I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 2 Cuba in November
- 3 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 4 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 5 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 6 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 7 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 8 Tennis in Aruba question
- 9 christmas in the caribbean
- 10 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 11 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 12 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 13 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 14 Jamaica
- 15 Money in Jamaica
- 16 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 17 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 18 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 19 Atlantis in Nassau
- 20 Off Beaten Path from Atlantis
- 21 10 Great Days in Guadeloupe
- 22 My week in Guadeloupe
- 23 Guadeloupe in January
- 24 Aruba All Inclusive?
- 25 Back from Turks, last night!