i would like to plan a 5 night vacation to grenada and travel within the next 2 months. I really wanted to stay at La Luna, but it seems to be very pricey. i'd like to spend less than $800/person for hotel and air, since i'd like to go EP so i can experience the local cuisine. i'm also interested in renting a car for a day to drive around the island and see the lay of the land. i'm also interested in the 6 hour hike from Grand Etang to the Concord waterfalls. i have be looking at prices at two places besides La Luna. they are Allamanda Beach Resort and SECRET HARBOUR RESORT. i read online that the best area to stay is Gran Anse beach. does anyone know how close La Luna, Allamand and Secret Harbor are to Gran Anse? also, do these particular properties have nice pools and beach area?
as far as when to travel goes, i read that rainy season is from june to november. if i plan a trip at the end of may, will i get rained out? how about june?
as far as hotel goes, i'd like to stay somewhere that is very clean. i'd like a nice beach, and i'd like to be within walking distance of some restaurants, or close enough to a bus stop or something so i can get around, especially if i stay somewhere a little outside of the main hotel area (if that's how it is laid out).
i'd like to spend 3 of the days relaxing, 1 day driving around and 1 day hiking - mixed together, of course.
also, if i could get a last minute deal to grenada, i'd be willing to stay pretty much anywhere, but it would have to been significantly less expensive and still a clean establishment.
thanks for taking the time to read all of this. thanks ahead of time for your response.
Hotel advice - when-to-go advice request by april
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla stay?
- 2 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 3 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 4 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 5 Back from San Juan
- 6 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 7 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 8 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 9 San Juan Airport
- 10 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 11 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 12 Why Barbados?
- 13 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 14 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 15 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 16 Storm ?
- 17 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 18 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 19 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 20 Kristen- where are you?????
- 21 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 22 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 23 The Color of the Water
- 24 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 25 Punta Cana excursions