Has anyone traveled to Puerto Rico during the July 4th holiday? Having never been, I don't know how crowded/touristy it is on a regular basis. We're not the cruising/all-inclusive-style travelers and are instead looking for an authentic experience in Old San Juan--interested in history, culture, architecture, great food/wine, beautiful views. Always up for an adventure--hiking, exploring the rain forest, kayaking. Beach time is lower on the list but will want some [especially a sunrise/set]. Would love feedback on whether or not the island will be overcrowded given the holiday and/or favorite experiences. Traveling as two couples, mid- to late-30s.
July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 2 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 3 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 4 Jamaica
- 5 Jamaica all inclusive
- 6 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 7 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 8 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 9 Cuba Opening Up
- 10 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 11 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 12 Why Barbados?
- 13 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 14 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 15 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 16 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 17 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 18 Just back from The Somerset
- 19 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 20 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 21 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 22 Sandals Resorts
- 23 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 24 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 25 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!