I am looking for advice on where to stay. Our budget is $2,500 for hotel (total for a family of four). This is our wish list:
--Beautiful typical Caribbean beach (i.e., crystal clear turquoise water, white sand) -- Bloody Bay?
-- no rough, rocky beaches, easy to swim for kids
-- No big resorts, no all inclusives
-- we'd like to rent a 2-bedroom villa on the beach with a restaurant on site
-- clean rooms!
-- we want jamaican culture
-- appropriate for kids (so not a lot of partying)
-- we'd like a family-style place where you get to know the staff and other guests. However we don't want to be right on top of the other guests. Some privacy if needed.
Some places we looked at are Past Time Villas, Nirvana on the Beach -- any thoughts on those? Other ideas?
Jamaica -- Where to stay
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 2 walkable hotels
- 3 Island Hopping Honeymoon!!
- 4 St. John USVI
- 5 Turks Caicos grace bay vs Long Bay or chalk sound?
- 6 The right adults-only resort
- 7 Jamaica to Other Island
- 8 Viceroy Sugar Beach or Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- 9 Vespa Rental - Turks
- 10 Help on picking a adult only all inclusive resort
- 11 swim up rooms
- 12 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 13 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 14 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 15 Anyone else been to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas?
- 16 Which Island?
- 17 Carribean vacation with infant
- 18 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 19 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 things to do in Nassau
- 22 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 25 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados