First trip to the Caribbean for Mr. Fan & I and it's to celebrate my 50th (ouch). Going in mid-January.
My intention was to go to Grenada for a week, but as I searched for available flights, the ones to Grenada were 4 flights over 36 hours with a half day in Miami. I was looking for alternative ways to get there and found an available 1 connection flight to Barbados and noticed Liat flies direct from Barbados to Grenada. So, I booked into Barbados and out of Grenada.
So, my question is, do we simply overnight in Barbados and take the 11:30 am direct flight to Grenada the next morning? Or do we stay a full day, or even two days? I'm torn. Barbados looks lovely but expensive, and I tend not to have alot of fun when I'm calculating my hotel expense in terms of my mortgage payment.
If it helps, we love the beach, the water, and especially boats, but we're not 'beach people'. By that I mean, we'll go to the beach and after an hour or so, we're planning what to go 'check out' next. But we love beach bars! We mainly like to meet people, wander and explore. We like the idea of hiking, probably more than actually hiking. Shopping, we enjoy seeing what local items are available for purchase, but no need for serious stores.
So what would you do?
Thanks in advance for any insight!
How to split time between Barbados & Grenada?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 4 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 5 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 6 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 7 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 8 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 9 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 10 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 11 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 12 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 13 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 14 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 15 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 18 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 19 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 20 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 21 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 22 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 23 Which island?
- 24 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 25 A week in TCI, and some questions