My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 DR vs. Mexico
- 3 Surf Fly Fishing
- 4 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 Family of 5 undecided island
- 7 Christmas 2017
- 8 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 9 Honeymoon Help!!
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 11 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 12 All inclusive
- 13 BVI trip questions
- 14 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 15 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 16 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 17 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 18 family resort ideas?
- 19 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 20 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 21 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 22 First time to Puerto Rico
- 23 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 24 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 25 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018