i would like to plan a 5 night vacation to grenada and travel within the next 2 months. I really wanted to stay at La Luna, but it seems to be very pricey. i'd like to spend less than $800/person for hotel and air, since i'd like to go EP so i can experience the local cuisine. i'm also interested in renting a car for a day to drive around the island and see the lay of the land. i'm also interested in the 6 hour hike from Grand Etang to the Concord waterfalls. i have be looking at prices at two places besides La Luna. they are Allamanda Beach Resort and SECRET HARBOUR RESORT. i read online that the best area to stay is Gran Anse beach. does anyone know how close La Luna, Allamand and Secret Harbor are to Gran Anse? also, do these particular properties have nice pools and beach area?
as far as when to travel goes, i read that rainy season is from june to november. if i plan a trip at the end of may, will i get rained out? how about june?
as far as hotel goes, i'd like to stay somewhere that is very clean. i'd like a nice beach, and i'd like to be within walking distance of some restaurants, or close enough to a bus stop or something so i can get around, especially if i stay somewhere a little outside of the main hotel area (if that's how it is laid out).
i'd like to spend 3 of the days relaxing, 1 day driving around and 1 day hiking - mixed together, of course.
also, if i could get a last minute deal to grenada, i'd be willing to stay pretty much anywhere, but it would have to been significantly less expensive and still a clean establishment.
thanks for taking the time to read all of this. thanks ahead of time for your response.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 Honeymoon Help!!
- 4 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 Bermuda
- 7 Restaurant Suggestions
- 8 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 9 Aruba weather
- 10 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 11 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 12 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 13 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 14 Taxi info. Self touring
- 15 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 16 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 17 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 18 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 19 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 22 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 23 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 24 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 25 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel