Our last week of our month long stay was on Maho Bay, St Martin. We stayed at the Royal Islander La Plage. It was a real treat to have a large resort with a nice big pool with a balcony looking out over the ocean. By this time I was ready for some interaction. The planes landed over our beach. It was great fun watching them come in so low. The Sunset Bar was nearby so we could listen to the music. We ate at Cheri's the first night & had a good meal. The resort gave us a voucher for $10 at the casino each night which we had fun playing. We had a car so we explored the island from one end to the other, stopping at beaches along the way. Marigot was a fun place with open air markets. They had a great bakery called Sarafinas or something close. Great sandwiches & desserts. Grand Case was an interesting place with lots of lolos. We ate at Talk of the Town & had a good meal that was inexpensive. Phillipsburg was a bustling place with a big malecon with restaurants, shops & fun things going on. We did our souvenir shopping at Rima's. Great inexpensive place to shop. We had scheduled a snorkeling trip to Creole Rock but one of the people we were traveling with ended up with a medical emergency so our trip was cancelled. I thought St Martin was a festive place. The French side is quite pricey. We didn't find the people friendly there for it being the Friendly island.
Last week in St Martin
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 2 Wedding Help!
- 3 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 4 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 5 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 month stay on a caribbean island
- 10 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 11 Where to stay on Vieques
- 12 Ferry to Rum Point
- 13 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 14 Family with infants/toddlers
- 15 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 16 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 17 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 18 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 19 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 20 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 23 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 24 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 25 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?