I am going to the Dominican Republic this summer on a volunteer program. I will be living and eating with other interns so my question is more about daily life. How safe is it to walk around in the city areas? Are there certain precautions that I need to take, especially as a woman? I speak Spanish, not like a native but pretty well, so just wondering how that would impact my time there. I don't know if this is going to make any difference but, I am Indian and in Mexico (where I was for 3 months), the locals mistook me for Mexican so I didn't really have that much trouble acclimatizing with the country. Any thoughts on how that could translate into the DR point of view?
Any suggestions, advice, tips, places to see, things to do, precautions to take, etc will be much appreciated!
How safe is the DR for women?
- 1 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 2 Trip Report of the Bahamas 7/1 - 7/6/12
- 3 I WAS STOLEN BY A STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK OF ATLANTIS ROYAL TOWERS!!!
- 4 First timers going to Nassau, Bahamas - need help!
- 5 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 6 St.Thomas St. John
- 7 Which island to visit???
- 8 June vacation trip for guys
- 9 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 10 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 11 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 12 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 13 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 14 Honeymoon Help!
- 15 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 16 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 17 Grand Cayman
- 18 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 19 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 20 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 21 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 22 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 23 quiet and relaxing
- 24 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 25 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!