I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Islands in August & September
- 1 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 2 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 3 Family with infants/toddlers
- 4 Ferry to Rum Point
- 5 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 8 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 9 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 10 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 11 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 12 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 13 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 14 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 15 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 16 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 17 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 18 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 19 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 20 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 21 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 22 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 23 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 24 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 25 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales