Which islands offer a safe/comfortable town to explore that is accessible by public transportation from the beach/hotel area? In St. Martin we liked the shops, restaurants and activity of the port area in Marigot and Grand Case, but we felt we needed a car to get around the island. Does Aruba offer this as well being that Oranjestad seems to be a nice town from what I have read. I don't want to rent a car to get back and forth from beach to town and Aruba seems to have a good public transportation system that we would be comfortable using. Are there any other island recommendations that have easy access from the beach area to a town/city that is a place where you would want to explore, shope, eat, etc?
Islands with beautiful beaches and a nice town to explore
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 3 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 4 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 5 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 6 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 7 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 8 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 9 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 10 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 11 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 12 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 13 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 14 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 15 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 16 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 17 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 Beaches Turks question
- 20 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 21 Curacao - where to stay
- 22 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 23 May Honeymoon
- 24 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada
- 25 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas