I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 2 Americans traveling to Cuba..question
- 2 First Vacation!
- 3 Safe for Family
- 4 Grand Cayman January
- 5 Bahamas girls trip
- 6 Turks & Caicos
- 7 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 8 Restaurant in Aruba
- 9 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 10 Early 20's Couple
- 11 Couple in early 20's
- 12 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 13 Boat Charter in BVI
- 14 Weather in June?
- 15 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?
- 16 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 17 Anniversary Trip Options
- 18 Island with golf
- 19 2 Days in Dominica
- 20 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 21 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 22 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 23 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 24 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 25 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico