I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Islands in August & September
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 2 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 3 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 4 Anguilla stay?
- 5 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 6 Cayman Islands in October
- 7 Back from San Juan
- 8 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 9 Kristen- where are you?????
- 10 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 11 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 12 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 13 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 14 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 15 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 16 Puerto Rico
- 17 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 18 Cuba People to People Tours
- 19 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 relaxed beaches in january
- 22 Are you the new future traveler?
- 23 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 24 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?
- 25 Who can advice a reliable tour operator to Dominican Republic?