My fiance and I (in our mid 30's) have entertained S. Africa, Thailand, Vietnam to Fiji to Bora Bora and think we finally decided on Turks & Caicos after seeing the resort Parrot Cay online last night. We would be going the beginning of June this year and see that Parrot Cay has a promo, stay 5 nights and get the 6th and 7th for free.
We figured after the wedding we will want to relax and if we go to Asia, S.Africa, etc. we will be running around and if not, feel like we are missing out on something. We would be traveling from CA, going for a week and our budget is pretty open (within reason). We enjoy the water sports, laying around, spas, eating and do not feel the need to plan everything.
I have seen many posts on many other resorts that look awesome but the one thing that turned us on to Parrot Cay was that it is on its own island and may be a little quieter and private to relax. The downfall is getting off the island and maybe going other places for dinner beyond the resort and maybe using other companies for excursions if we feel up to it (as the Parrot Cay excursions are a pretty penny, not to mention the food!).
Has anyone out there stayed there or know if it would be extremely difficult to get around or off the island? Will we essentially be pretty stuck on the island, and if yes, is it so amazing that we just wont care and won't want to leave?
Also, any suggestions on "must do" activities when we do visit? Parrot Cay has a three hour mountain bike tour that sounds amazing but it is $1000!! I would love to do this but I have a feeling we will be spending $1000 on food alone at the resort.
Thanks in advance and looking forward to any help on this!!!
p.s. We also were looking at the St. Thomas as The Ritz Carlton has a special as well, however, Turks and Caicos looked like it had nicer water and beaches?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 4 Bermuda
- 5 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 6 Restaurant Suggestions
- 7 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Aruba weather
- 10 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 11 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 12 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 13 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 14 Taxi info. Self touring
- 15 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 16 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 17 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 18 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 19 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 22 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 23 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 24 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 25 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel
Honeymoon tips please in Turks & Caicos - Parrot Cay Resort