Our last week of our month long stay was on Maho Bay, St Martin. We stayed at the Royal Islander La Plage. It was a real treat to have a large resort with a nice big pool with a balcony looking out over the ocean. By this time I was ready for some interaction. The planes landed over our beach. It was great fun watching them come in so low. The Sunset Bar was nearby so we could listen to the music. We ate at Cheri's the first night & had a good meal. The resort gave us a voucher for $10 at the casino each night which we had fun playing. We had a car so we explored the island from one end to the other, stopping at beaches along the way. Marigot was a fun place with open air markets. They had a great bakery called Sarafinas or something close. Great sandwiches & desserts. Grand Case was an interesting place with lots of lolos. We ate at Talk of the Town & had a good meal that was inexpensive. Phillipsburg was a bustling place with a big malecon with restaurants, shops & fun things going on. We did our souvenir shopping at Rima's. Great inexpensive place to shop. We had scheduled a snorkeling trip to Creole Rock but one of the people we were traveling with ended up with a medical emergency so our trip was cancelled. I thought St Martin was a festive place. The French side is quite pricey. We didn't find the people friendly there for it being the Friendly island.
Last week in St Martin
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Overwhelmed
- 2 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 3 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 4 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 5 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 6 Jamaica help!
- 7 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 8 2 weeks in cuba
- 9 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 10 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 11 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 12 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 13 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 14 Jamaica
- 15 Jamaica all inclusive
- 16 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 17 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 18 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 19 Cuba Opening Up
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 21 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 22 Why Barbados?
- 23 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 24 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 25 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)