I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Islands in August & September
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 3 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 4 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 5 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 6 shore excursions
- 7 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 8 just be careful
- 9 Restaurants in Aruba
- 10 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 11 Snorkeling
- 12 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 13 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 14 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 15 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 16 Bahamas girls trip
- 17 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 18 Safe for Family
- 19 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 20 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 21 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 22 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 23 Curacao vs Barbados
- 24 Honeymoon Destination
- 25 Solo backpacking in Cuba