I am looking for an all-inclusive resort where I can celebrate my 40th birthday with my husband and friends. I’ve been reading these forums for weeks, trying to find the best place, but honestly I am having a hard time finding the right location!
Features that I am looking for:
• Adults only all-inclusive.
• Beach with soft sand and gentle waters.
• Ability to walk off the resort for activities, bars, etc.
• Good food and service at the resort.
• Swim-up bar.
• Good nightlife. My friends are drinkers and like to stay out late. We are not dance club people, we love rock music and enjoy seeing live bands and just hanging out at bars with people. A piano bar would also be great for us.
We can spend up to $500 per night per couple.
I originally wanted to do Negril because it has most of the elements I am looking for. The CSA resort looks great (I believe my group would be all couples). But I have read that CSA can be very quiet and has a more romantic vibe (let me know if this is not correct). I love the feel of Negril - 7 mile beach, low rise buildings, the lush terrain of Jamaica - but I am not seeing a suitable AI in Negril.
I know that Playa Del Carmen may be a good fit, but I’ve been there many times and was hoping to try someplace new. However, I would consider it if we are not able to find anywhere else.
I've been to Aruba and am not interested in returning, so please count that out.
Any other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 2 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 3 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 4 Family of 5 undecided island
- 5 Christmas 2017
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 Honeymoon Help!!
- 8 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 9 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 10 All inclusive
- 11 BVI trip questions
- 12 DR vs. Mexico
- 13 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 14 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 15 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 16 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 17 family resort ideas?
- 18 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 19 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 20 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 21 First time to Puerto Rico
- 22 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 23 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 24 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 25 Cuba with preschooler in April