We are looking into planning a Carribean trip in January or February 2011. I have never been to the Carribean. This year we visited Hawaii and I loved being there and want to experience other tropical locations. I have been doing research on line trying to figure out where I want to go, but there are so many OPTIONS...I can't decide. I was hoping some of you experts could help me out.
I would like an island that is truly "Carribean" and not all commericialized or touristy. I would like to stay at a resort, but not in an absolutely tourist packed area. At the same time, I would still like a good amount of fun activities to do (such as snorkeling, helicopter ride, horseback riding, ziplining, etc) Snorkeling right off of the beach is a huge plus. I of course love white sand beaches and beautiful blue/green water! I just want to feel like I am in the Carribean. I love going to local shops and restuarants. Going to flea markets and farmers makets where locals are selling local fruits and vegetables.
Flight length really isn't an issue. I would like an island that typically has pleasant weather during January and February.
So what do you all recommend and why??
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://musclebuildingbuy.com/testo-max-hd/
- 2 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 3 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 4 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 5 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 6 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 7 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 8 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 9 Island Hopping
- 10 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 11 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 12 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Havana restaurants
- 15 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 16 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 17 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 18 What area of T&C to stay in?
- 19 Playa del Carmen vs. Negril vs. Other
- 20 Getting away in June
- 21 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 22 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
- 23 A Week In Cuba
- 24 celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed
- 25 Help for which island please?