I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Islands in August & September
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Island Hopping Honeymoon!!
- 2 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 3 walkable hotels
- 4 St. John USVI
- 5 Turks Caicos grace bay vs Long Bay or chalk sound?
- 6 The right adults-only resort
- 7 Jamaica to Other Island
- 8 Viceroy Sugar Beach or Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- 9 Vespa Rental - Turks
- 10 Help on picking a adult only all inclusive resort
- 11 swim up rooms
- 12 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 13 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 14 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 15 Anyone else been to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas?
- 16 Which Island?
- 17 Carribean vacation with infant
- 18 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 19 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 things to do in Nassau
- 22 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 25 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados