Looking for some help... Fiance and I are trying to plan out honeymoon for this coming October. We'd planned on Zambia as we met there, but alas flights weren't lining up and he really wanted a beach vacation.
Carib is close, which is a huge plus for him. I was open to Fiji, Bali (Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Ubud), Phi Phi/Krabi, but he's even balking at Hawaii, so Carib it seems...
I know there's a better chance we won't be hit on the ABC islands in October (9th-22nd) but I'm having a hard time finding a resort that has private villas. We did find one on Bonaire, but alas it's completely sold out for 4 of the nights we'd planned (not flexible unfortunately).
Essentially, we want a Fiji/Bali feel in the Carib. A smaller place off the beaten path, but still luxurious, not a Four Seasons type where there's 200 rooms and you're fighting for a good chair at the pool.
AI is not something we're after either, but are ok with it.
We'd be flying out of NYC and back to DFW, so open to suggestions out of the ABC islands if they're within a 6/7 hour flight.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Swimming Pigs
- 2 Month travel ideas
- 3 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 4 Cuba weather in March
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 7 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 8 aruba planning advice
- 9 Move to grand cayman
- 10 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 11 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 12 Malaria Punta Cana
- 13 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 14 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 15 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 16 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 17 New Destination
- 18 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 19 Bahamas help
- 20 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 21 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 22 Vacation suggestion, please
- 23 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!