My boyfriend and I are currently looking to plan a trip for the week of the 4th of July. We would like to do something that conisists of forest hikes, waterfalls, animals, sightseeing, for part of our trip and a possible island excursion or just really nice beach with snorkeling and maybe kayaking for the other part. We are currently looking at three options - Nicaragua and the Corn Islands, Honduras and Roatan, and Puerto Rico and Vieques/Culebra. We arent in need of anything resort like and prefer to avoid mass crowds. Does anyone have any suggestions whether they be one of these three or not or just any kind of input on this. We have never traveled Central America/Caribbean before and are open to any and all input. Thanks greatly in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 2 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 19 First time to Puerto Rico
- 20 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 21 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 22 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 23 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 24 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 25 Punta Cana