This is my first post on the Caribbean forum! I just booked a trip for our family of 4, using FF miles (1st trip to the Caribbean!). We fly from California to St. Thomas and will be staying at the Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Marriott (using reward points). We could not get FF tickets back to California from St. Thomas, but we could get return FF tickets from San Juan.
We have 9 nights, so I thought it might be nice to spend 5 nights on San Thomas, then 4 nights on St. Kitts, staying at the St. Kitts Marriott (also using reward points). So here are the questions...
(1) What is the best way to get from St. Thomas to St. Kitts?
(2) What is the best way to get from St. Kitts to San Juan, for our return flight to California?
(3) Does this seem like a reasonable way to divide the time?
(4) My family wants to dive (DH and DD are certified divers) and snorkel (myself and DS). Any recommendations on where to go?
(5) My kids will be 12 and almost 16 at the time of the trip. Any other ideas for things for 1st timers to do while there? We are not interested in casinos. We like the beaches but don't want to lay on them all day. We will shop a little but that's not the main interest. We are not big drinkers. We do want to explore beautiful places, have some good local food, and see some interesting things.
Thanks for any ideas you can provide!
How to get from St. Thomas to St, Kitts, then to San Juan
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 2 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 3 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 4 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 5 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 6 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 7 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 8 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 9 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 10 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 11 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 12 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 13 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 14 Which island?
- 15 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 16 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 17 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 18 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 19 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 20 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 21 Turks and Caicos problems
- 22 Bahama Out Island/Turks /Cozumel
- 23 customs
- 24 Best Carribean Island Vacation for Non-Couples
- 25 Converting USD to EC currency