I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Islands in August & September
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 2 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 3 Barbados question where to stay
- 4 Barbados Ferry Service
- 5 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 6 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 7 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 8 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 9 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 10 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 11 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 12 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 13 Caribbean with grown kids
- 14 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 15 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 16 Driving in Aurba
- 17 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 18 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 19 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 20 Restaurant in Aruba
- 21 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 22 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 23 Providenciales Airport
- 24 2 weeks in Cuba
- 25 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?