I need some advice. I've always wanted to go to Havana. Love the music et el. I'm planning a very long business trip to States + Canada and decided to take a WELL DESERVED 1 week break. My last stop in the States will be New York. I was advised to go to Havana from New York via Nassau. I plan to go in August 8-15. There might be a 1 day in Nassau.
1)What is the most effective route from New York?
2)Would any of you recommend the online vacation packages offered on ways2cuba.com? I'm considering the 7 day tour: Havana-Santiago one.
3)If I have to stay in Nassau for 1 night- what is the best/and safe thing to do for a single woman travelling on her own?
4) Any additional advice would be much appreciated.
Ps: I am South African.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 2 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 3 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 4 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 5 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 6 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 7 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 8 Cuba in November
- 9 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 10 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 11 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 12 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 13 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 14 Tennis in Aruba question
- 15 christmas in the caribbean
- 16 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 17 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 18 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 19 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 20 Jamaica
- 21 Money in Jamaica
- 22 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 23 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 24 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 25 Atlantis in Nassau