i would like to plan a 5 night vacation to grenada and travel within the next 2 months. I really wanted to stay at La Luna, but it seems to be very pricey. i'd like to spend less than $800/person for hotel and air, since i'd like to go EP so i can experience the local cuisine. i'm also interested in renting a car for a day to drive around the island and see the lay of the land. i'm also interested in the 6 hour hike from Grand Etang to the Concord waterfalls. i have be looking at prices at two places besides La Luna. they are Allamanda Beach Resort and SECRET HARBOUR RESORT. i read online that the best area to stay is Gran Anse beach. does anyone know how close La Luna, Allamand and Secret Harbor are to Gran Anse? also, do these particular properties have nice pools and beach area?
as far as when to travel goes, i read that rainy season is from june to november. if i plan a trip at the end of may, will i get rained out? how about june?
as far as hotel goes, i'd like to stay somewhere that is very clean. i'd like a nice beach, and i'd like to be within walking distance of some restaurants, or close enough to a bus stop or something so i can get around, especially if i stay somewhere a little outside of the main hotel area (if that's how it is laid out).
i'd like to spend 3 of the days relaxing, 1 day driving around and 1 day hiking - mixed together, of course.
also, if i could get a last minute deal to grenada, i'd be willing to stay pretty much anywhere, but it would have to been significantly less expensive and still a clean establishment.
thanks for taking the time to read all of this. thanks ahead of time for your response.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 2 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
- 3 Vacation recommendations
- 4 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 5 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 6 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 7 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 8 BVI trip questions
- 9 Curaçao and girls?
- 10 Small Carribean Hotel
- 11 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 12 Punta Cana Excursions
- 13 customs questions
- 14 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 15 Nassau Bahamas
- 16 Biking in Caribbean
- 17 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 18 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 19 Help with how long on each island.
- 20 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 21 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 22 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 23 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 24 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 25 Where to go January beach bachelorette?