I have feverishly been looking for a place for a honeymoon in the May 2010 time frame. I have been online for about 72 hours straight and am now so confused I don't even know where to begin. I have looked at many resorts and have gotten other suggestions on Fodors, then read a review on Trip Advisor and question them. I am looking for relatively uncrowded islands. I try to go in off season to avoid the crowds. We don't need much nightlife, but my fiance can't stand to eat at the same place every day, so other options for bars and restaurants are needed if possible. Beautiful beaches are a must. I have been to Anguilla and have been spoiled by the beautiful white sand beaches, so how anything else will compare is beyond me. I have also been to T&C, Jaimaica, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Nevis and Bermuda. We primarily, eat, sun ourselves and do water sports, sailing, and some fishing. That said, I have been looking at VIrgin Gorda (Little Dix Bay or Biras). If anyone has any experience please let me know. A big concern is that people have complained about a lot of children being there and for my honeymoon, not looking for a lot of kid noise. I have also liked the Grenadines. But seems the biggest options there are Palm Island (may be too remote with liitle dinner options), Raffles in Canuon and possibly the Cotton House (which I have heard is stuffy). I have ruled out Caneel Bay and St. John as i have heard they are much more populated and do not like the cruise ship drop offs. SO, all that being said, can anyone comment on any of these or have a better idea for an island or resort? Thanks for your help.
Honeymoon suggestions-please help.
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question