Our last week of our month long stay was on Maho Bay, St Martin. We stayed at the Royal Islander La Plage. It was a real treat to have a large resort with a nice big pool with a balcony looking out over the ocean. By this time I was ready for some interaction. The planes landed over our beach. It was great fun watching them come in so low. The Sunset Bar was nearby so we could listen to the music. We ate at Cheri's the first night & had a good meal. The resort gave us a voucher for $10 at the casino each night which we had fun playing. We had a car so we explored the island from one end to the other, stopping at beaches along the way. Marigot was a fun place with open air markets. They had a great bakery called Sarafinas or something close. Great sandwiches & desserts. Grand Case was an interesting place with lots of lolos. We ate at Talk of the Town & had a good meal that was inexpensive. Phillipsburg was a bustling place with a big malecon with restaurants, shops & fun things going on. We did our souvenir shopping at Rima's. Great inexpensive place to shop. We had scheduled a snorkeling trip to Creole Rock but one of the people we were traveling with ended up with a medical emergency so our trip was cancelled. I thought St Martin was a festive place. The French side is quite pricey. We didn't find the people friendly there for it being the Friendly island.
Last week in St Martin
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Croix and sea grass
- 2 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES