I am looking for advice on where to stay. Our budget is $2,500 for hotel (total for a family of four). This is our wish list:
--Beautiful typical Caribbean beach (i.e., crystal clear turquoise water, white sand) -- Bloody Bay?
-- no rough, rocky beaches, easy to swim for kids
-- No big resorts, no all inclusives
-- we'd like to rent a 2-bedroom villa on the beach with a restaurant on site
-- clean rooms!
-- we want jamaican culture
-- appropriate for kids (so not a lot of partying)
-- we'd like a family-style place where you get to know the staff and other guests. However we don't want to be right on top of the other guests. Some privacy if needed.
Some places we looked at are Past Time Villas, Nirvana on the Beach -- any thoughts on those? Other ideas?
Jamaica -- Where to stay
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 2 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 3 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 4 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 5 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 6 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 7 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 8 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 9 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 10 Get info about weather.
- 11 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 14 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 15 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 16 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 17 June Honeymoon Help, Please
- 18 LIAT Air
- 19 What's going on in Bimini ?
- 20 Beach front Caribbean Villa for New Year's
- 21 Need help again!!
- 22 relaxed beaches in january
- 23 AirBnb be aware of a scam on this site (not AirBnb's fault)
- 24 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 25 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba