Getting married June 2011 and looking at Caribbean honeymoon destinations. The budget would probably be about $4,000 for 1 week: flying out of Boston. Looking at a place that offers more than just the beach: historic sites, some nightlife/bars, rainforest, rum factory, etc. We like the idea of a lush, tropical paradise with rainforests, varied scenery, etc. 3 places that really appeal to us are St Lucia, St Kitts, and St Martin/St Maarten. There seems to be some good deals that time of year. What can people tell me about these places? Is the rain more of a late afternoon shower or a total washout in mid to late June? Any real safety concerns with either locale?
Honeymoon in June: St Lucia, St Kitts, or St Martin/St Maarten?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 2 2 weeks in cuba
- 3 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 4 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 5 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 6 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 7 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 8 Jamaica
- 9 Jamaica all inclusive
- 10 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 13 Cuba Opening Up
- 14 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 15 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 16 Why Barbados?
- 17 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 18 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 19 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 20 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 21 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 22 Just back from The Somerset
- 23 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 24 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 25 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers