I am looking for advice on where to stay. Our budget is $2,500 for hotel (total for a family of four). This is our wish list:
--Beautiful typical Caribbean beach (i.e., crystal clear turquoise water, white sand) -- Bloody Bay?
-- no rough, rocky beaches, easy to swim for kids
-- No big resorts, no all inclusives
-- we'd like to rent a 2-bedroom villa on the beach with a restaurant on site
-- clean rooms!
-- we want jamaican culture
-- appropriate for kids (so not a lot of partying)
-- we'd like a family-style place where you get to know the staff and other guests. However we don't want to be right on top of the other guests. Some privacy if needed.
Some places we looked at are Past Time Villas, Nirvana on the Beach -- any thoughts on those? Other ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 2 http://www.nutritionofhealth.com/leptigen-reviews/
- 3 http://klereumcol.com/forever-bust/
- 4 http://megacleanseradvice.com/io-boost-reviews/
- 5 http://brainammofacts.com/staminon/
- 6 Max Gain Xtreme Athletic introduces a large portion
- 7 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/neurocet-reviews
- 8 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 9 Cottage on the beach
- 10 Island Hopping
- 11 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 12 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 13 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 14 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 15 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 16 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 19 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 20 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 21 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 22 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 23 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 24 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 25 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014