We are looking into planning a Carribean trip in January or February 2011. I have never been to the Carribean. This year we visited Hawaii and I loved being there and want to experience other tropical locations. I have been doing research on line trying to figure out where I want to go, but there are so many OPTIONS...I can't decide. I was hoping some of you experts could help me out.
I would like an island that is truly "Carribean" and not all commericialized or touristy. I would like to stay at a resort, but not in an absolutely tourist packed area. At the same time, I would still like a good amount of fun activities to do (such as snorkeling, helicopter ride, horseback riding, ziplining, etc) Snorkeling right off of the beach is a huge plus. I of course love white sand beaches and beautiful blue/green water! I just want to feel like I am in the Carribean. I love going to local shops and restuarants. Going to flea markets and farmers makets where locals are selling local fruits and vegetables.
Flight length really isn't an issue. I would like an island that typically has pleasant weather during January and February.
So what do you all recommend and why??
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Thomas airport to ferry to Tortola
- 2 We won a vacation we don't want!
- 3 Military honeymoon
- 4 Honeymoon August 2016
- 5 Solo female traveller over xmas time
- 6 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 7 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 8 which caribbean island/town for beachfront close to town
- 9 car rental in tortola
- 10 To Blanchisseuse Bay. A Beautiful Afternoon Drive
- 11 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 12 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 13 Canadian money exchange ??
- 14 Help choosing an island
- 15 Safe, family friendly Island
- 16 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 17 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 18 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 19 Family trip to Jamaica
- 20 Vieques Island
- 21 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 22 Best island for food and beaches
- 23 Cuba tour companies
- 24 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 25 Resort rent out for wedding