My fiancé and I are getting married in Barbados and coming for six nights to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. I have read many reviews and would love to stay at some of the nicer resorts, but they are well out of our price range. We are looking to spend less than $4,000 for an all-inclusive hotel/resort. We are in our late 20s and want to find a balance between privacy and romance and mingling with other fun people. We plan to do excusions around the island, which is why our nightly rate cannot get too high.
Right now, we are considering Rendezvous and Windjammer Landing as the two front-runners. I just came across Ti Kaye today, but it doesn't appear that they have an all-inclusive option. I have found that all-inclusive helps keep a reasonable budget since food and alcohol are already covered, so an all-inclusive is a must.
Heard the Rendezvous is great, but it is mainly retired couples. Not that it is a problem, but I think it would be nice to have the option to socialize and dance a little if we wanted. It doesn't sound like that is an option at Rendezvous, though the Couples Only is definitely appealing.
Windjammer has many mixed reviews about being chaotic and loud, but also a great place with many options for food and activities. I like the more intimate feel of a smaller resort, and I don't know if Windjammer is just too big.
We are going in late June, so hopefully some of the rates will be better since it is a slower season. Any feedback or other options would be welcomed!! We do not want to do a Sandals, though I understand they are beautiful. Just a little too mainstream for us.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 2 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 3 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 4 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 5 getting around in dominican republic
- 6 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 7 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 8 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 9 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 10 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 11 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 12 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 13 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 14 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 15 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 16 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 17 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 18 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 19 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 20 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 21 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 22 all inclusive advice
- 23 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 24 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
- 25 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda