quiet and has a more romantic vibe (let me know if this is not correct). I love the feel of Negril - 7 mile beach, low rise buildings, the lush terrain of Jamaica - but I am not seeing a suitable AI in Negril.
I know that Playa Del Carmen may be a good fit, but I’ve been there many times and was hoping to try someplace new. However, I would consider it if we are not able to find anywhere else.
I've been to Aruba and am not interested in returning, so please count that out.
Any other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Trouble booking hotels!
- 4 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 5 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 6 Airport transfer PUJ
- 7 Bahama's outer island
- 8 Restaurant Recommendations
- 9 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 10 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 11 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 12 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 13 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 14 40 min layover in CLT
- 15 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 16 Atlantis 1 day
- 17 Atlantis on a budget
- 18 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 19 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 20 St. Barts
- 21 Buses in Aruba
- 22 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 23 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 24 Stingray City Tour
- 25 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April