I've been reading a lot of comments to get suggestions for our honeymoon but thought it might be best to start my own message so that we can get your thoughts based on our "wants" for a great honeymoon.
We will be traveling in early August 2011 and staying for 7 nights. Some of the places we are considering are Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Virgin Islands, St Lucia, and the Virgin Islands. Right now we don't want to go to Mexico, Jamaica, or Cayman Islands as we have been to these places before. However, we are open to other places if you have one that you think fits our needs.
Things to we want in our honeymoon........
***Great Beach and with some privacy. (no fighting for chairs in the morning)
***Cottage type feel to the resort. We would like to find a resort that at least feels small and cozy. We don't want to feel like we're in a hotel room..
***Adults only...preferably no children (negotiable)
***Close enough where we can walk or drive safely to a populated area to shop and dine with local establishments. We want to explore and not spend all our time during the day on the resort.
Right now our budget is $2500-$3500 for the resort.
We've been visiting Fodors.com and Luxuarylink.com for suggestions. Let me know if you have another great travel website that we might want to consider.
We REALLY appreciate your help!!!!!!!
Honeymoon planning in the Caribbean (Help Needed)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Advice needed
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 7 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 8 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 9 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 10 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 11 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 12 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 13 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 14 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 19 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 20 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 21 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 22 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 23 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 24 Which island?
- 25 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens