My fiancé and I are getting married in Barbados and coming for six nights to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. I have read many reviews and would love to stay at some of the nicer resorts, but they are well out of our price range. We are looking to spend less than $4,000 for an all-inclusive hotel/resort. We are in our late 20s and want to find a balance between privacy and romance and mingling with other fun people. We plan to do excusions around the island, which is why our nightly rate cannot get too high.
Right now, we are considering Rendezvous and Windjammer Landing as the two front-runners. I just came across Ti Kaye today, but it doesn't appear that they have an all-inclusive option. I have found that all-inclusive helps keep a reasonable budget since food and alcohol are already covered, so an all-inclusive is a must.
Heard the Rendezvous is great, but it is mainly retired couples. Not that it is a problem, but I think it would be nice to have the option to socialize and dance a little if we wanted. It doesn't sound like that is an option at Rendezvous, though the Couples Only is definitely appealing.
Windjammer has many mixed reviews about being chaotic and loud, but also a great place with many options for food and activities. I like the more intimate feel of a smaller resort, and I don't know if Windjammer is just too big.
We are going in late June, so hopefully some of the rates will be better since it is a slower season. Any feedback or other options would be welcomed!! We do not want to do a Sandals, though I understand they are beautiful. Just a little too mainstream for us.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 5 aruba planning advice
- 6 Move to grand cayman
- 7 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 8 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 9 Malaria Punta Cana
- 10 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 11 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 12 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 13 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 14 New Destination
- 15 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 16 Bahamas help
- 17 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 18 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 19 Vacation suggestion, please
- 20 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 21 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 22 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 23 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 24 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 25 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas