Hello fellow travelers!
My fiance and I are planning a 5 night 6 day trip for the beginning of June 2011. We are 26 and 29. We have been doing extensive research on which island to visit. We both love the outdoors (zip lining, jungle, waterfalls, snorkeling, etc) and also enjoy busy nightlife. After looking at every island possible we narrowed it down to Jamaica (either Montego Bay or Negril) or Puerto Rico.
I had my mind set on Jamaica and to my dismay I was hearing nothing but bad things...it's dirty, slummy, lots of crime, etc. Jamaica appealed to both of us because of the number of activities (Dunn falls, Rastafarian villages, Bob Marley Museum, zip lining, cliff diving) and because of the nightlife. Not to mention all the great All-Inclusive resorts that are available. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay was very appealing and a few Couples Only Resorts in Negril.
After hearing all the terrible things, someone suggested San Juan, Puerto Rico. With it being apart of the U.S. and basically offering most of the same things as Jamaica along with what they say is the best nightlife in the Caribbean we have been giving it a lot of thought. We were also looking for modern 4-5 star hotels in San Juan.
Anyways, we are still on the fence about both places. I would love to hear some feedback and hear what you have to say! Any comments, suggestions or experiences would be great! Thanks for the help!!!
Jamaica VS Puerto Rico
Hello fellow travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 6 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 7 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 8 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 9 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 12 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 13 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 14 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 15 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 16 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 17 Which island?
- 18 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 19 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 20 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 21 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 22 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 23 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 24 Turks and Caicos problems
- 25 Bahama Out Island/Turks /Cozumel