My wife and her best friend both turn 40 this year, and we want to celebrate with a kid-free vacation during the last week of March. We want beachfront or something very close (walkable). We'd like a place with a kitchen so we can cook some meals together, and we need 2 bedrooms. We're looking for someplace quiet but not too far removed from stores, restaurants, etc. Access to outdoor activities not boat-related would be good. Access to a pool is nice but not a must. We're looking to spend $200-$250 per night (but we would also appreciate knowing if that seems like a reasonable budget for what we want). And, the place needs to be easily accessible from the DC and Boston areas. Any suggestions?
ISO destination for 40th birthday trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 just be careful
- 5 Restaurants in Aruba
- 6 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 7 Snorkeling
- 8 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 9 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 10 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 11 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 12 shore excursions
- 13 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 14 Bahamas girls trip
- 15 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 16 Safe for Family
- 17 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 18 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 19 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 20 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 21 Curacao vs Barbados
- 22 Honeymoon Destination
- 23 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 24 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 25 Martinique - solo female traveller