I've been doing some research on this board trying to determine where my fiance and I should go on our honeymoon. We are leaning towards Peter Island Resort (maybe with a two-night stay in st thomas on one end), USVIs, Anguilla, St Barts (sounds lovely, but may be way out of our price range) St Vincent or Young Island Resort.
Here's the scoop. We are going the second week of November and seeking BLUE, CLEAR water and white sand beaches! We would like some sort of night-life, but it doesn't have to be entertainment/club atmosphere. A small pub or neighborhood bar would suit us fine--just somewhere to relax and have drinks after dinner. We are trying to stay under $3500 for 5-7 nights (and hoping to stay quite a bit under that if meals aren't included in the hotel's price). We prefer a more upscale hotel (as ooposed to motel six's) since it is our honeymoon.
Any advice you can give based on the above mentioned places (and how well you think they would suit our needs) would be greatly appreciated! Oh--and one more thing, I would prefer an island that is less "bugg-y" than others--not too fond of 6-8 legged creatures.
Thanks so much in advance for any help!! We really appreciate it!
Honeymoon: USVI vs BVI...advice needed!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 just be careful
- 5 Restaurants in Aruba
- 6 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 7 Snorkeling
- 8 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 9 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 10 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 11 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 12 shore excursions
- 13 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 14 Bahamas girls trip
- 15 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 16 Safe for Family
- 17 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 18 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 19 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 20 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 21 Curacao vs Barbados
- 22 Honeymoon Destination
- 23 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 24 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 25 Martinique - solo female traveller