My fiancé and I are getting married in Barbados and coming for six nights to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. I have read many reviews and would love to stay at some of the nicer resorts, but they are well out of our price range. We are looking to spend less than $4,000 for an all-inclusive hotel/resort. We are in our late 20s and want to find a balance between privacy and romance and mingling with other fun people. We plan to do excusions around the island, which is why our nightly rate cannot get too high.
Right now, we are considering Rendezvous and Windjammer Landing as the two front-runners. I just came across Ti Kaye today, but it doesn't appear that they have an all-inclusive option. I have found that all-inclusive helps keep a reasonable budget since food and alcohol are already covered, so an all-inclusive is a must.
Heard the Rendezvous is great, but it is mainly retired couples. Not that it is a problem, but I think it would be nice to have the option to socialize and dance a little if we wanted. It doesn't sound like that is an option at Rendezvous, though the Couples Only is definitely appealing.
Windjammer has many mixed reviews about being chaotic and loud, but also a great place with many options for food and activities. I like the more intimate feel of a smaller resort, and I don't know if Windjammer is just too big.
We are going in late June, so hopefully some of the rates will be better since it is a slower season. Any feedback or other options would be welcomed!! We do not want to do a Sandals, though I understand they are beautiful. Just a little too mainstream for us.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba
- 2 Scrub Island Resort
- 3 Can I take alcohol?
- 4 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 5 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 6 Island recommendation
- 7 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 8 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 9 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 10 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 11 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 12 Family vacation for divers
- 13 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 14 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 15 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 16 Island advice plz!
- 17 Cubarinking water?
- 18 First time to PR
- 19 St. John Trip Report
- 20 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 21 St Kitts' Bakery
- 22 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 23 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
- 24 Coral Sands, Exuma
- 25 St. Thomas- place to stay, rental car & night cruise suggestions