First trip to the Caribbean for Mr. Fan & I and it's to celebrate my 50th (ouch). Going in mid-January.
My intention was to go to Grenada for a week, but as I searched for available flights, the ones to Grenada were 4 flights over 36 hours with a half day in Miami. I was looking for alternative ways to get there and found an available 1 connection flight to Barbados and noticed Liat flies direct from Barbados to Grenada. So, I booked into Barbados and out of Grenada.
So, my question is, do we simply overnight in Barbados and take the 11:30 am direct flight to Grenada the next morning? Or do we stay a full day, or even two days? I'm torn. Barbados looks lovely but expensive, and I tend not to have alot of fun when I'm calculating my hotel expense in terms of my mortgage payment.
If it helps, we love the beach, the water, and especially boats, but we're not 'beach people'. By that I mean, we'll go to the beach and after an hour or so, we're planning what to go 'check out' next. But we love beach bars! We mainly like to meet people, wander and explore. We like the idea of hiking, probably more than actually hiking. Shopping, we enjoy seeing what local items are available for purchase, but no need for serious stores.
So what would you do?
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/endovex-male-enhancement/
- 2 Honeymoon Help!!
- 3 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 4 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 5 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 6 All inclusive
- 7 BVI trip questions
- 8 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 9 DR vs. Mexico
- 10 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 11 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 12 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 13 Family of 5 undecided island
- 14 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 15 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 16 family resort ideas?
- 17 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 18 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 19 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 20 First time to Puerto Rico
- 21 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 22 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 23 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 24 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 25 Caribbean Vacation in May