Which islands offer a safe/comfortable town to explore that is accessible by public transportation from the beach/hotel area? In St. Martin we liked the shops, restaurants and activity of the port area in Marigot and Grand Case, but we felt we needed a car to get around the island. Does Aruba offer this as well being that Oranjestad seems to be a nice town from what I have read. I don't want to rent a car to get back and forth from beach to town and Aruba seems to have a good public transportation system that we would be comfortable using. Are there any other island recommendations that have easy access from the beach area to a town/city that is a place where you would want to explore, shope, eat, etc?
Islands with beautiful beaches and a nice town to explore
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 2 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 3 Cuba Opening Up
- 4 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 5 Jamaica
- 6 Jamaica all inclusive
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 9 Why Barbados?
- 10 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 11 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 12 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 13 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 14 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 15 Just back from The Somerset
- 16 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 17 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 18 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 19 Sandals Resorts
- 20 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 21 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 22 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 23 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 24 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 25 Cuba in 10 days