My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 2 Family trip to Jamaica
- 3 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 4 Vieques Island
- 5 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 6 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 7 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 8 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 9 Best island for food and beaches
- 10 Canadian money exchange ??
- 11 Cuba tour companies
- 12 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 13 Resort rent out for wedding
- 14 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 15 St. Croix
- 16 Safe, family friendly Island
- 17 Help choosing an island
- 18 Hotel on Turks
- 19 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Help picking Caribbean honeymoon destination
- 22 December celebration trip
- 23 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 24 St. Bart's, French St. Martin or Turks & Caicos for family?
- 25 San Juan