I have been doing a lot of my own research but I feel I'm driving around in circles so I wanted to request some help from some people who have actually been to the Caribbean! I hope this isn't too much of a repeat topic and thanks in advance for any advice .
Information: We are leaving from New York (Metro) around ~August 7th, staying for around 10 days (I would be willing to do less than 10 days if we find a resort that would be worth it for less days), and like to golf, play tennis, eat, and hang out and swim on the beach. We gamble lightly and drink lightly, but don't mind either if it hits on the other three. We are most importantly looking for a nice romantic trip that leaves us with some activities.
I have looked at Hawaii (ruled out, too far for us), Barbados, Aruba, Anguilla, Antigua, and St. Lucia. I have actually read up on most of the islands, but I tried to focus on ones that have a lesser chance of getting hit by hurricanes during August.
Tops on my list right now:
Most of my research has been tripadvisor but I think people here may have a great idea that I'm completely missing. Thanks all, I hope I have enough information to pinpoint our interests.
Honeymoon in August - Where to go with 5-7K budget leaving from NY
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 2 Summer family vacation
- 3 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 4 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 5 50+ where to dance?
- 6 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 7 dominican republic
- 8 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 9 St Martin
- 10 Florida or caribbean
- 11 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 12 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 13 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 14 Resort villa suggestions
- 15 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 16 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 17 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 18 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 19 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 20 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 21 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 22 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 25 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please