i would like to plan a 5 night vacation to grenada and travel within the next 2 months. I really wanted to stay at La Luna, but it seems to be very pricey. i'd like to spend less than $800/person for hotel and air, since i'd like to go EP so i can experience the local cuisine. i'm also interested in renting a car for a day to drive around the island and see the lay of the land. i'm also interested in the 6 hour hike from Grand Etang to the Concord waterfalls. i have be looking at prices at two places besides La Luna. they are Allamanda Beach Resort and SECRET HARBOUR RESORT. i read online that the best area to stay is Gran Anse beach. does anyone know how close La Luna, Allamand and Secret Harbor are to Gran Anse? also, do these particular properties have nice pools and beach area?
as far as when to travel goes, i read that rainy season is from june to november. if i plan a trip at the end of may, will i get rained out? how about june?
as far as hotel goes, i'd like to stay somewhere that is very clean. i'd like a nice beach, and i'd like to be within walking distance of some restaurants, or close enough to a bus stop or something so i can get around, especially if i stay somewhere a little outside of the main hotel area (if that's how it is laid out).
i'd like to spend 3 of the days relaxing, 1 day driving around and 1 day hiking - mixed together, of course.
also, if i could get a last minute deal to grenada, i'd be willing to stay pretty much anywhere, but it would have to been significantly less expensive and still a clean establishment.
thanks for taking the time to read all of this. thanks ahead of time for your response.
Hotel advice - when-to-go advice request by april
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Advice needed
- 2 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 3 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 4 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 5 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 6 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 7 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 8 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 9 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 10 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 11 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 12 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 13 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 14 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 15 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 16 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 17 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 20 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 21 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 22 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 23 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 24 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 25 Which island?