I was very fortunate to have been able to go to Raffles Canouan for my 40th birthday for 4 days. It really is a wonderful place. It is great for relaxation, pampering and delicious cuisine. We stayed in an Orchestra suite, very spacious and well equipped. I got to see the standard rooms and they are very nice as well. You really don’t need a suite unless you really want the extra space. There are two beaches, one is close to the main restaurant and pool, and the other is just over the hill. It was very windy so we couldn’t snorkel but the bottom is very sandy. You won’t have to get up to get a towel or a drink because they are very staffed up. There are 4 restaurants, La Piazza (Italian), Jambu’s (Asian), Godahl (beach fare) and La Varenne (Fancy). It’s a physically large resort so you do need the golf cart to get around. I also went to the spa which was terrific – private cabana rooms overlooking the water. I had a massage and pedicure – very relaxing. I don’t play golf but I hear that the golf course is “challenging”. There is not much else to see on Canouan – it’s a very small island so plenty of time to relax and recharge. If you have any questions, let me know.
Just back from Raffles
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 3 Traveling Solo
- 4 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 5 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 6 A Volcanic Paradise
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 11 St. Kitts, the details
- 12 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 13 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 14 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 15 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 16 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 17 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 18 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 19 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 20 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 21 8 TUFF MILES
- 22 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 23 1 week in San Juan
- 24 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 25 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro