We just returned from a dive trip to Dominica. There is such wealth of info-lol- about Dominica I thought I'd write a few words. Took 2 days to get there from Chicago- had to overnight in San Juan. Then a prop to the island. Nice green hills to fly over on approach. Then a 1.5 hour ride to Roseau where we stayed at Castle Comfort Dive Lodge. The ride was nice- through mountainous roads kissing the clouds, past green hills, banana fields, small towns and villages. Beautiful plants and flowers were everywhere. Then a view of the Caribbean Sea as you approach Roseau- where it is much warmer than in the mountains. Narrow, crowded streets are the norm here, with Dominicans filling the air with the sounds of their particular patois. If you listen closely you can hear some pure French. Castle comfort was a delight. We were treated royally. Very nice staff, excellent food for breakfast and dinner. I mentioned that I was on the lookout for some good callaloo and voila! - they prepared it 2 nights out of the 10 we were there. The diving was great- some of the healthiest coral we have ever seen. The conditions were right, so one time we were taken to a site called Des Fous-surge and current but a blast. The day trips on the island are nice- we went to Titou Gorge and Tralalger Falls. Took a bus to Scott's Head, where I snorkeled and we climbed to the top of the hill there. The USD = 2.67 Eastern Caribbean dollars so it was economical- much more than the Cayman Islands. It is a poor country with undeveloped areas but the people are really friendly. The water is fine to drink, the buses cost 1-3 ECD, you can buy alot of spices there. It is a World Heritage site and there is a team of Peace Corps workers there.
Just passing along some info because it was really hard for us to find any here on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 안전한 토토 ≪접속주소 : mat13.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 3 1st time to Barbados
- 4 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 5 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 6 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 7 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 8 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 GTC
- 11 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 12 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 13 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 14 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 15 Cayman Islands travel report
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Curacao times 2
- 18 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 19 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 20 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 21 Bermuda Travel Report
- 22 Cuba Help
- 23 Cuba via cruise
- 24 Aruba villa help desperate!
- 25 BVI: Comparable Islands?