My wife and I have decided to take a last minute trip Jan 3 - 8. We have been to the Caribbean once before (Guadeloupe) and enjoyed it very much. We live near Washington DC and are hoping to find an island that is only one stop and 8 hours or less total travel time. Budget is not much of a constraint. Clearly, I would like a good deal but realize Jan is a very expensive time inn the Caribbean. Here are some things we like when traveling:
- Smaller property. We have stayed in very large Mexican resorts and were not fans. We avoid all inclusives.
- Outdoor activities. We like rainforest/volcano hiking, ziplines, boat rides, sea kayak, rafting, maybe a little golf but snorkel/scuba not necessary.
- Nice spa on property
- Great food on property and/or on island
- Like to explore. Drive to beaches, restaurants, shopping and activities. Mostly daytime outings. We are looking for place where we feel reasonably safe moving around.
- Nice beach on property
I think that sums our wants up. I currently have a reservation at Tortuga Bay in Punta Cana, DR. Have I found the right island/property? i have reserved flights so can cancel and switch if alternatives arise. Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Island Choice
- 2 Cruise stop activities
- 3 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 4 Aruba weather
- 5 Jade Mountain
- 6 Turks and caicos
- 7 Turks and caicos
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 11 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 12 Bermuda
- 13 Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 15 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 16 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 17 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 18 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 19 Taxi info. Self touring
- 20 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 21 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 22 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 23 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 24 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 25 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.