I am planning to travel to Cuba in Oct-Nov this year and was wanting to get some basic info before I start planning the trip. Firstly is this a good time of year to go weatherwise (ie its not hurricane season is it and is it hot enough to go to the beach ?)
Secondly I am a 34 yr old single female travelling alone and don't speak spanish. Do you recommend independent travel or an organised tour ? I have decided that I would prefer to stay in a Casa Particular rather than a hotel to get more of an authentic Cuban experience but since I only have 2 weeks can you advise which cities/areas are a must see. I love to dance Salsa and love the beach so those are my two minimum requirements. I am open to anything else that is traditionally Cuban.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 aruba planning advice
- 3 Move to grand cayman
- 4 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 5 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 6 Malaria Punta Cana
- 7 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 8 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 9 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 10 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 11 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 12 New Destination
- 13 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 14 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 15 Bahamas help
- 16 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 17 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 18 Vacation suggestion, please
- 19 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 20 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 21 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 22 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 23 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 24 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 25 Transfer from Havana to Varadero