This is my first post on the Caribbean forum! I just booked a trip for our family of 4, using FF miles (1st trip to the Caribbean!). We fly from California to St. Thomas and will be staying at the Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Marriott (using reward points). We could not get FF tickets back to California from St. Thomas, but we could get return FF tickets from San Juan.
We have 9 nights, so I thought it might be nice to spend 5 nights on San Thomas, then 4 nights on St. Kitts, staying at the St. Kitts Marriott (also using reward points). So here are the questions...
(1) What is the best way to get from St. Thomas to St. Kitts?
(2) What is the best way to get from St. Kitts to San Juan, for our return flight to California?
(3) Does this seem like a reasonable way to divide the time?
(4) My family wants to dive (DH and DD are certified divers) and snorkel (myself and DS). Any recommendations on where to go?
(5) My kids will be 12 and almost 16 at the time of the trip. Any other ideas for things for 1st timers to do while there? We are not interested in casinos. We like the beaches but don't want to lay on them all day. We will shop a little but that's not the main interest. We are not big drinkers. We do want to explore beautiful places, have some good local food, and see some interesting things.
Thanks for any ideas you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 2 Where to stay in Puerto Rico?
- 3 Weather in Nov
- 4 Virgin Gorda with Kids
- 5 Fishing for ideas
- 6 CHOOSING BETWEEN 3 RESORTS, HELP!
- 7 If you heard about the Weight Loss System
- 8 Spring Break trip to Cuba with our kids
- 9 Travel Insurance
- 10 First time cruiser to USVI
- 11 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 12 Cuba
- 13 Affordable Eats & Drinks - which Islands?
- 14 Restaurants in Aruba
- 15 long enough layover in SJU?
- 16 The Color of the Water
- 17 Confused what to chose
- 18 Bermuda in Late August
- 19 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
- 20 Travel from St. Martin to St. Thomas
- 21 Beach hoilday, 8m old baby in August?
- 22 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 23 Caribbean in March 2016
- 24 All Inclusive Villas in the Caribbean
- 25 Cuba tour company