Has anyone traveled to Puerto Rico during the July 4th holiday? Having never been, I don't know how crowded/touristy it is on a regular basis. We're not the cruising/all-inclusive-style travelers and are instead looking for an authentic experience in Old San Juan--interested in history, culture, architecture, great food/wine, beautiful views. Always up for an adventure--hiking, exploring the rain forest, kayaking. Beach time is lower on the list but will want some [especially a sunrise/set]. Would love feedback on whether or not the island will be overcrowded given the holiday and/or favorite experiences. Traveling as two couples, mid- to late-30s.
July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic