My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Honeymoon Location Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 2 St Barts/One Day
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 T&C - tropical storm Cristobal
- 5 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 6 Too many choices.....
- 7 Late September cruise, is this a bad time of year?
- 8 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 9 Best Island for Me?
- 10 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 11 walking to the lighthouse
- 12 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 13 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 14 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 15 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 16 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 17 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 18 Cuba with Gate 1
- 19 Anguilla stay?
- 20 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 21 Back from San Juan
- 22 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 23 San Juan Airport
- 24 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 25 TCI Small group snorkle trip?