I am going to the Dominican Republic this summer on a volunteer program. I will be living and eating with other interns so my question is more about daily life. How safe is it to walk around in the city areas? Are there certain precautions that I need to take, especially as a woman? I speak Spanish, not like a native but pretty well, so just wondering how that would impact my time there. I don't know if this is going to make any difference but, I am Indian and in Mexico (where I was for 3 months), the locals mistook me for Mexican so I didn't really have that much trouble acclimatizing with the country. Any thoughts on how that could translate into the DR point of view?
Any suggestions, advice, tips, places to see, things to do, precautions to take, etc will be much appreciated!
How safe is the DR for women?
- 1 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 2 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 3 June vacation trip for guys
- 4 St.Thomas St. John
- 5 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 6 Which island to visit???
- 7 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 8 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 9 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 10 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 11 Honeymoon Help!
- 12 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 13 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 14 Grand Cayman
- 15 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 16 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 17 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 18 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 19 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 20 quiet and relaxing
- 21 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 22 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!
- 23 Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?
- 24 All Inclusive for small children?
- 25 Private tours in Jamaica