I have been doing a lot of my own research but I feel I'm driving around in circles so I wanted to request some help from some people who have actually been to the Caribbean! I hope this isn't too much of a repeat topic and thanks in advance for any advice .
Information: We are leaving from New York (Metro) around ~August 7th, staying for around 10 days (I would be willing to do less than 10 days if we find a resort that would be worth it for less days), and like to golf, play tennis, eat, and hang out and swim on the beach. We gamble lightly and drink lightly, but don't mind either if it hits on the other three. We are most importantly looking for a nice romantic trip that leaves us with some activities.
I have looked at Hawaii (ruled out, too far for us), Barbados, Aruba, Anguilla, Antigua, and St. Lucia. I have actually read up on most of the islands, but I tried to focus on ones that have a lesser chance of getting hit by hurricanes during August.
Tops on my list right now:
Most of my research has been tripadvisor but I think people here may have a great idea that I'm completely missing. Thanks all, I hope I have enough information to pinpoint our interests.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 2 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 6 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 7 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 8 40 min layover in CLT
- 9 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 10 Atlantis 1 day
- 11 Atlantis on a budget
- 12 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 13 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 14 St. Barts
- 15 Buses in Aruba
- 16 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 17 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 18 Stingray City Tour
- 19 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 20 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 21 Bahama's outer island
- 22 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 23 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
- 24 Cuba | Havana,Varadero 2017
- 25 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
Honeymoon in August - Where to go with 5-7K budget leaving from NY