I am looking for advice on where to stay. Our budget is $2,500 for hotel (total for a family of four). This is our wish list:
--Beautiful typical Caribbean beach (i.e., crystal clear turquoise water, white sand) -- Bloody Bay?
-- no rough, rocky beaches, easy to swim for kids
-- No big resorts, no all inclusives
-- we'd like to rent a 2-bedroom villa on the beach with a restaurant on site
-- clean rooms!
-- we want jamaican culture
-- appropriate for kids (so not a lot of partying)
-- we'd like a family-style place where you get to know the staff and other guests. However we don't want to be right on top of the other guests. Some privacy if needed.
Some places we looked at are Past Time Villas, Nirvana on the Beach -- any thoughts on those? Other ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementsoffer.com/cognidepth-reviews
- 2 Private Tour Guide Kingston
- 3 Advice/Recommendations on trip to Puerto Rico with 1 year old
- 4 First trip trip Puerto Rico
- 5 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 6 Best place to stay in Jamaica, near port antonio
- 7 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 8 Resorts that offer private homes/villa
- 9 US Cash in Cuba
- 10 Grenada
- 11 Destination Wedding- affordable
- 12 aruba planning advice
- 13 New Years Eve / St John
- 14 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 15 Looking for island choice help
- 16 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 17 Need Help picking the right WARM Caribbean Vacation
- 18 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 19 Peterson
- 20 HELP! First-time vacationer to Caribbean in need expertise
- 21 Help with post tour stay Cuba
- 22 St. Croix or St. Thomas
- 23 So very lost trying to plan..please help
- 24 Timothy Beach or Oualie Beach? St.Kitts vs. Nevis
- 25 September Anniversary Trip to Turks & Caicos