My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 2 Weather in Nov
- 3 Virgin Gorda with Kids
- 4 Fishing for ideas
- 5 CHOOSING BETWEEN 3 RESORTS, HELP!
- 6 If you heard about the Weight Loss System
- 7 Spring Break trip to Cuba with our kids
- 8 Travel Insurance
- 9 First time cruiser to USVI
- 10 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 11 Cuba
- 12 Affordable Eats & Drinks - which Islands?
- 13 Restaurants in Aruba
- 14 long enough layover in SJU?
- 15 The Color of the Water
- 16 Confused what to chose
- 17 Bermuda in Late August
- 18 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
- 19 Travel from St. Martin to St. Thomas
- 20 Beach hoilday, 8m old baby in August?
- 21 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 22 Caribbean in March 2016
- 23 All Inclusive Villas in the Caribbean
- 24 Cuba tour company
- 25 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem