My wife and I have decided to take a last minute trip Jan 3 - 8. We have been to the Caribbean once before (Guadeloupe) and enjoyed it very much. We live near Washington DC and are hoping to find an island that is only one stop and 8 hours or less total travel time. Budget is not much of a constraint. Clearly, I would like a good deal but realize Jan is a very expensive time inn the Caribbean. Here are some things we like when traveling:
- Smaller property. We have stayed in very large Mexican resorts and were not fans. We avoid all inclusives.
- Outdoor activities. We like rainforest/volcano hiking, ziplines, boat rides, sea kayak, rafting, maybe a little golf but snorkel/scuba not necessary.
- Nice spa on property
- Great food on property and/or on island
- Like to explore. Drive to beaches, restaurants, shopping and activities. Mostly daytime outings. We are looking for place where we feel reasonably safe moving around.
- Nice beach on property
I think that sums our wants up. I currently have a reservation at Tortuga Bay in Punta Cana, DR. Have I found the right island/property? i have reserved flights so can cancel and switch if alternatives arise. Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/beaute-wrinkle-reducer/
- 2 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 3 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 4 St. Croix
- 5 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 6 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 9 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 10 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 11 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 12 Island Hopping
- 13 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 14 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 15 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Havana restaurants
- 18 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 19 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 20 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 21 What area of T&C to stay in?
- 22 Playa del Carmen vs. Negril vs. Other
- 23 Getting away in June
- 24 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 25 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!