My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba
- 2 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 3 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 4 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 5 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 6 Conference in Cuba in February
- 7 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 8 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 9 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 10 Help me to pick an island
- 11 Small boat excursion
- 12 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 13 Overwhelmed....
- 14 Can you tell me where?
- 15 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 16 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 17 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 18 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 19 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 20 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 21 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 22 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 23 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 24 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 25 Help picking an island!!!!