I have been doing a lot of my own research but I feel I'm driving around in circles so I wanted to request some help from some people who have actually been to the Caribbean! I hope this isn't too much of a repeat topic and thanks in advance for any advice .
Information: We are leaving from New York (Metro) around ~August 7th, staying for around 10 days (I would be willing to do less than 10 days if we find a resort that would be worth it for less days), and like to golf, play tennis, eat, and hang out and swim on the beach. We gamble lightly and drink lightly, but don't mind either if it hits on the other three. We are most importantly looking for a nice romantic trip that leaves us with some activities.
I have looked at Hawaii (ruled out, too far for us), Barbados, Aruba, Anguilla, Antigua, and St. Lucia. I have actually read up on most of the islands, but I tried to focus on ones that have a lesser chance of getting hit by hurricanes during August.
Tops on my list right now:
Most of my research has been tripadvisor but I think people here may have a great idea that I'm completely missing. Thanks all, I hope I have enough information to pinpoint our interests.
Honeymoon in August - Where to go with 5-7K budget leaving from NY
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 2 Safe for Family
- 3 Bahamas girls trip
- 4 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 7 Snorkeling
- 8 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 9 fish fry on Curacao
- 10 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 11 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 12 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 13 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 14 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 15 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 16 Restaurants in Aruba
- 17 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 18 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 19 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 20 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 21 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 22 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Planning a honeymoon for middle of August
- 25 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please