My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Bart's, French St. Martin or Turks & Caicos for family?
- 2 Money in Jamaica
- 3 The Club Barbados AI resort & Spa
- 4 Barbados - Turtle swim or snorkel?
- 5 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 6 Island with golf
- 7 Resort Recommendations
- 8 Tour advice
- 9 Mango Reef Restaurant in Turks and Caicos
- 10 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 11 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
- 12 West Coast US and Carribean
- 13 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 14 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 15 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 16 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 17 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Tour Operator?
- 20 Travel Advice Needed
- 21 Puerto Plata
- 22 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 23 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 24 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 25 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR