I was very fortunate to have been able to go to Raffles Canouan for my 40th birthday for 4 days. It really is a wonderful place. It is great for relaxation, pampering and delicious cuisine. We stayed in an Orchestra suite, very spacious and well equipped. I got to see the standard rooms and they are very nice as well. You really don’t need a suite unless you really want the extra space. There are two beaches, one is close to the main restaurant and pool, and the other is just over the hill. It was very windy so we couldn’t snorkel but the bottom is very sandy. You won’t have to get up to get a towel or a drink because they are very staffed up. There are 4 restaurants, La Piazza (Italian), Jambu’s (Asian), Godahl (beach fare) and La Varenne (Fancy). It’s a physically large resort so you do need the golf cart to get around. I also went to the spa which was terrific – private cabana rooms overlooking the water. I had a massage and pedicure – very relaxing. I don’t play golf but I hear that the golf course is “challenging”. There is not much else to see on Canouan – it’s a very small island so plenty of time to relax and recharge. If you have any questions, let me know.
Just back from Raffles
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 not tell a litigation a which basically ch
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic