I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Islands in August & September
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 2 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 3 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 4 Salt Kettle House to close
- 5 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 6 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 7 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 8 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 9 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 10 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 11 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 12 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 13 Why Barbados?
- 14 Cayman Islands in October
- 15 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 18 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 19 all-inclusive or villa?
- 20 Anyone want to critique my Puerto Rico itinerary?
- 21 San Juan Hotel
- 22 Help me narrow it down, please!
- 23 Introductory Island for a West Coast Girl?
- 24 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 25 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?