I'm a first time poster and I need some advice on my upcoming honeymoon in janurary 2013 in st thomas. We are staying in st thomas for 2 weeks in a villa rental. We already booked and figured st thomas for a good base to see surrounding islands also. So what i'm wondering is:
1. what other islands are good for day trips? we are already going to the baths on VG.
2. we would like to spend possibly 2 nights on a neighboring island. maybe st. croix(maybe stay at the buccaneer and visit buck island?)
or vieques are also options? I don't know if any of the BVI or St john are worth staying 2 nights because we are already going to be just a short ferry ride from them in st thomas, but definately not out of the question. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
3. Any advice on the smaller st thomas islands would also be appreciated.
Things we are looking to do:
1. White sandy beaches
3. great food
4. not going to rent a car because we're renting 1 on st thomas.
5. Authentic local scene
6. aviod cruise ship crowds for the most part.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation suggestion, please
- 2 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 3 Bahamas help
- 4 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 5 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 6 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 7 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 8 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 9 New Destination
- 10 aruba planning advice
- 11 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 12 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 13 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 14 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 15 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 16 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 17 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 18 Barbados Beaches
- 19 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 20 Peterson
- 21 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 22 Cuba weather in March
- 23 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 24 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 25 Which islands for an extended vacation?