I'd like to visit St. John, St. Marteen, St Croix, Antigua, Anguilla, Barbuda and a few more islands to see what's out there. I would live in the Caribbean half the time and Florida the other half. I'm about 2 or 3 years away from making the move, but want to get a head start so I know where I want to settle when the time comes. I wanted to get a feel from a few people that have already done what I'm about to do. I'm looking for a safe island with great views of other islands in the area that would also be close enough to visit by boat and not have to take a plane to get there. I'm also wondering if there are some other lesser known little islands out there. The night life isn't that important, but going to see a show at a casino and maybe some live music every now and then would be nice. Anyone out there been through what I'm about to explore? Thanks for any input.
Living in the Caribbean part-time
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 3 Best island for a villa rental
- 4 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 5 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 6 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 7 Which Island?
- 8 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 9 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 10 Punta Cana?
- 11 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 12 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 13 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 14 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 15 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 16 Advice needed
- 17 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 18 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 19 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 20 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 21 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 22 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 23 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 24 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 25 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?