I've been doing some research on this board trying to determine where my fiance and I should go on our honeymoon. We are leaning towards Peter Island Resort (maybe with a two-night stay in st thomas on one end), USVIs, Anguilla, St Barts (sounds lovely, but may be way out of our price range) St Vincent or Young Island Resort.
Here's the scoop. We are going the second week of November and seeking BLUE, CLEAR water and white sand beaches! We would like some sort of night-life, but it doesn't have to be entertainment/club atmosphere. A small pub or neighborhood bar would suit us fine--just somewhere to relax and have drinks after dinner. We are trying to stay under $3500 for 5-7 nights (and hoping to stay quite a bit under that if meals aren't included in the hotel's price). We prefer a more upscale hotel (as ooposed to motel six's) since it is our honeymoon.
Any advice you can give based on the above mentioned places (and how well you think they would suit our needs) would be greatly appreciated! Oh--and one more thing, I would prefer an island that is less "bugg-y" than others--not too fond of 6-8 legged creatures.
Thanks so much in advance for any help!! We really appreciate it!
Honeymoon: USVI vs BVI...advice needed!
- 1 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 2 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 3 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 month stay on a caribbean island
- 8 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 9 Where to stay on Vieques
- 10 Ferry to Rum Point
- 11 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 12 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 13 Family with infants/toddlers
- 14 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 15 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 16 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 17 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 18 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 22 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 23 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 24 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 25 Restaraunts in Barbados