I've been reading a lot of comments to get suggestions for our honeymoon but thought it might be best to start my own message so that we can get your thoughts based on our "wants" for a great honeymoon.
We will be traveling in early August 2011 and staying for 7 nights. Some of the places we are considering are Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Virgin Islands, St Lucia, and the Virgin Islands. Right now we don't want to go to Mexico, Jamaica, or Cayman Islands as we have been to these places before. However, we are open to other places if you have one that you think fits our needs.
Things to we want in our honeymoon........
***Great Beach and with some privacy. (no fighting for chairs in the morning)
***Cottage type feel to the resort. We would like to find a resort that at least feels small and cozy. We don't want to feel like we're in a hotel room..
***Adults only...preferably no children (negotiable)
***Close enough where we can walk or drive safely to a populated area to shop and dine with local establishments. We want to explore and not spend all our time during the day on the resort.
Right now our budget is $2500-$3500 for the resort.
We've been visiting Fodors.com and Luxuarylink.com for suggestions. Let me know if you have another great travel website that we might want to consider.
We REALLY appreciate your help!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 2 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 3 Cuba for 6 days
- 4 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 7 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 8 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 9 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 10 Honeymoon Help!!
- 11 when to visit barbados
- 12 Barbados Beaches
- 13 Punta Cana
- 14 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 15 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 16 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 17 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 18 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 19 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 20 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations
- 22 Trouble booking hotels!
- 23 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 24 Airport transfer PUJ
- 25 Bahama's outer island