My wife and her best friend both turn 40 this year, and we want to celebrate with a kid-free vacation during the last week of March. We want beachfront or something very close (walkable). We'd like a place with a kitchen so we can cook some meals together, and we need 2 bedrooms. We're looking for someplace quiet but not too far removed from stores, restaurants, etc. Access to outdoor activities not boat-related would be good. Access to a pool is nice but not a must. We're looking to spend $200-$250 per night (but we would also appreciate knowing if that seems like a reasonable budget for what we want). And, the place needs to be easily accessible from the DC and Boston areas. Any suggestions?
ISO destination for 40th birthday trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best island for family of 5 (kids-21,18,16) end of June/early July?
- 2 St. Croix and sea grass
- 3 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 4 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 5 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 6 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 7 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 8 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 9 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 10 Tipping at AI
- 11 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 12 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 13 Traveling Solo
- 14 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 15 A Volcanic Paradise
- 16 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 17 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 18 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 19 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 20 St. Kitts, the details
- 21 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 22 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 23 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 24 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 25 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip