My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 2 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 3 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 4 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 5 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 6 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 7 Safest Islands for Us?
- 8 Bermuda in February or March
- 9 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 10 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 11 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 12 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 13 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 14 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 15 Narrowing it down
- 16 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 17 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 18 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 19 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 20 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 21 Destination Wedding
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 24 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 25 barbados vs. Bonaire