We are considering a 3 night trip in early December. We want a non-stop flight from NYC and don't want to travel far once we reach our destination. We are looking for good food, a fun atmosphere, nice beach and easy to get around. We would consider a large chain hotel or small intimate B&B type but would like to spend around $200-$250 per night. We like local restaurants that we can walk to from the hotel or take a taxi. We have been to St. Martin and would go back and stay in Grand Case to be close to all the great restaurants. Puerto Rico and St. Thomas are other options but we have never been to either. Would either of these places provide what we are looking for? Any other suggestions?
ideas for a quick caribbean get away
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 3 Tipping at AI
- 4 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?