I have been doing a lot of my own research but I feel I'm driving around in circles so I wanted to request some help from some people who have actually been to the Caribbean! I hope this isn't too much of a repeat topic and thanks in advance for any advice .
Information: We are leaving from New York (Metro) around ~August 7th, staying for around 10 days (I would be willing to do less than 10 days if we find a resort that would be worth it for less days), and like to golf, play tennis, eat, and hang out and swim on the beach. We gamble lightly and drink lightly, but don't mind either if it hits on the other three. We are most importantly looking for a nice romantic trip that leaves us with some activities.
I have looked at Hawaii (ruled out, too far for us), Barbados, Aruba, Anguilla, Antigua, and St. Lucia. I have actually read up on most of the islands, but I tried to focus on ones that have a lesser chance of getting hit by hurricanes during August.
Tops on my list right now:
Most of my research has been tripadvisor but I think people here may have a great idea that I'm completely missing. Thanks all, I hope I have enough information to pinpoint our interests.
Honeymoon in August - Where to go with 5-7K budget leaving from NY
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AI in Punta Cana
- 2 ATLANTIS lately?
- 3 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 4 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 5 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 6 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 7 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 8 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 9 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 10 Best island for a villa rental
- 11 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 Which Island?
- 14 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 15 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 16 Punta Cana?
- 17 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 18 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 19 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 20 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 21 Advice needed
- 22 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 23 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 24 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 25 St Thomas/Puerto Rico