I am looking for advice on where to stay. Our budget is $2,500 for hotel (total for a family of four). This is our wish list:
--Beautiful typical Caribbean beach (i.e., crystal clear turquoise water, white sand) -- Bloody Bay?
-- no rough, rocky beaches, easy to swim for kids
-- No big resorts, no all inclusives
-- we'd like to rent a 2-bedroom villa on the beach with a restaurant on site
-- clean rooms!
-- we want jamaican culture
-- appropriate for kids (so not a lot of partying)
-- we'd like a family-style place where you get to know the staff and other guests. However we don't want to be right on top of the other guests. Some privacy if needed.
Some places we looked at are Past Time Villas, Nirvana on the Beach -- any thoughts on those? Other ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 PR or USVI
- 2 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 3 Which Caribbean island?
- 4 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 5 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 6 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 7 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 8 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 9 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 10 5 days in Havana
- 11 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 12 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 13 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 14 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 15 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 16 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 17 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 18 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 19 Scrub Island Resort
- 20 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 21 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 22 Wedding Destinations???
- 23 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 24 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 25 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11