I've been reading a lot of comments to get suggestions for our honeymoon but thought it might be best to start my own message so that we can get your thoughts based on our "wants" for a great honeymoon.
We will be traveling in early August 2011 and staying for 7 nights. Some of the places we are considering are Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Virgin Islands, St Lucia, and the Virgin Islands. Right now we don't want to go to Mexico, Jamaica, or Cayman Islands as we have been to these places before. However, we are open to other places if you have one that you think fits our needs.
Things to we want in our honeymoon........
***Great Beach and with some privacy. (no fighting for chairs in the morning)
***Cottage type feel to the resort. We would like to find a resort that at least feels small and cozy. We don't want to feel like we're in a hotel room..
***Adults only...preferably no children (negotiable)
***Close enough where we can walk or drive safely to a populated area to shop and dine with local establishments. We want to explore and not spend all our time during the day on the resort.
Right now our budget is $2500-$3500 for the resort.
We've been visiting Fodors.com and Luxuarylink.com for suggestions. Let me know if you have another great travel website that we might want to consider.
We REALLY appreciate your help!!!!!!!
Honeymoon planning in the Caribbean (Help Needed)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 2 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 3 Anguilla stay?
- 4 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 5 Cayman Islands in October
- 6 Back from San Juan
- 7 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 8 Kristen- where are you?????
- 9 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 10 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 11 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 12 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 13 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 14 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 15 Puerto Rico
- 16 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 17 Cuba People to People Tours
- 18 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 relaxed beaches in january
- 21 Are you the new future traveler?
- 22 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 23 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?
- 24 Who can advice a reliable tour operator to Dominican Republic?
- 25 St Martin rental car on ferry?