Think we are planning a mid-May trip to Jamaica and are trying to decide where to stay. Have read lots of different posts on the merits of Montego Bay vs Negril vs Ocho Rios and am more confused than ever!!
We're planning to fly from Chicago Friday-Tuesday...not long enough, but its all we can swing at this time. Am thinking Negril sounds awesome, but not sure it'll be worth the long ride from the airport given our short stay. Thoughts?
Also, my husband is recovering from two surgeries on his tibia plateau and will most likely be using a crutch so lots of hilly walking probably won't work.
We love both the beach and the pool and think All-inclusives are nice, but also like getting a flavor of the area we're visiting.
Or, would you recommend another place altogether?
Any help, opinions, suggestions you may have are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 2 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 3 Havana
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 7 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 8 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 9 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations
- 11 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 12 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 13 Family vacation
- 14 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 15 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 16 PR or USVI
- 17 Havana Hotel
- 18 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 19 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 20 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 21 Cayman Islands Currency
- 22 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 23 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 24 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 25 What foods can be taken to Providenciales