I have been reading all the feedback others have received and figure with such a knowledgeable group better ask my own questions, all advice is appreciated.
Planning mid Jan 2012 honeymoon for approx. 10-14 days, I am a sucker for the white sand, beautiful scenery, great swimming and lots of activities, not to mention good wine. The future wife is looking for more of a polished trip, shopping, great restaurants (hates buffets) and being pampered. Obviously it all comes at a cost, and the great thing about traveling is that you never quite know what to expect, but most experiences tend to exceed expectations. We would love to spend the entire trip at a Boutique hotel such as Viceroy in Anguilla, but the finances don’t support such dreaming. As a compromise I thought we could spend 3 or 4 nights at an upscale hotel and the remainder of the trip at a higher end all-inclusive such as sandals.. The challenge is that no island seems to have the higher end all-inclusive and a upscale hotel, with an Island we would like to explore. For example I hear great things about the Antiqua Sandals, but not so much about the Island itself.
1) How difficult is it to travel between the Islands?
2) Could one spend a week at Antiqua Sandals, then fly/ferry to Anguilla or St. Marteen?
3) Could you do the same but stay at the Sandals St. Lucia, then fly/ferry to Martinique?
4) Or am I asking for too much and we are better off staying at St. Lucia and simply changing hotels?
We both love the European influences on these Islands, good food and explore is a must, but at the same time, the worry free and cost savings of an all-inclusive gives you peace of mind.
Thanks for the help!
Honeymoon Jan 2012, need some help please
- 1 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 4 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 5 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 8 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 9 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 10 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 11 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 12 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 13 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 14 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 15 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 16 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 17 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 18 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 19 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 20 Beaches Turks question
- 21 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 22 Curacao - where to stay
- 23 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 24 May Honeymoon
- 25 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada