My fiancé and I are getting married in Barbados and coming for six nights to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. I have read many reviews and would love to stay at some of the nicer resorts, but they are well out of our price range. We are looking to spend less than $4,000 for an all-inclusive hotel/resort. We are in our late 20s and want to find a balance between privacy and romance and mingling with other fun people. We plan to do excusions around the island, which is why our nightly rate cannot get too high.
Right now, we are considering Rendezvous and Windjammer Landing as the two front-runners. I just came across Ti Kaye today, but it doesn't appear that they have an all-inclusive option. I have found that all-inclusive helps keep a reasonable budget since food and alcohol are already covered, so an all-inclusive is a must.
Heard the Rendezvous is great, but it is mainly retired couples. Not that it is a problem, but I think it would be nice to have the option to socialize and dance a little if we wanted. It doesn't sound like that is an option at Rendezvous, though the Couples Only is definitely appealing.
Windjammer has many mixed reviews about being chaotic and loud, but also a great place with many options for food and activities. I like the more intimate feel of a smaller resort, and I don't know if Windjammer is just too big.
We are going in late June, so hopefully some of the rates will be better since it is a slower season. Any feedback or other options would be welcomed!! We do not want to do a Sandals, though I understand they are beautiful. Just a little too mainstream for us.
Honeymoon Help in St. Lucia
- 1 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 2 Wedding Help!
- 3 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 month stay on a caribbean island
- 10 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 11 Where to stay on Vieques
- 12 Ferry to Rum Point
- 13 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 14 Family with infants/toddlers
- 15 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 16 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 17 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 18 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 19 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 20 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 23 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 24 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 25 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?