Hello fellow travelers!
My fiance and I are planning a 5 night 6 day trip for the beginning of June 2011. We are 26 and 29. We have been doing extensive research on which island to visit. We both love the outdoors (zip lining, jungle, waterfalls, snorkeling, etc) and also enjoy busy nightlife. After looking at every island possible we narrowed it down to Jamaica (either Montego Bay or Negril) or Puerto Rico.
I had my mind set on Jamaica and to my dismay I was hearing nothing but bad things...it's dirty, slummy, lots of crime, etc. Jamaica appealed to both of us because of the number of activities (Dunn falls, Rastafarian villages, Bob Marley Museum, zip lining, cliff diving) and because of the nightlife. Not to mention all the great All-Inclusive resorts that are available. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay was very appealing and a few Couples Only Resorts in Negril.
After hearing all the terrible things, someone suggested San Juan, Puerto Rico. With it being apart of the U.S. and basically offering most of the same things as Jamaica along with what they say is the best nightlife in the Caribbean we have been giving it a lot of thought. We were also looking for modern 4-5 star hotels in San Juan.
Anyways, we are still on the fence about both places. I would love to hear some feedback and hear what you have to say! Any comments, suggestions or experiences would be great! Thanks for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First time visitors
- 2 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 3 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 4 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 5 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 6 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 7 Ideal wedding island
- 8 Help with small wedding location
- 9 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 10 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 11 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 12 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 13 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
Hello fellow travelers!