I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Islands in August & September
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 3 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 4 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 5 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 6 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 7 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 8 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 11 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 12 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 17 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 18 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 19 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 20 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 21 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 22 Which island?
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 25 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John