I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 2 Resort Recommendations
- 3 Transportation to Exuma
- 4 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 5 Nassau temp late Jan
- 6 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 7 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 8 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 9 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 10 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 11 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 12 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 13 West Coast US and Carribean
- 14 Hotel Suggestion in Puerto Plata
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Can acouple travel to Havana for 3 or 4 days legally as tourists??
- 17 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 18 St. John USVI
- 19 Caribbean Honeymoon in Dec - Where to Go?
- 20 Tour advice
- 21 Help with where to staty- last minute Sept trip Eluethera
- 22 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 23 Cuba itinerary
- 24 Chicago to Caribbean with toddler
- 25 Puerto Plata-hotel recommendations and things to do