Hello fellow travelers!
My fiance and I are planning a 5 night 6 day trip for the beginning of June 2011. We are 26 and 29. We have been doing extensive research on which island to visit. We both love the outdoors (zip lining, jungle, waterfalls, snorkeling, etc) and also enjoy busy nightlife. After looking at every island possible we narrowed it down to Jamaica (either Montego Bay or Negril) or Puerto Rico.
I had my mind set on Jamaica and to my dismay I was hearing nothing but bad things...it's dirty, slummy, lots of crime, etc. Jamaica appealed to both of us because of the number of activities (Dunn falls, Rastafarian villages, Bob Marley Museum, zip lining, cliff diving) and because of the nightlife. Not to mention all the great All-Inclusive resorts that are available. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay was very appealing and a few Couples Only Resorts in Negril.
After hearing all the terrible things, someone suggested San Juan, Puerto Rico. With it being apart of the U.S. and basically offering most of the same things as Jamaica along with what they say is the best nightlife in the Caribbean we have been giving it a lot of thought. We were also looking for modern 4-5 star hotels in San Juan.
Anyways, we are still on the fence about both places. I would love to hear some feedback and hear what you have to say! Any comments, suggestions or experiences would be great! Thanks for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 car rental in barbados
- 2 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 3 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 4 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 5 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 6 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 7 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 8 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 9 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 10 Choosing the Right Island
- 11 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 12 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 13 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 14 Aruba help!
- 15 St Martin
- 16 Planning a three week trip
- 17 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 18 Casa Karma
- 19 Honeymoon - please help!
- 20 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 21 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 22 Cuba
- 23 Negril, Jamaica resorts for young people
- 24 Cuba: February 2016
- 25 Cuba - Old Havana Travel Report
Hello fellow travelers!