I am planning to travel to Cuba in Oct-Nov this year and was wanting to get some basic info before I start planning the trip. Firstly is this a good time of year to go weatherwise (ie its not hurricane season is it and is it hot enough to go to the beach ?)
Secondly I am a 34 yr old single female travelling alone and don't speak spanish. Do you recommend independent travel or an organised tour ? I have decided that I would prefer to stay in a Casa Particular rather than a hotel to get more of an authentic Cuban experience but since I only have 2 weeks can you advise which cities/areas are a must see. I love to dance Salsa and love the beach so those are my two minimum requirements. I am open to anything else that is traditionally Cuban.
I want an authentic experience in Cuba
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question