I am going to the Dominican Republic this summer on a volunteer program. I will be living and eating with other interns so my question is more about daily life. How safe is it to walk around in the city areas? Are there certain precautions that I need to take, especially as a woman? I speak Spanish, not like a native but pretty well, so just wondering how that would impact my time there. I don't know if this is going to make any difference but, I am Indian and in Mexico (where I was for 3 months), the locals mistook me for Mexican so I didn't really have that much trouble acclimatizing with the country. Any thoughts on how that could translate into the DR point of view?
Any suggestions, advice, tips, places to see, things to do, precautions to take, etc will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/paravex-male-enhancement/
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 Move to grand cayman
- 8 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 9 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 10 Malaria Punta Cana
- 11 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 12 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 13 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 14 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 15 New Destination
- 16 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 17 Bahamas help
- 18 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 19 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 20 Vacation suggestion, please
- 21 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 22 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 23 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 24 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 25 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?