Which islands offer a safe/comfortable town to explore that is accessible by public transportation from the beach/hotel area? In St. Martin we liked the shops, restaurants and activity of the port area in Marigot and Grand Case, but we felt we needed a car to get around the island. Does Aruba offer this as well being that Oranjestad seems to be a nice town from what I have read. I don't want to rent a car to get back and forth from beach to town and Aruba seems to have a good public transportation system that we would be comfortable using. Are there any other island recommendations that have easy access from the beach area to a town/city that is a place where you would want to explore, shope, eat, etc?
Islands with beautiful beaches and a nice town to explore
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 2 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 3 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 4 Bahamas Resort
- 5 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 6 Which country?
- 7 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 8 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 9 Antigua or St Martin
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay