I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Islands in August & September
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Croix and sea grass
- 2 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES