First trip to the Caribbean for Mr. Fan & I and it's to celebrate my 50th (ouch). Going in mid-January.
My intention was to go to Grenada for a week, but as I searched for available flights, the ones to Grenada were 4 flights over 36 hours with a half day in Miami. I was looking for alternative ways to get there and found an available 1 connection flight to Barbados and noticed Liat flies direct from Barbados to Grenada. So, I booked into Barbados and out of Grenada.
So, my question is, do we simply overnight in Barbados and take the 11:30 am direct flight to Grenada the next morning? Or do we stay a full day, or even two days? I'm torn. Barbados looks lovely but expensive, and I tend not to have alot of fun when I'm calculating my hotel expense in terms of my mortgage payment.
If it helps, we love the beach, the water, and especially boats, but we're not 'beach people'. By that I mean, we'll go to the beach and after an hour or so, we're planning what to go 'check out' next. But we love beach bars! We mainly like to meet people, wander and explore. We like the idea of hiking, probably more than actually hiking. Shopping, we enjoy seeing what local items are available for purchase, but no need for serious stores.
So what would you do?
Thanks in advance for any insight!
How to split time between Barbados & Grenada?
- 1 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 2 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 3 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 4 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 5 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 6 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 7 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 8 Bahamas snorkeling
- 9 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 10 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 11 Wedding Help!
- 12 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 13 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 14 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 15 Islands with great nightlife
- 16 month stay on a caribbean island
- 17 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 18 Where to stay on Vieques
- 19 Ferry to Rum Point
- 20 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 21 Family with infants/toddlers
- 22 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 23 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 24 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 25 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary