We are looking into planning a Carribean trip in January or February 2011. I have never been to the Carribean. This year we visited Hawaii and I loved being there and want to experience other tropical locations. I have been doing research on line trying to figure out where I want to go, but there are so many OPTIONS...I can't decide. I was hoping some of you experts could help me out.
I would like an island that is truly "Carribean" and not all commericialized or touristy. I would like to stay at a resort, but not in an absolutely tourist packed area. At the same time, I would still like a good amount of fun activities to do (such as snorkeling, helicopter ride, horseback riding, ziplining, etc) Snorkeling right off of the beach is a huge plus. I of course love white sand beaches and beautiful blue/green water! I just want to feel like I am in the Carribean. I love going to local shops and restuarants. Going to flea markets and farmers makets where locals are selling local fruits and vegetables.
Flight length really isn't an issue. I would like an island that typically has pleasant weather during January and February.
So what do you all recommend and why??
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/paravex-male-enhancement/
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 Move to grand cayman
- 8 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 9 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 10 Malaria Punta Cana
- 11 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 12 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 13 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 14 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 15 New Destination
- 16 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 17 Bahamas help
- 18 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 19 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 20 Vacation suggestion, please
- 21 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 22 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 23 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 24 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 25 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?