We are looking into planning a Carribean trip in January or February 2011. I have never been to the Carribean. This year we visited Hawaii and I loved being there and want to experience other tropical locations. I have been doing research on line trying to figure out where I want to go, but there are so many OPTIONS...I can't decide. I was hoping some of you experts could help me out.
I would like an island that is truly "Carribean" and not all commericialized or touristy. I would like to stay at a resort, but not in an absolutely tourist packed area. At the same time, I would still like a good amount of fun activities to do (such as snorkeling, helicopter ride, horseback riding, ziplining, etc) Snorkeling right off of the beach is a huge plus. I of course love white sand beaches and beautiful blue/green water! I just want to feel like I am in the Carribean. I love going to local shops and restuarants. Going to flea markets and farmers makets where locals are selling local fruits and vegetables.
Flight length really isn't an issue. I would like an island that typically has pleasant weather during January and February.
So what do you all recommend and why??
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Nathan the golf cart man
- 2 How much to expect to spend in the DR
- 3 Dominican Republic virgins.
- 4 2 Americans traveling to Cuba..question
- 5 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 6 HELP Choosing Island
- 7 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 8 First Vacation!
- 9 Early 20's Couple
- 10 Chartering a boat for a week for vacation
- 11 Help - need advice
- 12 Flights from Cancun to Cuba
- 13 Island with golf
- 14 Safe for Family
- 15 Grand Cayman January
- 16 Bahamas girls trip
- 17 Turks & Caicos
- 18 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 19 Restaurant in Aruba
- 20 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 21 Couple in early 20's
- 22 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 Boat Charter in BVI
- 24 Weather in June?
- 25 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?