I've been reading a lot of comments to get suggestions for our honeymoon but thought it might be best to start my own message so that we can get your thoughts based on our "wants" for a great honeymoon.
We will be traveling in early August 2011 and staying for 7 nights. Some of the places we are considering are Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Virgin Islands, St Lucia, and the Virgin Islands. Right now we don't want to go to Mexico, Jamaica, or Cayman Islands as we have been to these places before. However, we are open to other places if you have one that you think fits our needs.
Things to we want in our honeymoon........
***Great Beach and with some privacy. (no fighting for chairs in the morning)
***Cottage type feel to the resort. We would like to find a resort that at least feels small and cozy. We don't want to feel like we're in a hotel room..
***Adults only...preferably no children (negotiable)
***Close enough where we can walk or drive safely to a populated area to shop and dine with local establishments. We want to explore and not spend all our time during the day on the resort.
Right now our budget is $2500-$3500 for the resort.
We've been visiting Fodors.com and Luxuarylink.com for suggestions. Let me know if you have another great travel website that we might want to consider.
We REALLY appreciate your help!!!!!!!
Honeymoon planning in the Caribbean (Help Needed)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 5 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 6 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 7 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 8 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 9 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 Which island?
- 12 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 13 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 18 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 19 Bahamas Resort
- 20 Which country?
- 21 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 22 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 23 Antigua or St Martin
- 24 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 25 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?