Hi everyone, my husband and I are looking to go away for a week for our anniversary (Nov) we we're going either in Nov or Dec. We we're leaning towards Bermuda we liked the idea of a vacation rental and the freedom to come and go when we want. We don't want to do AI. We aren't interested in Mexico, Dominican or Cuba. We don't drink but don't mind going to the pub or a bar to get something to eat. We will probally flying out of Toronto so we are pretty flexable with islands. We would like a nice beach close by but one that isn't covered with hundreds of people, we don't like alot of crowds looking for a quiet island it doesn't have to be a "tourist trap" . This is our first south vacation we enjoy swimming. As for shopping not looking to do too much bring home some treasures to remind us of where we've been I'm not looking to go clothes shopping all day. We looked at Grenada really liked the idea of going for a tour of where they grow/process the nutmeg, even though we don't drink wouldn't mind going to a place to see how rum is processed, we are farmers, and seeing other countries industries and way of life intrest us.We are active so we would like a place we can go hiking, biking, or going kyaking (love it) For a budget looking to keeping it under $ 4000 was planning on cooking and eating out some (airfare not included). I hope we are not being to naive, and to demanding. Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 2 Vacation Ideas
- 3 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Cupecoy Beach
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?