Just back from Varadero. My husband, daughter, son-in-law , a couple friend of theirs and myself. We stayed at the Paradisus Varadero and eventhough it's only been operating since last October; there is'nt anything negative about it! There are still minor little things they are trying to iron out, like over booking at the restaurants ect...very minor things....they are very friendly and most curtious. Ask and you will receive! The rooms are elegant and very spacious. The food is very good. Lobster, shrimps, steaks, pork chops, fries and fresh-made pasta with different sauces... really, I do'nt know how they'll be able to keep up; all this along with all the drinks (by the way the wine they serve is super. It's from Spain). Also they have these tea tents all over the grounds where they serve or you serve yourself tea, coffee, baked goods, cheese-cake and champagne!!! If that is your destination just remember to bring some moskito repellent. They are sneaky. You tend not to feel the bite until after the fact. Also if you want to curl your hair, do bring an appliance that runs on a battery, like a brauns. You need an adapter for the electricity but even then they did'nt work!!!go figure. Also if you like music at the poolside or on the beach, then bring a compact-disc or it's equivalent. That's about it. Just remember they are new and are trying very hard to please so be patient, understanding and kind. Have a great holiday and enjoy...as they say when in Rome...go with the flow...Louise.
JUST BACK -- MISSING CUBA A WHOLE LOT!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 2 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 3 shore excursions
- 4 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 5 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 6 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 7 Curacao vs Barbados
- 8 Honeymoon Destination
- 9 Bahamas girls trip
- 10 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 11 Safe for Family
- 12 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 13 Restaurants in Aruba
- 14 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 15 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 16 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 17 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 18 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 19 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 20 Snorkeling
- 21 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 22 fish fry on Curacao
- 23 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 24 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 25 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas