I was very fortunate to have been able to go to Raffles Canouan for my 40th birthday for 4 days. It really is a wonderful place. It is great for relaxation, pampering and delicious cuisine. We stayed in an Orchestra suite, very spacious and well equipped. I got to see the standard rooms and they are very nice as well. You really don’t need a suite unless you really want the extra space. There are two beaches, one is close to the main restaurant and pool, and the other is just over the hill. It was very windy so we couldn’t snorkel but the bottom is very sandy. You won’t have to get up to get a towel or a drink because they are very staffed up. There are 4 restaurants, La Piazza (Italian), Jambu’s (Asian), Godahl (beach fare) and La Varenne (Fancy). It’s a physically large resort so you do need the golf cart to get around. I also went to the spa which was terrific – private cabana rooms overlooking the water. I had a massage and pedicure – very relaxing. I don’t play golf but I hear that the golf course is “challenging”. There is not much else to see on Canouan – it’s a very small island so plenty of time to relax and recharge. If you have any questions, let me know.
Just back from Raffles
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 2 walkable hotels
- 3 Island Hopping Honeymoon!!
- 4 St. John USVI
- 5 Turks Caicos grace bay vs Long Bay or chalk sound?
- 6 The right adults-only resort
- 7 Jamaica to Other Island
- 8 Viceroy Sugar Beach or Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- 9 Vespa Rental - Turks
- 10 Help on picking a adult only all inclusive resort
- 11 swim up rooms
- 12 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 13 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 14 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 15 Anyone else been to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas?
- 16 Which Island?
- 17 Carribean vacation with infant
- 18 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 19 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 things to do in Nassau
- 22 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 25 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados