Hello fellow travelers!
My fiance and I are planning a 5 night 6 day trip for the beginning of June 2011. We are 26 and 29. We have been doing extensive research on which island to visit. We both love the outdoors (zip lining, jungle, waterfalls, snorkeling, etc) and also enjoy busy nightlife. After looking at every island possible we narrowed it down to Jamaica (either Montego Bay or Negril) or Puerto Rico.
I had my mind set on Jamaica and to my dismay I was hearing nothing but bad things...it's dirty, slummy, lots of crime, etc. Jamaica appealed to both of us because of the number of activities (Dunn falls, Rastafarian villages, Bob Marley Museum, zip lining, cliff diving) and because of the nightlife. Not to mention all the great All-Inclusive resorts that are available. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay was very appealing and a few Couples Only Resorts in Negril.
After hearing all the terrible things, someone suggested San Juan, Puerto Rico. With it being apart of the U.S. and basically offering most of the same things as Jamaica along with what they say is the best nightlife in the Caribbean we have been giving it a lot of thought. We were also looking for modern 4-5 star hotels in San Juan.
Anyways, we are still on the fence about both places. I would love to hear some feedback and hear what you have to say! Any comments, suggestions or experiences would be great! Thanks for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 주식관련사이트 주식공부사이트 n1inve.com
- 2 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 3 All inclusive
- 4 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 19 First time to Puerto Rico
- 20 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 21 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 22 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 23 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 24 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 25 Punta Cana
Hello fellow travelers!