I am planning to travel to Cuba in Oct-Nov this year and was wanting to get some basic info before I start planning the trip. Firstly is this a good time of year to go weatherwise (ie its not hurricane season is it and is it hot enough to go to the beach ?)
Secondly I am a 34 yr old single female travelling alone and don't speak spanish. Do you recommend independent travel or an organised tour ? I have decided that I would prefer to stay in a Casa Particular rather than a hotel to get more of an authentic Cuban experience but since I only have 2 weeks can you advise which cities/areas are a must see. I love to dance Salsa and love the beach so those are my two minimum requirements. I am open to anything else that is traditionally Cuban.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 2 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 3 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 4 Looking for destination suggestions
- 5 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 6 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 7 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 8 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 9 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 10 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 11 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 12 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 13 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 14 Any suggestions??
- 15 Gustavia stay
- 16 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 17 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 18 My week in Guadeloupe
- 19 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 20 Which Island?
- 21 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 22 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 23 Freeport, Bahamas
- 24 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 25 Freeport Hotel