Our last week of our month long stay was on Maho Bay, St Martin. We stayed at the Royal Islander La Plage. It was a real treat to have a large resort with a nice big pool with a balcony looking out over the ocean. By this time I was ready for some interaction. The planes landed over our beach. It was great fun watching them come in so low. The Sunset Bar was nearby so we could listen to the music. We ate at Cheri's the first night & had a good meal. The resort gave us a voucher for $10 at the casino each night which we had fun playing. We had a car so we explored the island from one end to the other, stopping at beaches along the way. Marigot was a fun place with open air markets. They had a great bakery called Sarafinas or something close. Great sandwiches & desserts. Grand Case was an interesting place with lots of lolos. We ate at Talk of the Town & had a good meal that was inexpensive. Phillipsburg was a bustling place with a big malecon with restaurants, shops & fun things going on. We did our souvenir shopping at Rima's. Great inexpensive place to shop. We had scheduled a snorkeling trip to Creole Rock but one of the people we were traveling with ended up with a medical emergency so our trip was cancelled. I thought St Martin was a festive place. The French side is quite pricey. We didn't find the people friendly there for it being the Friendly island.
Last week in St Martin
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 2 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 3 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 4 BEST RESORTS FOR SINGLES EARLY-MID 20s
- 5 Dominican Republic villa rental
- 6 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 7 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 8 Turks & Caicos
- 9 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 10 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 11 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 12 Long Island Bahanas
- 13 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 14 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 15 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 16 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 17 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 18 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 19 Punta Cana excursions
- 20 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 21 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 22 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 23 Aruba suggestions
- 24 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 25 Nassau