My wife and her best friend both turn 40 this year, and we want to celebrate with a kid-free vacation during the last week of March. We want beachfront or something very close (walkable). We'd like a place with a kitchen so we can cook some meals together, and we need 2 bedrooms. We're looking for someplace quiet but not too far removed from stores, restaurants, etc. Access to outdoor activities not boat-related would be good. Access to a pool is nice but not a must. We're looking to spend $200-$250 per night (but we would also appreciate knowing if that seems like a reasonable budget for what we want). And, the place needs to be easily accessible from the DC and Boston areas. Any suggestions?
ISO destination for 40th birthday trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 2 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 3 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 4 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 5 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 6 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 7 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 8 Best island for a villa rental
- 9 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 Which Island?
- 12 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 13 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 14 Punta Cana?
- 15 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 16 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 17 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 18 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 19 Advice needed
- 20 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 21 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 22 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 23 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 24 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 25 Bahamas or Republic of Panama