I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 2 Tortola Where to stay on a Budget?!
- 3 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 4 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 5 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 6 Looking for destination suggestions
- 7 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 8 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 9 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 10 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 11 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 12 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 13 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 14 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 15 Any suggestions??
- 16 Gustavia stay
- 17 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 18 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 19 My week in Guadeloupe
- 20 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 21 Which Island?
- 22 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 23 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 24 Freeport, Bahamas
- 25 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)