Just back from Varadero. My husband, daughter, son-in-law , a couple friend of theirs and myself. We stayed at the Paradisus Varadero and eventhough it's only been operating since last October; there is'nt anything negative about it! There are still minor little things they are trying to iron out, like over booking at the restaurants ect...very minor things....they are very friendly and most curtious. Ask and you will receive! The rooms are elegant and very spacious. The food is very good. Lobster, shrimps, steaks, pork chops, fries and fresh-made pasta with different sauces... really, I do'nt know how they'll be able to keep up; all this along with all the drinks (by the way the wine they serve is super. It's from Spain). Also they have these tea tents all over the grounds where they serve or you serve yourself tea, coffee, baked goods, cheese-cake and champagne!!! If that is your destination just remember to bring some moskito repellent. They are sneaky. You tend not to feel the bite until after the fact. Also if you want to curl your hair, do bring an appliance that runs on a battery, like a brauns. You need an adapter for the electricity but even then they did'nt work!!!go figure. Also if you like music at the poolside or on the beach, then bring a compact-disc or it's equivalent. That's about it. Just remember they are new and are trying very hard to please so be patient, understanding and kind. Have a great holiday and enjoy...as they say when in Rome...go with the flow...Louise.
JUST BACK -- MISSING CUBA A WHOLE LOT!!
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Islands with great nightlife
- 2 month stay on a caribbean island
- 3 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 4 Where to stay on Vieques
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 7 Ferry to Rum Point
- 8 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 9 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 10 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 11 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?