Just back from Varadero. My husband, daughter, son-in-law , a couple friend of theirs and myself. We stayed at the Paradisus Varadero and eventhough it's only been operating since last October; there is'nt anything negative about it! There are still minor little things they are trying to iron out, like over booking at the restaurants ect...very minor things....they are very friendly and most curtious. Ask and you will receive! The rooms are elegant and very spacious. The food is very good. Lobster, shrimps, steaks, pork chops, fries and fresh-made pasta with different sauces... really, I do'nt know how they'll be able to keep up; all this along with all the drinks (by the way the wine they serve is super. It's from Spain). Also they have these tea tents all over the grounds where they serve or you serve yourself tea, coffee, baked goods, cheese-cake and champagne!!! If that is your destination just remember to bring some moskito repellent. They are sneaky. You tend not to feel the bite until after the fact. Also if you want to curl your hair, do bring an appliance that runs on a battery, like a brauns. You need an adapter for the electricity but even then they did'nt work!!!go figure. Also if you like music at the poolside or on the beach, then bring a compact-disc or it's equivalent. That's about it. Just remember they are new and are trying very hard to please so be patient, understanding and kind. Have a great holiday and enjoy...as they say when in Rome...go with the flow...Louise.
JUST BACK -- MISSING CUBA A WHOLE LOT!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba Opening Up
- 2 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 3 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 4 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 5 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 6 Sandals Resorts
- 7 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 8 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 9 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 10 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 11 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 12 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 13 Cuba in 10 days
- 14 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 15 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 16 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 17 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin
- 18 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 19 Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana
- 20 Villa rental on St. John
- 21 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 22 Just back from St. Maarten
- 23 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 24 Villa Rental on St. John
- 25 Sandals Whitehouse