I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 2 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 3 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 4 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 5 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 6 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 7 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 8 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 9 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 10 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 11 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 12 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 13 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 14 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 15 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 16 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 17 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 18 all inclusive advice
- 19 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 20 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
- 21 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 22 St Thomas, Curacao, St Croix or San Juan with adult kids?
- 23 will my American kids be considered tourists like me
- 24 St. Maarten Lodging one nite
- 25 My Topic Title IN the postcard