I'm a first time poster and I need some advice on my upcoming honeymoon in janurary 2013 in st thomas. We are staying in st thomas for 2 weeks in a villa rental. We already booked and figured st thomas for a good base to see surrounding islands also. So what i'm wondering is:
1. what other islands are good for day trips? we are already going to the baths on VG.
2. we would like to spend possibly 2 nights on a neighboring island. maybe st. croix(maybe stay at the buccaneer and visit buck island?)
or vieques are also options? I don't know if any of the BVI or St john are worth staying 2 nights because we are already going to be just a short ferry ride from them in st thomas, but definately not out of the question. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
3. Any advice on the smaller st thomas islands would also be appreciated.
Things we are looking to do:
1. White sandy beaches
3. great food
4. not going to rent a car because we're renting 1 on st thomas.
5. Authentic local scene
6. aviod cruise ship crowds for the most part.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 2 Babymoon Beach Vacation
- 3 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 4 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 5 turks caicos
- 6 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 7 Curacao
- 8 Puerto Rico since the "meltdown"
- 9 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 10 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 11 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 12 Groupon Tours
- 13 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 14 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 15 Location
- 16 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 17 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 18 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 19 Private tours in Cuba
- 20 Planning trip to st Lucia
- 21 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 22 Bahamas girls trip
- 23 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 24 Cuba Tour Companies
- 25 Reduit Beach is being ruined