I've been doing some research on this board trying to determine where my fiance and I should go on our honeymoon. We are leaning towards Peter Island Resort (maybe with a two-night stay in st thomas on one end), USVIs, Anguilla, St Barts (sounds lovely, but may be way out of our price range) St Vincent or Young Island Resort.
Here's the scoop. We are going the second week of November and seeking BLUE, CLEAR water and white sand beaches! We would like some sort of night-life, but it doesn't have to be entertainment/club atmosphere. A small pub or neighborhood bar would suit us fine--just somewhere to relax and have drinks after dinner. We are trying to stay under $3500 for 5-7 nights (and hoping to stay quite a bit under that if meals aren't included in the hotel's price). We prefer a more upscale hotel (as ooposed to motel six's) since it is our honeymoon.
Any advice you can give based on the above mentioned places (and how well you think they would suit our needs) would be greatly appreciated! Oh--and one more thing, I would prefer an island that is less "bugg-y" than others--not too fond of 6-8 legged creatures.
Thanks so much in advance for any help!! We really appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 4 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 5 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 6 Turks and caicos
- 7 St.Lucia newbie
- 8 Aruba weather
- 9 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 10 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 11 Turks and caicos
- 12 Cruise stop activities
- 13 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 14 Jade Mountain
- 15 Honeymoon Help!!
- 16 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 17 Bermuda
- 18 Restaurant Suggestions
- 19 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 20 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 21 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 22 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 23 Taxi info. Self touring
- 24 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 25 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort