Looking for some help... Fiance and I are trying to plan out honeymoon for this coming October. We'd planned on Zambia as we met there, but alas flights weren't lining up and he really wanted a beach vacation.
Carib is close, which is a huge plus for him. I was open to Fiji, Bali (Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Ubud), Phi Phi/Krabi, but he's even balking at Hawaii, so Carib it seems...
I know there's a better chance we won't be hit on the ABC islands in October (9th-22nd) but I'm having a hard time finding a resort that has private villas. We did find one on Bonaire, but alas it's completely sold out for 4 of the nights we'd planned (not flexible unfortunately).
Essentially, we want a Fiji/Bali feel in the Carib. A smaller place off the beaten path, but still luxurious, not a Four Seasons type where there's 200 rooms and you're fighting for a good chair at the pool.
AI is not something we're after either, but are ok with it.
We'd be flying out of NYC and back to DFW, so open to suggestions out of the ABC islands if they're within a 6/7 hour flight.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 2 Jerk Chicken
- 3 BVI trip questions
- 4 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 5 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 6 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 7 aruba fun!!!
- 8 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 9 Peterson
- 10 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 11 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 12 St.Lucia newbie
- 13 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 14 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 15 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 16 Turks and caicos
- 17 Aruba weather
- 18 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 19 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 20 Turks and caicos
- 21 Cruise stop activities
- 22 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 23 Jade Mountain
- 24 Honeymoon Help!!
- 25 Bermuda