Would appreciate any advice--would like to book a last minute vacation for mid-August, a week in the Caribbean for myself, my husband and kids age 2 and 5. Went to an all-inclusive last year in the Maya Riviera and it was perfect because so easy and relaxing but we also rented a car to allow us to explore the ruins and the local towns. We would like to have a little sense of what is unique beyond the resort and a little adventure--hiking, birding etc--beyond a beautiful beach. Any recommendations? Is the DR similar to Maya Riviera in that way? Would Belize or Panama be better or is it just too much with little kids. Thanks in advance!
last minute caribbean with kids
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 4 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 5 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 8 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 9 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 10 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 11 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 12 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 13 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 14 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 15 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 16 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 17 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 18 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 19 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 20 Beaches Turks question
- 21 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 22 Curacao - where to stay
- 23 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 24 May Honeymoon
- 25 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada