Just back from Varadero. My husband, daughter, son-in-law , a couple friend of theirs and myself. We stayed at the Paradisus Varadero and eventhough it's only been operating since last October; there is'nt anything negative about it! There are still minor little things they are trying to iron out, like over booking at the restaurants ect...very minor things....they are very friendly and most curtious. Ask and you will receive! The rooms are elegant and very spacious. The food is very good. Lobster, shrimps, steaks, pork chops, fries and fresh-made pasta with different sauces... really, I do'nt know how they'll be able to keep up; all this along with all the drinks (by the way the wine they serve is super. It's from Spain). Also they have these tea tents all over the grounds where they serve or you serve yourself tea, coffee, baked goods, cheese-cake and champagne!!! If that is your destination just remember to bring some moskito repellent. They are sneaky. You tend not to feel the bite until after the fact. Also if you want to curl your hair, do bring an appliance that runs on a battery, like a brauns. You need an adapter for the electricity but even then they did'nt work!!!go figure. Also if you like music at the poolside or on the beach, then bring a compact-disc or it's equivalent. That's about it. Just remember they are new and are trying very hard to please so be patient, understanding and kind. Have a great holiday and enjoy...as they say when in Rome...go with the flow...Louise.
JUST BACK -- MISSING CUBA A WHOLE LOT!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?