I'm a first time poster and I need some advice on my upcoming honeymoon in janurary 2013 in st thomas. We are staying in st thomas for 2 weeks in a villa rental. We already booked and figured st thomas for a good base to see surrounding islands also. So what i'm wondering is:
1. what other islands are good for day trips? we are already going to the baths on VG.
2. we would like to spend possibly 2 nights on a neighboring island. maybe st. croix(maybe stay at the buccaneer and visit buck island?)
or vieques are also options? I don't know if any of the BVI or St john are worth staying 2 nights because we are already going to be just a short ferry ride from them in st thomas, but definately not out of the question. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
3. Any advice on the smaller st thomas islands would also be appreciated.
Things we are looking to do:
1. White sandy beaches
3. great food
4. not going to rent a car because we're renting 1 on st thomas.
5. Authentic local scene
6. aviod cruise ship crowds for the most part.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 2 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 3 PR or USVI
- 4 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 5 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 6 Which Caribbean island?
- 7 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 8 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 9 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 10 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 11 5 days in Havana
- 12 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 13 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 16 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 17 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 18 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 22 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 23 Wedding Destinations???
- 24 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 25 Down to two in January have we got it right