I am going to the Dominican Republic this summer on a volunteer program. I will be living and eating with other interns so my question is more about daily life. How safe is it to walk around in the city areas? Are there certain precautions that I need to take, especially as a woman? I speak Spanish, not like a native but pretty well, so just wondering how that would impact my time there. I don't know if this is going to make any difference but, I am Indian and in Mexico (where I was for 3 months), the locals mistook me for Mexican so I didn't really have that much trouble acclimatizing with the country. Any thoughts on how that could translate into the DR point of view?
Any suggestions, advice, tips, places to see, things to do, precautions to take, etc will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 US : NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 NORTON ANTIVIRUS 24*7
- 2 Havana
- 3 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 4 Barbados-how about this place?
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 7 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 8 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 9 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 10 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 11 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 12 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 13 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations
- 15 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 16 Family vacation
- 17 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 18 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 19 PR or USVI
- 20 Havana Hotel
- 21 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 22 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 23 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 24 Cayman Islands Currency
- 25 Virgin Gorda BVI