Based on my last topic (http://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/need-help-choosing-honeymoon.cfm), hubby-to-be and I are seriously considering Jamaica for our honeymoon, disregarding the fact that my horrible cruise stop in Ocho Rios had me saying I'd never go back. So after much research, the question is: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away? I really like how much smaller CN is, but I'm worried we'll get bored or sick of it. I also don't like the "au naturel" option but I can deal with it and just won't go to that part of the beach. CSA is obviously much larger with more bars and restaurants but I don't know if that makes it worth going to. I also like the more classy and reserved wood/white decor of the rooms. Which is more relaxed, beachy, and romantic? He's more of a pool guy, and I'm more of a beach girl, but if there's a beach bar and the water is as gorgeous as it seems in pictures, I think we'll be spending plenty of time at the beach as well. Which has more to do offsite? I've been reading about some waterfalls and caves that we'd probably like to check out. It's so difficult to choose which resort when they're both breathtaking! Honest opinions and comments?
Jamaica - Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Advice needed
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 6 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 7 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 8 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 9 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 10 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 11 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 12 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 13 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 14 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 15 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 16 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 17 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica