I have been doing a lot of my own research but I feel I'm driving around in circles so I wanted to request some help from some people who have actually been to the Caribbean! I hope this isn't too much of a repeat topic and thanks in advance for any advice .
Information: We are leaving from New York (Metro) around ~August 7th, staying for around 10 days (I would be willing to do less than 10 days if we find a resort that would be worth it for less days), and like to golf, play tennis, eat, and hang out and swim on the beach. We gamble lightly and drink lightly, but don't mind either if it hits on the other three. We are most importantly looking for a nice romantic trip that leaves us with some activities.
I have looked at Hawaii (ruled out, too far for us), Barbados, Aruba, Anguilla, Antigua, and St. Lucia. I have actually read up on most of the islands, but I tried to focus on ones that have a lesser chance of getting hit by hurricanes during August.
Tops on my list right now:
Most of my research has been tripadvisor but I think people here may have a great idea that I'm completely missing. Thanks all, I hope I have enough information to pinpoint our interests.
Honeymoon in August - Where to go with 5-7K budget leaving from NY
- 1 buy your fake/real passport,id cards,driver license and other documents
- 2 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 3 month stay on a caribbean island
- 4 Ferry to Rum Point
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 8 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 9 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 10 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 11 Islands with great nightlife
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?