I'm a first time poster and I need some advice on my upcoming honeymoon in janurary 2013 in st thomas. We are staying in st thomas for 2 weeks in a villa rental. We already booked and figured st thomas for a good base to see surrounding islands also. So what i'm wondering is:
1. what other islands are good for day trips? we are already going to the baths on VG.
2. we would like to spend possibly 2 nights on a neighboring island. maybe st. croix(maybe stay at the buccaneer and visit buck island?)
or vieques are also options? I don't know if any of the BVI or St john are worth staying 2 nights because we are already going to be just a short ferry ride from them in st thomas, but definately not out of the question. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
3. Any advice on the smaller st thomas islands would also be appreciated.
Things we are looking to do:
1. White sandy beaches
3. great food
4. not going to rent a car because we're renting 1 on st thomas.
5. Authentic local scene
6. aviod cruise ship crowds for the most part.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Living in the Caribbean
- 2 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 3 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 4 Cuba Help
- 5 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 6 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 7 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 8 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 9 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 10 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 11 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 12 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 13 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 14 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 15 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 16 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 17 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 18 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 19 St. Croix
- 20 St Kitts & Irma
- 21 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 22 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 23 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 24 Barbados
- 25 Nassau safety