My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 2 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 3 Volcanoes, Rainforest, and Beaches
- 4 Cuba by car
- 5 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 6 20th anniversary
- 7 The great advantages including with the use
- 8 Anguilla or Turks & Caicos?
- 9 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 10 cheap living & travelling in Dominican Republic
- 11 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 12 Sunny Beach Weather in February
- 13 Safe for Family
- 14 Christmas destination
- 15 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 16 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 17 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 18 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 19 Honeymoon Destination
- 20 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 21 shore excursions
- 22 just be careful
- 23 Restaurants in Aruba
- 24 Snorkeling
- 25 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August