I have feverishly been looking for a place for a honeymoon in the May 2010 time frame. I have been online for about 72 hours straight and am now so confused I don't even know where to begin. I have looked at many resorts and have gotten other suggestions on Fodors, then read a review on Trip Advisor and question them. I am looking for relatively uncrowded islands. I try to go in off season to avoid the crowds. We don't need much nightlife, but my fiance can't stand to eat at the same place every day, so other options for bars and restaurants are needed if possible. Beautiful beaches are a must. I have been to Anguilla and have been spoiled by the beautiful white sand beaches, so how anything else will compare is beyond me. I have also been to T&C, Jaimaica, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Nevis and Bermuda. We primarily, eat, sun ourselves and do water sports, sailing, and some fishing. That said, I have been looking at VIrgin Gorda (Little Dix Bay or Biras). If anyone has any experience please let me know. A big concern is that people have complained about a lot of children being there and for my honeymoon, not looking for a lot of kid noise. I have also liked the Grenadines. But seems the biggest options there are Palm Island (may be too remote with liitle dinner options), Raffles in Canuon and possibly the Cotton House (which I have heard is stuffy). I have ruled out Caneel Bay and St. John as i have heard they are much more populated and do not like the cruise ship drop offs. SO, all that being said, can anyone comment on any of these or have a better idea for an island or resort? Thanks for your help.
Honeymoon suggestions-please help.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which Island?
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 4 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 5 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 6 Punta Cana?
- 7 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 8 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 9 Advice needed
- 10 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 11 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 12 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 13 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 14 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 17 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 18 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 19 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 20 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 21 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 22 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 23 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?