Our last week of our month long stay was on Maho Bay, St Martin. We stayed at the Royal Islander La Plage. It was a real treat to have a large resort with a nice big pool with a balcony looking out over the ocean. By this time I was ready for some interaction. The planes landed over our beach. It was great fun watching them come in so low. The Sunset Bar was nearby so we could listen to the music. We ate at Cheri's the first night & had a good meal. The resort gave us a voucher for $10 at the casino each night which we had fun playing. We had a car so we explored the island from one end to the other, stopping at beaches along the way. Marigot was a fun place with open air markets. They had a great bakery called Sarafinas or something close. Great sandwiches & desserts. Grand Case was an interesting place with lots of lolos. We ate at Talk of the Town & had a good meal that was inexpensive. Phillipsburg was a bustling place with a big malecon with restaurants, shops & fun things going on. We did our souvenir shopping at Rima's. Great inexpensive place to shop. We had scheduled a snorkeling trip to Creole Rock but one of the people we were traveling with ended up with a medical emergency so our trip was cancelled. I thought St Martin was a festive place. The French side is quite pricey. We didn't find the people friendly there for it being the Friendly island.
Last week in St Martin
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 4 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 5 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 6 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 7 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 8 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 9 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 10 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 11 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 12 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 13 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 14 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 15 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 18 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 19 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 20 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 21 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 22 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 23 Which island?
- 24 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 25 A week in TCI, and some questions