My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. Some of the research I have done led me to Aruba....which I just learned loses all trade winds in September making it very hot and not enjoyable, Puerto Vallarta....which I just learned is ridiculously humid in September. I have recently been looking at Curacao. Out of hurricane alley and appears to have a lot to do, shopping, restaurants, culture, and nightlife. I have a feeling that being our first trip ever to the Caribbean, just about any beach and water is going to seem amazing. I am asking for some help here. Can you all give me some recommendations on an island as well as places to stay? I want to give her a fantastic honeymoon! Does not have to be all inclusive or even a full service resort. Just something where we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 2 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 3 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 4 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 5 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 6 Cuba in November
- 7 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 8 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 9 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 10 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 11 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 12 Tennis in Aruba question
- 13 christmas in the caribbean
- 14 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 15 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 16 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 17 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 18 Jamaica
- 19 Money in Jamaica
- 20 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 21 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 22 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 23 Atlantis in Nassau
- 24 Off Beaten Path from Atlantis
- 25 10 Great Days in Guadeloupe