Think we are planning a mid-May trip to Jamaica and are trying to decide where to stay. Have read lots of different posts on the merits of Montego Bay vs Negril vs Ocho Rios and am more confused than ever!!
We're planning to fly from Chicago Friday-Tuesday...not long enough, but its all we can swing at this time. Am thinking Negril sounds awesome, but not sure it'll be worth the long ride from the airport given our short stay. Thoughts?
Also, my husband is recovering from two surgeries on his tibia plateau and will most likely be using a crutch so lots of hilly walking probably won't work.
We love both the beach and the pool and think All-inclusives are nice, but also like getting a flavor of the area we're visiting.
Or, would you recommend another place altogether?
Any help, opinions, suggestions you may have are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cottage on the beach
- 2 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 3 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 4 Island Hopping
- 5 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 6 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 7 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 8 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 9 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 10 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 13 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 14 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 15 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 16 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 17 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 18 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 19 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 20 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 21 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 22 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 23 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 24 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 25 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation