I need some advice. I've always wanted to go to Havana. Love the music et el. I'm planning a very long business trip to States + Canada and decided to take a WELL DESERVED 1 week break. My last stop in the States will be New York. I was advised to go to Havana from New York via Nassau. I plan to go in August 8-15. There might be a 1 day in Nassau.
1)What is the most effective route from New York?
2)Would any of you recommend the online vacation packages offered on ways2cuba.com? I'm considering the 7 day tour: Havana-Santiago one.
3)If I have to stay in Nassau for 1 night- what is the best/and safe thing to do for a single woman travelling on her own?
4) Any additional advice would be much appreciated.
Ps: I am South African.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 2 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 3 Safest Islands for Us?
- 4 Bermuda in February or March
- 5 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 6 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 7 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 8 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 9 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 10 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 11 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 12 Narrowing it down
- 13 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 14 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 15 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 16 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 17 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 18 Destination Wedding
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 21 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 22 barbados vs. Bonaire
- 23 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 24 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 25 Proof of return to board a flight to jamaica.