I'm a first time poster and I need some advice on my upcoming honeymoon in janurary 2013 in st thomas. We are staying in st thomas for 2 weeks in a villa rental. We already booked and figured st thomas for a good base to see surrounding islands also. So what i'm wondering is:
1. what other islands are good for day trips? we are already going to the baths on VG.
2. we would like to spend possibly 2 nights on a neighboring island. maybe st. croix(maybe stay at the buccaneer and visit buck island?)
or vieques are also options? I don't know if any of the BVI or St john are worth staying 2 nights because we are already going to be just a short ferry ride from them in st thomas, but definately not out of the question. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
3. Any advice on the smaller st thomas islands would also be appreciated.
Things we are looking to do:
1. White sandy beaches
3. great food
4. not going to rent a car because we're renting 1 on st thomas.
5. Authentic local scene
6. aviod cruise ship crowds for the most part.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 When to go to El Yunque
- 2 Honeymoon Advice
- 3 My New Life !
- 4 SAFE and ACTIVE
- 5 Travel buddy
- 6 Accomodation and transport in Eleuthera, Bahamas
- 7 Junkanoo Champagne vs Goomba Champagne - what's the difference?
- 8 Jamaica with two 23 yr old young men
- 9 Cuba
- 10 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 11 Jamaica
- 12 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 13 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 14 Help me to pick an island
- 15 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 16 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 17 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 18 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 19 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 20 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 21 Conference in Cuba in February
- 22 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 23 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 24 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 25 Small boat excursion