First trip to the Caribbean for Mr. Fan & I and it's to celebrate my 50th (ouch). Going in mid-January.
My intention was to go to Grenada for a week, but as I searched for available flights, the ones to Grenada were 4 flights over 36 hours with a half day in Miami. I was looking for alternative ways to get there and found an available 1 connection flight to Barbados and noticed Liat flies direct from Barbados to Grenada. So, I booked into Barbados and out of Grenada.
So, my question is, do we simply overnight in Barbados and take the 11:30 am direct flight to Grenada the next morning? Or do we stay a full day, or even two days? I'm torn. Barbados looks lovely but expensive, and I tend not to have alot of fun when I'm calculating my hotel expense in terms of my mortgage payment.
If it helps, we love the beach, the water, and especially boats, but we're not 'beach people'. By that I mean, we'll go to the beach and after an hour or so, we're planning what to go 'check out' next. But we love beach bars! We mainly like to meet people, wander and explore. We like the idea of hiking, probably more than actually hiking. Shopping, we enjoy seeing what local items are available for purchase, but no need for serious stores.
So what would you do?
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 2 Cuba
- 3 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 4 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 5 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 6 Conference in Cuba in February
- 7 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 8 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 9 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 10 Help me to pick an island
- 11 Small boat excursion
- 12 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 13 Overwhelmed....
- 14 Can you tell me where?
- 15 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 16 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 17 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 18 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 19 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 20 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 21 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 22 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 23 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 24 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 25 Help picking an island!!!!