I'm a first time poster and I need some advice on my upcoming honeymoon in janurary 2013 in st thomas. We are staying in st thomas for 2 weeks in a villa rental. We already booked and figured st thomas for a good base to see surrounding islands also. So what i'm wondering is:
1. what other islands are good for day trips? we are already going to the baths on VG.
2. we would like to spend possibly 2 nights on a neighboring island. maybe st. croix(maybe stay at the buccaneer and visit buck island?)
or vieques are also options? I don't know if any of the BVI or St john are worth staying 2 nights because we are already going to be just a short ferry ride from them in st thomas, but definately not out of the question. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
3. Any advice on the smaller st thomas islands would also be appreciated.
Things we are looking to do:
1. White sandy beaches
3. great food
4. not going to rent a car because we're renting 1 on st thomas.
5. Authentic local scene
6. aviod cruise ship crowds for the most part.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50th Birthday with Family
- 2 Cuba in November
- 3 Eating Low On The Glycemic Index For Diabetics And For Weight Loss
- 4 http://drozforskolin.org/alpha-force-testo-reviews/
- 5 http://www.muscle4power.com/sinuprex/
- 6 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 7 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 8 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 9 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 10 Birthday Celebration
- 11 DR - All inclusive
- 12 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 13 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 14 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 15 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 16 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 17 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 18 Late May Trip
- 19 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 20 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 21 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 22 Cheers to Beers!
- 23 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 24 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 25 New Years Eve / St John