My wife and I have decided to take a last minute trip Jan 3 - 8. We have been to the Caribbean once before (Guadeloupe) and enjoyed it very much. We live near Washington DC and are hoping to find an island that is only one stop and 8 hours or less total travel time. Budget is not much of a constraint. Clearly, I would like a good deal but realize Jan is a very expensive time inn the Caribbean. Here are some things we like when traveling:
- Smaller property. We have stayed in very large Mexican resorts and were not fans. We avoid all inclusives.
- Outdoor activities. We like rainforest/volcano hiking, ziplines, boat rides, sea kayak, rafting, maybe a little golf but snorkel/scuba not necessary.
- Nice spa on property
- Great food on property and/or on island
- Like to explore. Drive to beaches, restaurants, shopping and activities. Mostly daytime outings. We are looking for place where we feel reasonably safe moving around.
- Nice beach on property
I think that sums our wants up. I currently have a reservation at Tortuga Bay in Punta Cana, DR. Have I found the right island/property? i have reserved flights so can cancel and switch if alternatives arise. Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Phone Number Dj YAHOO MAIL Tech 1800-540-6830 Helpdesk/Line
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary