My wife and her best friend both turn 40 this year, and we want to celebrate with a kid-free vacation during the last week of March. We want beachfront or something very close (walkable). We'd like a place with a kitchen so we can cook some meals together, and we need 2 bedrooms. We're looking for someplace quiet but not too far removed from stores, restaurants, etc. Access to outdoor activities not boat-related would be good. Access to a pool is nice but not a must. We're looking to spend $200-$250 per night (but we would also appreciate knowing if that seems like a reasonable budget for what we want). And, the place needs to be easily accessible from the DC and Boston areas. Any suggestions?
ISO destination for 40th birthday trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Back from San Juan
- 2 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 3 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 4 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 5 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 6 San Juan Airport
- 7 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 8 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 9 Why Barbados?
- 10 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 11 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 12 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 13 Storm ?
- 14 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 15 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 16 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 17 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 18 Kristen- where are you?????
- 19 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 20 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 21 The Color of the Water
- 22 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 23 Anguilla stay?
- 24 Punta Cana excursions
- 25 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable