I've been doing some research on this board trying to determine where my fiance and I should go on our honeymoon. We are leaning towards Peter Island Resort (maybe with a two-night stay in st thomas on one end), USVIs, Anguilla, St Barts (sounds lovely, but may be way out of our price range) St Vincent or Young Island Resort.
Here's the scoop. We are going the second week of November and seeking BLUE, CLEAR water and white sand beaches! We would like some sort of night-life, but it doesn't have to be entertainment/club atmosphere. A small pub or neighborhood bar would suit us fine--just somewhere to relax and have drinks after dinner. We are trying to stay under $3500 for 5-7 nights (and hoping to stay quite a bit under that if meals aren't included in the hotel's price). We prefer a more upscale hotel (as ooposed to motel six's) since it is our honeymoon.
Any advice you can give based on the above mentioned places (and how well you think they would suit our needs) would be greatly appreciated! Oh--and one more thing, I would prefer an island that is less "bugg-y" than others--not too fond of 6-8 legged creatures.
Thanks so much in advance for any help!! We really appreciate it!
Honeymoon: USVI vs BVI...advice needed!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 2 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 3 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 4 Cayman Islands in October
- 5 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 6 things to do in Nassau
- 7 Which Island?
- 8 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 9 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 10 St. John USVI
- 11 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 12 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 13 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 14 Best island for early to mid November
- 15 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 16 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 17 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 18 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 19 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 20 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 21 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 22 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 23 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 24 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 25 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten