I was very fortunate to have been able to go to Raffles Canouan for my 40th birthday for 4 days. It really is a wonderful place. It is great for relaxation, pampering and delicious cuisine. We stayed in an Orchestra suite, very spacious and well equipped. I got to see the standard rooms and they are very nice as well. You really don’t need a suite unless you really want the extra space. There are two beaches, one is close to the main restaurant and pool, and the other is just over the hill. It was very windy so we couldn’t snorkel but the bottom is very sandy. You won’t have to get up to get a towel or a drink because they are very staffed up. There are 4 restaurants, La Piazza (Italian), Jambu’s (Asian), Godahl (beach fare) and La Varenne (Fancy). It’s a physically large resort so you do need the golf cart to get around. I also went to the spa which was terrific – private cabana rooms overlooking the water. I had a massage and pedicure – very relaxing. I don’t play golf but I hear that the golf course is “challenging”. There is not much else to see on Canouan – it’s a very small island so plenty of time to relax and recharge. If you have any questions, let me know.
Just back from Raffles
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 2 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 3 Cuba by car
- 4 multiple family beach vacation
- 5 Anguilla Beaches
- 6 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 7 Need a new vacation spot!
- 8 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 9 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 10 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 11 Mid October Honeymoon
- 12 Summer family vacation
- 13 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 14 Caribbean with grown kids
- 15 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 16 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 17 Honeymoon destination?
- 18 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 19 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 20 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 21 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 22 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 23 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 24 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 25 Cuba help!