I am going to the Dominican Republic this summer on a volunteer program. I will be living and eating with other interns so my question is more about daily life. How safe is it to walk around in the city areas? Are there certain precautions that I need to take, especially as a woman? I speak Spanish, not like a native but pretty well, so just wondering how that would impact my time there. I don't know if this is going to make any difference but, I am Indian and in Mexico (where I was for 3 months), the locals mistook me for Mexican so I didn't really have that much trouble acclimatizing with the country. Any thoughts on how that could translate into the DR point of view?
Any suggestions, advice, tips, places to see, things to do, precautions to take, etc will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 다놀자게임 ▣ 홈피: 【_v vz338.com_】
- 2 Vacation recommendations
- 3 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 4 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Curaçao and girls?
- 7 Small Carribean Hotel
- 8 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 9 Punta Cana Excursions
- 10 customs questions
- 11 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 12 Nassau Bahamas
- 13 Biking in Caribbean
- 14 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 15 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 16 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 17 Help with how long on each island.
- 18 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 19 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 20 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 21 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 22 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 23 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 24 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 25 Hiking in St. John