First trip to the Caribbean for Mr. Fan & I and it's to celebrate my 50th (ouch). Going in mid-January.
My intention was to go to Grenada for a week, but as I searched for available flights, the ones to Grenada were 4 flights over 36 hours with a half day in Miami. I was looking for alternative ways to get there and found an available 1 connection flight to Barbados and noticed Liat flies direct from Barbados to Grenada. So, I booked into Barbados and out of Grenada.
So, my question is, do we simply overnight in Barbados and take the 11:30 am direct flight to Grenada the next morning? Or do we stay a full day, or even two days? I'm torn. Barbados looks lovely but expensive, and I tend not to have alot of fun when I'm calculating my hotel expense in terms of my mortgage payment.
If it helps, we love the beach, the water, and especially boats, but we're not 'beach people'. By that I mean, we'll go to the beach and after an hour or so, we're planning what to go 'check out' next. But we love beach bars! We mainly like to meet people, wander and explore. We like the idea of hiking, probably more than actually hiking. Shopping, we enjoy seeing what local items are available for purchase, but no need for serious stores.
So what would you do?
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.muscle4power.com/sinuprex/
- 2 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 3 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 4 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 5 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 6 Birthday Celebration
- 7 DR - All inclusive
- 8 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 9 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 10 Cuba in November
- 11 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 12 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 13 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 14 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 15 Late May Trip
- 16 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 17 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Cheers to Beers!
- 20 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 21 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 22 New Years Eve / St John
- 23 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 24 Island Choice
- 25 Aruba Car Rental