I am going to the Dominican Republic this summer on a volunteer program. I will be living and eating with other interns so my question is more about daily life. How safe is it to walk around in the city areas? Are there certain precautions that I need to take, especially as a woman? I speak Spanish, not like a native but pretty well, so just wondering how that would impact my time there. I don't know if this is going to make any difference but, I am Indian and in Mexico (where I was for 3 months), the locals mistook me for Mexican so I didn't really have that much trouble acclimatizing with the country. Any thoughts on how that could translate into the DR point of view?
Any suggestions, advice, tips, places to see, things to do, precautions to take, etc will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 【BUS97。Com】“ ] * 카지노게임방법“ 스포츠토토사이트
- 2 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 3 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 4 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 5 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 6 Tortola next week
- 7 Summer trip
- 8 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 9 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 10 DR vs. Mexico
- 11 Surf Fly Fishing
- 12 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 13 Family of 5 undecided island
- 14 Christmas 2017
- 15 Honeymoon Help!!
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 17 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 18 All inclusive
- 19 BVI trip questions
- 20 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 21 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 22 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 23 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 24 family resort ideas?
- 25 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba